refillable mugs

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
on a site I read it said the Trails end refill mugs were for soft drinks only ,..true or false? Thanks

Refillable mugs are for soft drinks and hot beverages like coffee and tea (and I think maybe hot cocoa) at Trails End, hot beverages only at the Meadows.:D

Last summer at the meadows, the sign said mugs were for coffee and tea only, no hot chocolate. DD was really disappointed, she had bought a mug specifically for hot chocolate, which we had been able to get before for the mugs.

I got coffee and soft drinks at Trails End, however, the hostess is the one to get soft drinks, and at times she was just to busy to wait on us. It wasn't good, and we won't buy them at FW any more.

I'm sure this is a big "NO" but do any of the parks have the same program? My husband would make out on coffee alone and I am not planning on taking a coffee maker (too much like cooking!) although I guess I could and hubby could make it (lol)

We use our refillable mugs all the time, and will use them again in a couple of weeks... you can go to trails end anytime and get, soda, tea, or coffee.....

at the meadow trading post only coffee... that was disappointing... however we do get our moneys worth out of the cups in just cokes at trails end...

One of our favorite things to do is get our mugs refilled with pink lemonade from Trails End, then sit out on the rocking chairs on the front porch and watch the people go by! It's a very relaxing way to spend an evening before or after dinner! :)

I second that...we never feel we are really at disney till then!( I know it sounds sappy but it's true)

We don't really care for fountain "Coke" (in the south everything is coke) and when you are camping it is just so easy to have your favorite beverage on ice. If we are going to be at the pool or away from camp for a while we keep a small cooler on the golf cart or back of my bike. We do have them for other resorts but at FW we just bring our own.

that's a good idea for the soda er,,, "Coke" ( actually I'm from the north and call it all coke too!wouldn't Coca cola be proud!:) I was thinking mainly about my coffee addict husbands morning and evening cups since he likes to relax on the Trail's End porch with a cup but don't know if it would be worth it or not , maybe just for him

(if I could just learn to spell I wouldn't have to edit every other post!)

We make our own coffee too. I need it first thing when I get up. In fact I would not pass off what they make as coffee. It taste like instant. I am no conusor by any means but I like coffee to have a rich flavor. We have an unbreakable Stainless steel thermos that we take with us on the road, mostly for the drive but we have used it for coffee or hot chocolate on the cool winter nights at the campfire. We also like the flavored creams and its nice to have it just the way you like.

We do have friends that love to walk over to the Meadow's Trading post for their morning brew and another set that actually prefers instant coffee and hot water out of the tap. Yuck!! They even camp in a big class "A" and could easily brew a pot.

Does anyone know if they have changed the mug logo to the new FW logo?

We know its time to go back to Disney when our cups are getting faded from the dishwasher and the lids are broken. So, regardless of the on-site value, they have been our favorite souvees :D

We do have one very well used cup from Chef Mickey circa1995 (not a resort refiller) LOL. Moms and dads will appreciate this - the white snap on sippy cup lids (not the ones with valves) fit the Mickey cup :Pinkbounc

We do the Mugs at the resorts, but didn't bother at FW - due to the proximity of refills.... plus at FW we had our own fridge stocked with beverages.

We bought them back in June because we liked getting hot chocolate each night; however, when we went the first evening to get cocoa they advised us that was no longer allowed with the refillable mugs. I spoke with a manager and got my money back. I had cold drinks and coffee at the motorhome, so the cocoa was the only reason we wanted them. Not worth getting now IMHO.

wondering if I can use the same mug I used in 03 again in 04 of January...
also noteworthy...we were able to refill at Wilderness Lodge..
the castmember said they they would refill but Ft Wilderness would not honor Wilderness mugs....so there ya go....
talking about mugs...I betta get a life...but not before I read my new Hidden Mickey book.............
see ya down the road........SPINNER.....
ARRINGING Jan l, 2004

Got back 2 days ago and Wilderness Lodge mugs were being refilled at Ft Wilderness. Don't know if it depends on which castmember is working the fountain or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter