Renting stroller for one night?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
We are bringing our City mini Double with us as we have a toddler and infant, but on the MNSSHP night we are planning on leaving the infant with a babysitter and only taking the toddler.
We don't want to take the Double stroller with just one kid, so we plan on renting a stroller for the evening.
The Disney strollers are a lot cheaper as the rental companies charge for 1-3 days (same price of $45) so the $15 for Disney is a lot cheaper. BUT I know they aren't comfortable.
We're staying at Boulder Ridge and I think we don't have to fold the stroller on the boat so it would be great to be able to take her all the way back to the room in the stroller if she is asleep.

What do you guys think we should do? Are the Disney strollers OK to sleep in if she gets tired? Should I just suck up the extra money and get the rental even though I only need it for 5 hours?

I thought the launches and jitneys require closed strollers but the ferry lines and friendship boats does not?
Boulder Ridge's water transport is via a launch/water taxi.

Anyway w/o knowing anything about the comfort level of strollers I'd rent one for the 5 hours since that will make your party happiest.

How about purchasing an umbrella stroller at home? That way if the child falls asleep in park, no one has to carry them from park to ferry, and then from ferry to room.

We are bringing our City mini Double with us as we have a toddler and infant, but on the MNSSHP night we are planning on leaving the infant with a babysitter and only taking the toddler.
We don't want to take the Double stroller with just one kid, so we plan on renting a stroller for the evening.
The Disney strollers are a lot cheaper as the rental companies charge for 1-3 days (same price of $45) so the $15 for Disney is a lot cheaper. BUT I know they aren't comfortable.
We're staying at Boulder Ridge and I think we don't have to fold the stroller on the boat so it would be great to be able to take her all the way back to the room in the stroller if she is asleep.

What do you guys think we should do? Are the Disney strollers OK to sleep in if she gets tired? Should I just suck up the extra money and get the rental even though I only need it for 5 hours?

Are you taking about renting a stroller at the parks and taking it back to your room? If so, that's not how Disney strollers work - they are only good in the one park you rent them in. The strollers don't leave the park.

Are you taking about renting a stroller at the parks and taking it back to your room? If so, that's not how Disney strollers work - they are only good in the one park you rent them in. The strollers don't leave the park.
No I’d either rent from Disney OR kingdom strollers I’m just not sure which way to go.

I would just take the double stroller you already own. You know how to fold it, it's comfortable and free. The Disney strollers are pretty cumbersome and not so comfy, plus they cannot leave the park. If your child falls asleep in it, you will need to return the stroller before leaving the park, then transfer and carry.

I agree with just bring the one you have. Your child is comfortable with it and should be able to sleep which is very important. You know how it works and you will have extra room for other "stuff" Spend the money on something fun.

As far as I know, Disney doesn't rent strollers that you can take to your resort. Strollers are only available for rent in the park, and as others have said they cannot leave the parks. If you are bringing a stroller, I'd personally just use yours even though it's a double. You'll just have a little extra space for storage. One of the places you need a stroller most is getting to the boat launch or bus stop from the park, and renting a Disney stroller can't help you there. Your child would have to walk. Between the Disney stroller costing more money AND being less comfortable AND not offering a ride to your child outside the park gates, I would take yours.

As far as I know, Disney doesn't rent strollers that you can take to your resort. Strollers are only available for rent in the park, and as others have said they cannot leave the parks. If you are bringing a stroller, I'd personally just use yours even though it's a double. You'll just have a little extra space for storage. One of the places you need a stroller most is getting to the boat launch or bus stop from the park, and renting a Disney stroller can't help you there. Your child would have to walk. Between the Disney stroller costing more money AND being less comfortable AND not offering a ride to your child outside the park gates, I would take yours.
Once again, I know I can't take the Disney strollers to the boat. I am tossing up weather to rent a Disney one OR one from Kingdom Strollers.

I guess I could just take the double, it just seems so silly to take the larger stroller for one kid, but I guess it's only for a few hours.
I was more thinking also that at least the sitter could use it back at the resort if she couldn't get the baby to settle, but if we take it then she won't have anything to be able to leave the room with.

Since it is only a few hours, and it sounds like you would rather not use your double, it would be easy to use Disney's. Maybe you can bring something extra for padding and warmth since it could be cool when the sun goes down, like a small crib sized fleece blanket. If she is warm and has a soft place for her head she will most likely sleep when she gets tired.

On a busy day, I wouldn't count on getting a stroller late in the day. Something to think about.

We bought a really nice umbrella stroller, McClaren volo mesh. We used it every year till my son was 7 it was a backpack stroller and drink holder the last few years. It was nice cause i could carry it up stairs as needed, you can use it for the baby later.
I bought it used for 50 but they retail for 150.
I loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter