Refund on cancelled reservation

Have not seen them offering anything like Disney did, but they dont charge what Disney does IMO.
Personally Id take the refund and see what offers come out later.
Reading the report on Disney stock last week they estimate it will take two years for the attendance to recover - so they will need to make some deals to get people back.
Universal probably won't be as desperate but there will probably be specials
What did Disney offer? We are scheduled for Disney right after our May trip to Universal

I had a reservation for 2 rooms at Royal Pacific for May 9-11, and got the email today that they've cancelled my reservation. I haven't received my refund yet, but I expect I'll lose a good chunk of money in the process (Canadian, so I'll lose on the garbage exchange rate, and possibly credit card conversion fees). I probably should have tried harder to reschedule instead of waiting for it to cancel, but for whatever reason I couldn't do anything to my reservation online and really didn't want to sit on hold. Guess we'll see.

I had a reservation for 2 rooms at Royal Pacific for May 9-11, and got the email today that they've cancelled my reservation. I haven't received my refund yet, but I expect I'll lose a good chunk of money in the process (Canadian, so I'll lose on the garbage exchange rate, and possibly credit card conversion fees). I probably should have tried harder to reschedule instead of waiting for it to cancel, but for whatever reason I couldn't do anything to my reservation online and really didn't want to sit on hold. Guess we'll see.
When I called to change my reservation I fully expected to be put on hold for a long time. I was talking to a customer service rep in less than 30 seconds. We had three reservations for three different Universal hotels. They had us changed in less than 5 minutes. The call could not have went any smoother. I give huge props to the reps who through no fault of their own have to deal with angry/disappointed customers all day. They were very pleasant so I made sure to be nice in return.

That's nice to hear that you didn't wait long for customer service. Hopefully, that means Universal is being savvy and switching some of their unemployed staff to help deal with the increased customer service requests.

Has anyone received their refund yet? I I’ve been waiting for two weeks now.
When I called last week to cancel one of my visits, the customer rep told me it could take 4-6 weeks for them to refund the deposit. They are double checking all of the deposits by hand to make sure there are no mistakes made. With limited workforce, this is taking longer than normal.

I cancelled my May 6-9 reservation at Aventura on April 9th and received my deposit back on April 14th. I don’t remember if this was before or after they announced the closure extension, and I put the deposit on my debit card and not a credit card so I’m not sure if that has any effect on the speed of refund or not.

They cancelled my reservation (2 rooms with 2 separate deposits) on April 21, and the refund went through today. I thought I might lose some money in the process, with the exchange rate/foreign transaction fees, but turns out I actually MADE $0.31! I'll put that right back in to the vacation fund :rotfl2:

I finally called them after waiting 3 weeks, they made me fill out a refund request form... did anyone else have to do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter