Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I don't care about that. I care about the ambiance of The Fort. The quiet neighborhood. The little boats. The nature. Putting a massive resort next door is what has me concerned. I'm not making ultimatums or frothing at the mouth. In the end, this may not be a big deal. But during construction? Not going. After its all built I'll evaluate if going to WDW is still worth it to me and my family. A lot will change in those 3 years. The value proposition for me and my family may change. Or maybe not.

At this point Disney may end up with a Tolkien Middle Earth re-themed resort. Depending on how 'busy' this construction could become next to Settlement area I'm going to just pretend The Fort is the new 'Shadow of Mordor' resort

Yikes, the rendering looks awful modern for a "nature inspired resort". Besides the porte cochere it looks like a generic Hyatt Place hotel.

One interesting tidbit: "some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible."

Yikes, the rendering looks awful modern for a "nature inspired resort". Besides the porte cochere it looks like a generic Hyatt Place hotel.

One interesting tidbit: "some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible."

Have Disney just given up on themed resorts!?

First it was the boring white bed linen, then the relatively boring looking CSR tower, then Riviera also a boring themeless looking hotel, and now this.

I've no idea why people would pay the Disney premium to stay in any of these resorts.

Space is the biggest issue as well as Disneyland being a locals park. No need for 20 DVC resorts there.

It’s not just space it’s also zoning for timeshare units.

Not sure about the zoning issue, but it may be a tax break issue. taxes are what stopped the latest hotel at Disneyland.
As far as space is concerned, they have plenty of space where the offsite parking is located.

I hope the pool pays homage to River Country in some way.
The Easter eggs to previous attractions are my favorite things to look for. I made sure I sought out the alleged earful tower reference on slinky dog.

I feel like I kind of like this idea but I need more to be sold on this. Is it a deluxe resort?

Not a fan of the concept art but it’s hard to judge since we have minimal details. Excited to hear about the pool and it’s amenities.

What in the world is 'nature' themed anyways? I'm all for new and exciting resorts, but I feel like 'nature' theme is already so close to what FW and WL are? I mean I'm glad they're not doing something crazy that wouldn't fit in with the environment, but I'm curious how this is going to be themed that differently from the other two resorts next to it.

Is it a deluxe resort?

Insiders have repeatedly said they are doing away with the value, moderate, and deluxe categories in the near future. Will just be "MK area", "Epcot Area" etc. Makes sense with things like Skyliner blurring the lines at Pop/AoA/CBR and the new amenities at Coronado.

What in the world is 'nature' themed anyways? I'm all for new and exciting resorts, but I feel like 'nature' theme is already so close to what FW and WL are? I mean I'm glad they're not doing something crazy that wouldn't fit in with the environment, but I'm curious how this is going to be themed that differently from the other two resorts next to it.

Maybe something like Villages Nature Paris?

The concept art looks underwhelming to me... but the demand must be there for these and im sure the hotels make more than the parks... but disney needs to be careful. The parks are the reason they can set these prices so high for a glorified timeshare. Once epcot is fixed up i want to see a 5th gate!

I suppose I am in the minority but I actually kinda like the concept art - especially the different heights to the sections and the angled roofs, and the wooded slats on the underside of the welcome coverings

it all gives me an "Urban Tree House" vibe - and I am usually one to pooh pooh these designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter