Rental car price raised and not notified

No just the agent.
I had used autoslash.com to get the rate.
Ok thanks. I just called again and was told that the higher ups know about this issue and they have informed all of their rental locations to honor the original price. The agent gave me her name and ID number and told them to have them call her if there is an issue. She told me to present the email with the original price at the counter. Hoping this is true!

Ok thanks. I just called again and was told that the higher ups know about this issue and they have informed all of their rental locations to honor the original price. The agent gave me her name and ID number and told them to have them call her if there is an issue. She told me to present the email with the original price at the counter. Hoping this is true!
Right!! Just seeing what they can get away with, I wonder how many people just pay it.

Reactions: cm8
We have two trips coming up and have already secured our rentals….or so we thought. My husband loves to keep checking on our plans and when he checked our Hertz rental for an August trip yesterday he discovered the rate had increased by more than 300 dollars! I didn’t think they could raise your price once you secured a reservation. We tried calling and the recorded message also says they will charge a five percent charge to talk about the reservation!! Has this happened to anyone else?!?
I booked with Hertz using the Mousesavers Code with a rate of $460 for 10 days. The next day, after I saw another post about Hertz increasing their rates, I checked my reservation on the app and it went up to $934! That's absolutely absurd! I would have never known, if I hadn't read that post. Hoping to get this resolved!

That’s nuts. Just imagine the problems at the counter when these dates arrive. Hope they fix the whole issue.

OH boy... I'm checking now for our August trip, we used the mousesavers code as well. Looked at Dollar this morning, they were a little higher, but wanted to skip the counter, that's awful!! they basically are taking advantage of people!

yup when they added insurance to my booking without my consent they told me the rates are all variable and can be changed anytime.. its really sucks

I have another booking for like 270 for a week with corporate code I doubt it will stay that low but who knows

Last edited:
Wowza, what a nightmare! I use to work for Hertz a few years ago and I can tell you this was NOT their normal practice back then. I haven't rented from Hertz in a long time, we usually book through Costco and almost always end up with Avis or Alamo.

Hertz usually is one of the more expensive ones so I really hope they get it worked out for everyone.

Thank you for this number! We just called and they said they are aware of problems and they are fixing them. Here’s hoping we all get our original prices honored at check-in!
I called this number and had no success! Asked to speak to a supervisor and agent said none were available. The agent said the rate increased (the day after I booked) due to unavailability of vehicles-I told him my reservation wasn"t until March 2022-9 months from now! He said to keep checking and the rate might come down.

I called this number and had no success! Asked to speak to a supervisor and agent said none were available. The agent said the rate increased (the day after I booked) due to unavailability of vehicles-I told him my reservation wasn"t until March 2022-9 months from now! He said to keep checking and the rate might come down.
To be honest I spoke with customer support for 2 hours and all they could tell me was "sorry the rate increased" and they wonder why they went bankrupt..

My minivan Hertz rental utilizing my corporate rate for November is still at $405 for 8 days. I have quite a few work related with no change and have had no issue with the 10+ since beginning of year.

Wow! I've never had a rate go up on a reservation that I have made. I have cancelled and rebooked multiple times when the price would drop in the past.
Interesting to see if they have fine print saying they can increase the price for current reservation.

I just checked mine for December and it is still the same. However my friend's rate went up and she
is going the same time as us but arriving the day before. She called and was told it was due to
unavailability of cars. Really 6 months from now you will have none?

I hope this isn't one of those companies hiding behind the Pandemic to use unscrupulous business
practices. This happened to some people going to Hawaii also.

I agree about the unscrupulous business practices! Looking at Dollar now or Alamo. Dollar has a pay now rate of $800, which is $200 lower than Alamo, I believe though there is a $50 charge if you have to cancel the pay now price. I'm almost tempted to do the Dollar pay now, prices haven't budged in months, I can't see them changing by August 8th, lol! I just want to make sure if I do the pay now with Dollar I can still go directly to the garage, I don't see why not, but then again look what happened with my Hertz rental!

I agree about the unscrupulous business practices! Looking at Dollar now or Alamo. Dollar has a pay now rate of $800, which is $200 lower than Alamo, I believe though there is a $50 charge if you have to cancel the pay now price. I'm almost tempted to do the Dollar pay now, prices haven't budged in months, I can't see them changing by August 8th, lol! I just want to make sure if I do the pay now with Dollar I can still go directly to the garage, I don't see why not, but then again look what happened with my Hertz rental!
Just a note on rental rates. I’ve been monitoring a week-long rental that starts 7/5 (next Monday), checking both Alamo (using my Alamo Insider account) and Costco once a week or so to see if the rate has changed. The rental rates had been going up or holding steady for my dates, until today. I finally saw a lower rate (with Alamo through Costco), so I booked it and then cancelled my other Alamo/Costco reservation. Linking the reservation to my Alamo Insiders account allows me to bypass the counter/kiosk and go directly to the garage/aisle. So, you may not see any change over the next month, but do check the week prior to your dates in case there is a late change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter