removing glasses during rides

Darlington101

Earning My Ears
What rides do you take your glasses off for fear of losing them (i.e. Hulk)? If any what do you do with them if you can't take a bag on the ride? I am blind so I would need to where my glasses up to the last minute to be able to see to clip the seatbelt.

Most wear them in rides

Keep your head down(chin near chest) and they won't fall off

Or buy croakies to use on the glasses stems

Honestly, I just buy glasses straps and wear them. It's not particularly attractive, but I'm like you with my vision. I'd rather put the strap on, and have fun with full vision.

Most places that sell glasses sell the straps.

I use a glasses lanyard that attaches to the frame sides of my glasses, and can be pulled tight when needed. This gave me an extra sense of security and I never had an issue with glasses security - and yes, I did ride Hulk using the lanyard.

A lot depends on design; my frames go down behind my ears and some frames do not but the lanyard will work in any situation. Lanyards are readily available numerous places; I got mine from Amazon.

My husband and son never take their glasses off for any ride including the big coasters........they never came off.

They didn't use croaky style things either........

As long as the glasses fit well, they will stay on. The g-forces on a ride are not enough to do harm. If anything, they are pressed back on your face with the wind on a coaster. Even the act of going upside down leaves little time for negative G's.

I've worn mine on all the coasters at Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and Disney without any issue. There was a lady sitting in front of me on Cheetah Run (Busch Gardens) last time that had her glasses dangling at her chest on those glasses holders and they flew off on one of the small hills. I don't like wearing mine but sometimes bring them into the park if I'm going to a movie. I wear them until I'm past the cast members then take them off, fold them, and hold them in my hand for the ride then put them back on at the end while waiting to get off.

I no longer take mine off on rides.

Many years ago, I used to take them off and put them in my pocket. They broke in my pocket once and I was left wearing my sunglasses for a week because my prescription is not doable in 1-hr labs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter