Renting a Pickup from Avis

Grumpy_Dad

Mouseketeer
Has anyone rented a pick up truck from Avis at MCO or anywhere else?

I was wondering what the options were for securing the items in the bed? Are there tie down loops, stake pockets, a bed cover...?

Currently the full size pickup is the best option price wise for a family of five with five (at least) suitcases. I have owned trucks in the past so have no problem driving one or securing the cargo, but the website does not give any indication as to what the bed options are and I would hate to lose a bag or two on the highway.

I can't speak to Avis but I rented a couple trucks for some work projects and nothing was included, you need to bring your own. Might get lucky but I wouldn't bank on it.

Has anyone rented a pick up truck from Avis at MCO or anywhere else?

I was wondering what the options were for securing the items in the bed? Are there tie down loops, stake pockets, a bed cover...?

Currently the full size pickup is the best option price wise for a family of five with five (at least) suitcases. I have owned trucks in the past so have no problem driving one or securing the cargo, but the website does not give any indication as to what the bed options are and I would hate to lose a bag or two on the highway.
Avis/Budget (Same company) pick ups at MCO do not have anything. Be careful if you plan on packing luggage in the bed because it rains everyday and this time of year, the rain lasts for hours (yet lighter), not minutes (downpours) like in July.

I doubt any rental company would provide loose attachment devices that would likely disappear when someone rents the vehicle. Seating 5 in a pickup truck could be a challenge unless it has an extended cab. An SUV would probably be a better choice.

I can't speak to Avis but I rented a couple trucks for some work projects and nothing was included, you need to bring your own. Might get lucky but I wouldn't bank on it.

thanks I suppose I could pack some a tarp and some cord/bungees but it might not be worth it, I might have to reevaluate the plan.

Got a smoking deal on a pickup rental from Alamo at CCC with drop-off at MCO. Made all the inquiries ahead and no bed cover, so we just prepared to use the middle seat area to stack luggage.

Got there and I forget the circumstances but they slotted us into a Tahoe for the same price so never did get the truck experience. One interesting thing is that part of the rate savings (taxes & fees all in) is you save a ~$4/day rental car tax or whatever on a pickup truck versus a passenger vehicle. Found out because when we returned the Tahoe, it charged a higher rate than what we had a written agreement on for the pickup. They actually credited the price and honored the pickup rate anyway!

If the price is right, a crew cab full-size pickup does have a ton of room inside, just don’t plan on using the bed for suitcases unless you’re packing your own tie-downs and weather protection.

Got a smoking deal on a pickup rental from Alamo at CCC with drop-off at MCO. Made all the inquiries ahead and no bed cover, so we just prepared to use the middle seat area to stack luggage.

Got there and I forget the circumstances but they slotted us into a Tahoe for the same price so never did get the truck experience. One interesting thing is that part of the rate savings (taxes & fees all in) is you save a ~$4/day rental car tax or whatever on a pickup truck versus a passenger vehicle. Found out because when we returned the Tahoe, it charged a higher rate than what we had a written agreement on for the pickup. They actually credited the price and honored the pickup rate anyway!

If the price is right, a crew cab full-size pickup does have a ton of room inside, just don’t plan on using the bed for suitcases unless you’re packing your own tie-downs and weather protection.
Thanks I think I am going to go with an suv or mini van because we do have 5 people plus luggage, but the truck was a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter