Remember the FD resort upgrades last year???

Last year Disney offered upgrades from value to deluxe(OKW/SSR) for the free dining dates. Anyone think there is a chance of them doing this again? I think it was the 2nd time they did it. here is a copy of the email from last year:

Surprise, ********* Family!

We're offering you a FREE upgrade from the Disney Value Resort you booked for your upcoming stay (between 8/21/09 and 10/3/09) to a studio room at: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Where Victorian architecture winds through enchanting parks, waterways and golf course views. OR Disney's Old Key West Resort
Where the charm of a 1900s Key West-style resort meets the creature comforts of home. Upgrade and you'll be getting more of everything at no additional charge, including more space for your family and more in-room amenities. Plus, you'll be even closer to some amazing Disney golf and delicious Disney Dining! All just moments away from the Theme Parks.

To get your FREE upgrade, all you have to do is call. But hurry... the number of rooms available with this offer is limited! Payment of original reservations balance required. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable. Additional amounts will be due for any increase in length of stay or stays beyond 10/3/09. To get your FREE upgrade, call
407-939-7943

by 8/1/09

So wouldn't it be great if they did it again? :wizard:Just thinking out loud here;)
I am happy just going to the World:lovestruc

I am soooo hoping that they do this again this year. After two of my friends received the coveted e-mail :cloud9: I called WDW and asked (out of pure curiosity) how it was determined who received the offer. I was told it was some top secret marketing department program :cool2:. The CM I spoke to was very nice and we chatted for ~ 15 minutes. I told him that I was going to WDW for my birthday and thought it would be great if my friend and I were lucky enough to get the upgrade offer :rolleyes:. He put me on hold and then asked if there was any way we could change our travel dates. Unfortunately we couldn't. He told me if we could, he could give us a free upgrade to Saratoga Springs :wizard:. Sooooo close :scared1:. He promised to make a note in "my file". I'm crossing my fingers for our trip in September, but if nothing else, I hope some DISers get the offer :woohoo:.

We were fortunate enough to get the upgrade in 07, my parents travel with us and we were both upgraded from All Star Movies to SSR. Last year my husband, kids and I were booked at POFQ and my parents at Pop Century and they got the free upgrade email to SSR Or OKW. Since we were traveling together the CM worked some magic and got the upgrade for us as well. So I doubt we will get it this year but you can always hope.

Disney is doing a good job at marketing by doing this as my husband and myself if we can figure out the finances are seriously considering buying into the vacation club based on our stays at SSR.

I was told it is basically a lottery of who gets picked for it. We have gone every year with our kids since 06 in 06 we went mid August but we have gone over Labor Day weekend every year since 07.

Last year Disney offered upgrades from value to deluxe(OKW/SSR) for the free dining dates. Anyone think there is a chance of them doing this again? I think it was the 2nd time they did it. here is a copy of the email from last year:

Surprise, ********* Family!

We're offering you a FREE upgrade from the Disney Value Resort you booked for your upcoming stay (between 8/21/09 and 10/3/09) to a studio room at: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Where Victorian architecture winds through enchanting parks, waterways and golf course views. OR Disney's Old Key West Resort
Where the charm of a 1900s Key West-style resort meets the creature comforts of home. Upgrade and you'll be getting more of everything at no additional charge, including more space for your family and more in-room amenities. Plus, you'll be even closer to some amazing Disney golf and delicious Disney Dining! All just moments away from the Theme Parks.

To get your FREE upgrade, all you have to do is call. But hurry... the number of rooms available with this offer is limited! Payment of original reservations balance required. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable. Additional amounts will be due for any increase in length of stay or stays beyond 10/3/09. To get your FREE upgrade, call
407-939-7943

by 8/1/09

So wouldn't it be great if they did it again? :wizard:Just thinking out loud here;)
I am happy just going to the World:lovestruc

Don't count on it.

I just booked a room yesterday for FD for some friends for Labor Day weekend. They had "plenty" of rooms per the CM.

I was surprised and figured I would have to do an All Star room for them - but they even had plenty of rooms at the POP - which I thought usually filled up? As stressed as we were when the discount came out - I was surprised that I had no trouble getting a room for them.

So...I am betting there won't be so many in the rooms that they would have to send them out. - unless they are just overbooking and planning on sending some of the FD people to DVC properties no matter what?

I was one of the very, very fortunate people that got a 1 BR villa last year and it was :cloud9: so I hope it does happen to some more people this year!

I really don't think that will happen this time. If it happens I think it will happen more at the moderates.

I think WDW solved the value resort problem by only offering quick service dining at values.

If anything I think more people will book moderates for FD this time.

yeah, I think that if anyone gets the upgrade this year, it will be poeple that are book at the mods...CSR especially because only water view rooms are available during my time of travel.

Went during the last block of FD in Oct last year with my two cousins. We were booked for 3 nights at POFQ. We did the online check in 3 days prior to arrival and when we got to the resort the CM said "I'm sorry to inform you but you have been upgraded to the Yacht and Beach Club". I wont lie I had a tear in my eye. All my years of going to wdw and staying on property I never had the chance to stay at a deluxe. A moderate is a splurge for my family. We arrived at YC and were then upgraded again from a standard view to a deluxe water view! The view was breathtaking. Now I have been spoiled by deluxe and keep trying to convince the family it's well worth it.

Just read on a different thread that the first week of free dining is sold out at the values (the dates were 8/14-8/21). I know this overlaps free dining, but I guess we'll just see what happens

Cool. We are booked starting 8/15/10. We had the upgrade from Music to SSR in 07. I think I would only take the upgrade if I could get OKW. My DD & Dniece hated the pullout at SSR. We would want 2 real beds. I'm sure we won't be picked anyway - so it won't matter. LOL!!

Cool. We are booked starting 8/15/10. We had the upgrade from Music to SSR in 07. I think I would only take the upgrade if I could get OKW. My DD & Dniece hated the pullout at SSR. We would want 2 real beds. I'm sure we won't be picked anyway - so it won't matter. LOL!!

I'll only upgrade for a 1 bedroom suite. A regular room isn't worth it to me. The suites are very nice, though, eve if the other bed is a pull-out. Although we liked SSR last time, this time we would go for OKW. When we drove by OKW on our way to SSR for our last trip, I told the kids as we were passing that that resort was our other option when we were choosing upgrades. They all seemed to think that I chose wrong and wished that we had stayed at OKW. We'll see how it goes this time. :)

No way would I want to stay at SSR even for a free upgrade. OKW has interested me a bit though.

If they upgrade me to POFQ now that would make me dance in the streets.:cheer2:

Not gonna happen. Luckily I like, no LOVE, Sports.

I hope you all get what you want though. I will wave as I drive by.

Slightly Goofy

If you've upgraded your dining plan to the deluxe from the regular, you will NOT get an upgrade, even if it is offered. On top of that, if you have the regular dining plan and do get an upgrade, you will also NOT be allowed to upgrade your dining after the fact. I learned that the hard way last year, and had to cancel half my dining reservations while at the resort. :(

If you've upgraded your dining plan to the deluxe from the regular, you will NOT get an upgrade, even if it is offered. On top of that, if you have the regular dining plan and do get an upgrade, you will also NOT be allowed to upgrade your dining after the fact. I learned that the hard way last year, and had to cancel half my dining reservations while at the resort. :(

It is the finally hot here..so my brain is kinda melting, so please forgive me. I am not quite understanding what you are saying. If you upgraded your ddp you are not eligible for an upgrade to a different resort during this fd promo?

I had to call WDW yesterday with another question, and since I got a really nice, talkative CM on the phone, I thought I'd ask if he thought there was the possibility of upgrades happening this fall during free dining.

He was very sweet about it, but he told me that WDW has NEVER given out upgrades and NEVER will. He said that they only book as many rooms in a given category as there are rooms, and that then, they are just not available....that they would NEVER upgrade someone to open up more rooms.

I almost had to giggle because he was being polite but was so firm about how it has never been done and never would be done, but yet, I'm reading about a number of you who have received these offers.

I had to call WDW yesterday with another question, and since I got a really nice, talkative CM on the phone, I thought I'd ask if he thought there was the possibility of upgrades happening this fall during free dining.

He was very sweet about it, but he told me that WDW has NEVER given out upgrades and NEVER will. He said that they only book as many rooms in a given category as there are rooms, and that then, they are just not available....that they would NEVER upgrade someone to open up more rooms.

I almost had to giggle because he was being polite but was so firm about how it has never been done and never would be done, but yet, I'm reading about a number of you who have received these offers.

:rolleyes:
We got the upgrade last year, from ASMu to SSR (1 bedroom), and it was wonderful!! :cloud9: And knowing that we were paying value prices for it made it all the better!! :cheer2:

No way would I want to stay at SSR even for a free upgrade. OKW has interested me a bit though.

If they upgrade me to POFQ now that would make me dance in the streets.:cheer2:

Not gonna happen. Luckily I like, no LOVE, Sports.

I hope you all get what you want though. I will wave as I drive by.

Slightly Goofy

I hope everyone gets what they want too! I'm with you though. We are staying at CSR and to be honest SSR does not hold any appeal to us at all. They look too much like the average apartment complex here to me. I would feel too much like I am back home haha.

It is the finally hot here..so my brain is kinda melting, so please forgive me. I am not quite understanding what you are saying. If you upgraded your ddp you are not eligible for an upgrade to a different resort during this fd promo?

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. Apparently, there's no "code" to upgrade someone who has already upgraded their package.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. Apparently, there's no "code" to upgrade someone who has already upgraded their package.

Ok, I see then. So...I won't hope for an upgrade to a different resort since I upgraded the ddp from quick service to regular. I think I am happiest staying where we are anyway since I have not stayed there yet.

Well how about if you haven't upgraded your dinning and want to. Meaning you get an email to upgrade the resort, then you want to upgrade the DP after that...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter