Refillable mugs while on dining plan?

anneofgreengables

Mouseketeer
Just discovered refillable mugs at the Resorts forum. Wondering if it's practical to purchase these when on the dining plan, which already provides beverages. We were thinking of using our snacks for breakfast, to save our CS and TS credits for lunch and dinner. I'm thinking the refillable mugs will cover our breakfast beverage, while the dining plan snack credit will cover the fruit, muffin, whatever. Has anyone done this?

In May when we used CS at the resort we got bottled water to drink later at the parks, then used our refillable mugs to get a coke to drink with our CS meal. We also used them for hot chocolate or coffee every morning (as well as every night when we came back from the parks).

Fruit and muffins count as a snack, so I don't see any reason why you couldn't get something like that for breakfast then use your mug. FYI-you can also get an entire box of Entimenns donuts for a snack credit. I think they had like eight donuts in the box.

If you're staying at a moderate or deluxe hotel, your room has a refrigerator. I'd spend the money filling that with soft drinks. You'll probably get more for your money, and it'll be more convenient.

We buy the mugs each time and use them for breakfast each morning as well as when we come back to go swimming and in the evening.. So we defanitely get our use out of them!

We stayed at the WL and used them for morning beverages for us and an afternoon drink when we crashed back at the hotel for a break. We did use some CS credits for breakfast and got bottled water to drink.

I think it depends on how long you are staying to determine if it is a good value or not. For us we were there 7 nights so we did get our moneys worth out of it and it beat standing in line at the Roaring Forks (one of the worlds slowest "fast food" places.).

Bicker has a good point. For us we didn't have a means to go off site to purchase anything and getting groceries delivered would have eliminated any savings if it was just for drinks. The other thing to consider is where you are staying. The fridges at the WL were the small cube sized ones. You really couldn't fit much in there.

anneofgreengables said:
Just discovered refillable mugs at the Resorts forum. Wondering if it's practical to purchase these when on the dining plan, which already provides beverages. We were thinking of using our snacks for breakfast, to save our CS and TS credits for lunch and dinner. I'm thinking the refillable mugs will cover our breakfast beverage, while the dining plan snack credit will cover the fruit, muffin, whatever. Has anyone done this?

We did use the refillable mugs while on the dining plan. When we ate at our resort, we got water as our meal beverage and took it to the parks with us later.

If your staying several days then the mugs are still a good deal. We would get coffee, hotchocolate, ice tea in the AM for breakfast and get bottle juice or water to take with us to the parks. We always come back for a swim break in the afternoon and usually fill the mugs several times. When we get back at the end of the evening we fill them again. When you figure drinks are in the $2 range each it quickly adds up. Our kids especially like them they don't have to ask for $ to get a soda they can just go fill up their mug.
Plus you have the mug when you get home for a nice reminder when you have your coffee.

Bev

Unfortunately we won't have a refrigerator as we are staying at the All-Star Movies. We are staying seven nights, so the refillable mugs seem like a money saver. Since we are allotting our snack credits for breakfast (to buy fruit or donuts or muffins), we can use our refillable mugs for the beverage to go with them (coffee, hot chocolate). And I like the idea of filling them up with cold drinks when coming back to the hotel for a break/swim. I was just wondering if we needed them since we already had the dining plan, but it looks like it will work to go along with the snack credits.

Although we'll have free dining, I'll still purchase mugs since I always like having them as souvenirs :goodvibes One way or the other we usually get our money's worth :thumbsup2

also will be visiting with free dining. we will be purchasing the mug for DH's coffee each morning and for DS to enjoy a soda/slushy by the pool in the afternoon/evening. will work out to be worth the money and won't "drain" our snack credits.

Loriandmatt said the magic word....SLUSHY!!!
We use them in the morning for our "go juice" (my wife and I are useless before the first cup of coffee) which we take to thte park...

Then in the heat of the mid-afternoon, we take a pool break with the kids and get slushies!

Trust me, worth EVERY penny.

I barely got my money's worth out of them but when you consider the fact that I came home with a souvenier on top of it it was worth it. I filled it 4-6 times each trip (different mugs). I would eat breakfast alone and take my CS beverage (chocolate milk or oj for the kids) back to the room. Leftovers in the cooler or the ice bucket.

HA- had to add a comment to my post above.....i went home and was discussing my day with DH and mentioned about this thread and my contribution to it. DH went quickly over to where we keep the plastic glasses and started taking inventory of our WDW refillable mugs. "Well heck yea we are getting them for this trip. We kind of HAVE to have them from each resort we ever stayed in." He even wants to get them from POR and we are only staying there one night this trip. (could not get 11 nights on the package so we decided to check out a resort we haven't tried yet for that last night of our vaca.) I guess we will be drinking alot that last day to get our money's worth.

and yes, the kids will be ODing on SLUSHIES.

- lori

GEEZ! I didn't get one last year since I didn't think we'd use it...I didn't know you could fill it with slushies...thought it was a pop/coffee kinda thing, and we are water drinkers, especially in the heat. My kids would've went crazy for a slurpee all day.

Now I'm going to have to get one. :sunny:

That's exactly what we did. Used snack credits for breakfast and used our refillable mugs. It worked out very well!

I was actually kinda hesistant about the mugs, but figured they would be a cool souvenir, if nothing else. Well, they turned out to be the best investment of the trip. We used them for breakfast, refilled them a time or two during afternoon breaks and took them with us to the pool, and then refilled them again most nights when we got back to the resort.

ReneeA said:
GEEZ! I didn't get one last year since I didn't think we'd use it...I didn't know you could fill it with slushies...thought it was a pop/coffee kinda thing, and we are water drinkers, especially in the heat. My kids would've went crazy for a slurpee all day.

Now I'm going to have to get one. :sunny:

We drank the heck out of the frozen cokes and frozen blue raspberry drinks at our resort! They were great!

Does anyone take the mugs into the park. I was thinking of filling up to take on bus and into park, also could use for leftover drink at cs meal. Just wondering how cumbersome this would be .We will have a stroller and 2 or 3 backpacks between 5 ofus????

Does anyone have input on Pops slushie machines? I read on a earlier posts. That they are not up and running most times. I will be sad, if they are broken when we are there. Anyone know, or have experience with this. TIA :confused3

Englishrose,
I think that will work out for you just fine. Filling, and taking the mugs in the park, and when. You have CS, pour those leftover drinks if any into the mugs. For someone like me. My son, and I are the only ones going. I will be leaving our mugs in the room. Because, i dont wish to lug a big mug around the park all day. But, if i were you, and had strollers to stash my mugs away. I would do it!! Have a great trip!!

If you have a cup holder on the stroller try to get the mug that will fit in it. I got one at mara but when we went this year i forgot and grabbed the first one I saw which was the big fat one that doesnt fit in anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!