Refurb at Contemporary?

That explains it. Thanks. I once stayed in a garden wing room and loved it. It was sleek and modern and beautiful!

My room I just stayed in looked super dated... but also didn't look like any pictures I recognized on the website?

Nvm.. just looked it up. Without the yellow throw pillows and the bed runner, it just looked really basic. Wild what a difference those small details make.
They are pretty dated compared to other new rooms on property, but this resort has a hard time with this since contemporary design can easily look aged. Our room at Christmas was just super run down, made me kinda upset I paid what I did for a theme park view room to have that quality room (even at a pretty big discount). Of course I get home and they announce they are doing refurbs on those rooms, my husband said they must have the room bugged because I mentioned not wanting to stay there again until it has a big refurb on more than one occasion lol

They are pretty dated compared to other new rooms on property, but this resort has a hard time with this since contemporary design can easily look aged. Our room at Christmas was just super run down, made me kinda upset I paid what I did for a theme park view room to have that quality room (even at a pretty big discount). Of course I get home and they announce they are doing refurbs on those rooms, my husband said they must have the room bugged because I mentioned not wanting to stay there again until it has a big refurb on more than one occasion lol

If the rooms look as good as I hope they are going to, Contemporary might be on our list to try one day.

My personal opinion from pictures- Grand Floridian rooms need a complete overhaul. I think they look dull, joyless and certainly not worth the price tag. Same with Boardwalk - so dated, they look like a grandma's living room. Not that anything is wrong with a grandma's living room, but I don't want to pay over $500 a night to stay in it.

I think the Yacht Club new rooms look fantastic!

Remember, my opinion only! :D

If the rooms look as good as I hope they are going to, Contemporary might be on our list to try one day.

My personal opinion from pictures- Grand Floridian rooms need a complete overhaul. I think they look dull, joyless and certainly not worth the price tag. Same with Boardwalk - so dated, they look like a grandma's living room. Not that anything is wrong with a grandma's living room, but I don't want to pay over $500 a night to stay in it.

I think the Yacht Club new rooms look fantastic!

Remember, my opinion only! :D
I've stayed at GF numerous times over the last few years and I didn't feel that were anywhere near as bad at CR, they are starting to show wear though and will definintely need an update soon. Boardwalk 100% needs an update, I stayed in one of the garden cottage rooms last January (2020) and while the bathrooms were still nice the rest of the place was really dated. Also probably the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on, I would have done well to just take a blanket to the couch instead of sleeping on what I referred to as the plywood mattress. I am about to stay at YC for the 3rd time since reopening, and I think my 5th stay since the last refurb, and I do like the rooms a lot (not my favorite on property, that honor goes to Riviera, but they are nice).

I had a reservation for December 4 - 11 at the Garden Wing this coming december. I just got an email from my TA that we were upgraded to main tower Theme park view rooms, so I’m guessing the garden wing will be undergoing refurb that week.
Yeah, the current timetable from April-September is for the tower, so my guess is that once tower is done they would be moving to garden wing.

It’s good to hear the screenshot I posted is old. My first trip to the Contemporary was 2014, so I didn’t recognize it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter