Refillable mugs while on dining plan?

So Mara offers 2 different sized refillable mugs? And do they have slushies at Mara...what flavors? (Sorry, this will be my first onsite stay ever!)

shyjade said:
So Mara offers 2 different sized refillable mugs? And do they have slushies at Mara...what flavors? (Sorry, this will be my first onsite stay ever!)

I don't remember seeing slushies at Mara last summer. They have two different styles of mugs; regular and a car/travel mug. AFAIK they both hold about the same amount of beverage.

yeah what lewis said. Are the fat one better insulated though? We drove back and forth to the parks so we often took our mug with us and finnished up in the car (Leaving it there) and I cursed it every time. No where to put it while driving.

I will get them and have dining too. Every am coffee and hot choc for DD, also I like the idea of getting water if I eat at the resort.

You have to pass the cafe when coming and going, so we all seem to walk in and get a drink. If we are using buses, I learned to leave the mugs in the car and grab them when we get back. Not for laziness, but they are usually closing when we return so we try to get the asap.

We got mugs for our four day trip to POR last year.... while on the DDP.

For this trip, they were not worth it. Mainly because our location at POR. We were in the mansions, and mainly used an outside busstop - we didn't go through the main building.

Would I get them again? Yes, I am sure ... great souvenier!
Catrin

Totally off topic....

What a GREAT idea...to use snack credits for breakfast! Don't know why I didn't think of it as breakfast is expensive and I really don't like it!

Thanks for the WONDERFUL idea...donuts....good....yum....

I have a couple of questions for people who posted here!

Where can we get the 8pk of donuts?--We will be staying at ASMO
Does ASMO have the slushy machines also?
Can we get milk for DD4 in her cup--she doesn't drink much else.
Will MK and the other parks let you enter if you have your cup with you?

Is it a better value to get the mug or to keep a cooler in your room with drinks? Does Disney want you to buy a mug for each member of your family or can families share the mug? Don't flame me! We're used to sharing drinks, and I want to know what will be cheaper. :)

I read here that you arent supposed to share. I didnt even bother to check it out there. I know a mom who got one for each person in her family. I got it for souvenier value only got one. We filled it maybe 6 times 2 dinners and 4 breakfasts and only filled it once with each meal. I didnt mind that it was useful when we did it.

We also had ddp and a cooler of drinks(dr pepper and sprite) in the room. I just wante the cup. I'd go down to breakfast use the cup for ice and drink my dr pepper from the room then grab hubbie his coke in the cup and return to the room for him to get caffeined up.

TBGOES2DISNEY said:
Is it a better value to get the mug or to keep a cooler in your room with drinks? Does Disney want you to buy a mug for each member of your family or can families share the mug? Don't flame me! We're used to sharing drinks, and I want to know what will be cheaper. :)

You are supposed to get a mug for each member of your family. If you have the ability to get drinks off site and keep them in your room I would think that is a better value and provides more choices. We stayed at the WL last year and did get the mugs for each of us. It worked out well primarily because we didn't have any other options. If were able to get soda and juice to keep in the fridge I probably would have used the in room coffee maker and bypassed the mugs primarily for the long walk it was to get them filled in the morning.

But we took the Magical Express and were "trapped" on property. They worked out fine and were a good value for us but we didn't have any other options.

BTW if you stay at a place that allows slushies then the whole equation changes. We used ours just for coffee, hot chocolate and soda.

Before we mostly used the mugs for AM coffee. Now the rooms have coffee makers and that's less important (I think we brought our own ground coffee to use last time). Also the hike to a snack bar can be long.

I fill my mug with a last cup of coffee-like-substance on the way to the Disney Bus. On arrival at the park, I quickly rinse it out. I place a paper towel in the mug and close the lid. I then place the mug in a gallon size zip lock bag and place it in my backpack. It is now ready for left over CS beverages or my nightly drink on the way to the room.

I get a minimum of three coffees and one soft drink a day, so for me it is worth it.

Redwitch said:
I fill my mug with a last cup of coffee-like-substance on the way to the Disney Bus. On arrival at the park, I quickly rinse it out. I place a paper towel in the mug and close the lid. I then place the mug in a gallon size zip lock bag and place it in my backpack. It is now ready for left over CS beverages or my nightly drink on the way to the room.

I get a minimum of three coffees and one soft drink a day, so for me it is worth it.
Thanks to you and all. I like the idea of the ziploc bag and I also had the same idea for leftover lunch drinks and the cup being available when returning at the end of the day. Yes I planned on 1 for each of us

Pedler said:
You are supposed to get a mug for each member of your family.

Now, where does it say this? Personally, if I had a big family, I wouldn't buy one for everyone unless they specifically asked.

Hang on while I don my fire-retardant jammies :rotfl:

I don't believe there is a rule about everyone in your party having to get a refillable mug for any one of them to be able to get one. Rather, I believe the only restriction is that you cannot use your refillable mugs to fill other mugs, just to get around the need to pay for extra mugs.

bicker said:
I don't believe there is a rule about everyone in your party having to get a refillable mug for any one of them to be able to get one. Rather, I believe the only restriction is that you cannot use your refillable mugs to fill other mugs, just to get around the need to pay for extra mugs.

Not that I would do that, but I don't even see a restriction for that. Personally, I don't have a problem sending my 2 kids to the pool with 1 large refillable mug and the two of them sipping off the same mug. (and for the record, I haven't done this. My kids are too greedy to share :rotfl: )

ExPirateShopGirl said:
Not that I would do that, but I don't even see a restriction for that.
Well, I don't see a restriction against filling your Universal Studios souvenir mug either. :) or just drinking directly from the fountains by mouth!
barf.gif

Personally, I don't have a problem sending my 2 kids to the pool with 1 large refillable mug and the two of them sipping off the same mug. (and for the record, I haven't done this. My kids are too greedy to share :rotfl: )
You can consider it a learning experience! :thumbsup2

When eating CS at the resort I get a bottle of milk as my drink and put it on ice back at the room (no fridge, staying at POP). DS uses it for his morning cereal and I use my refillable mug for soda with my CS meal. One bottle of milk will give him at least two bowls of cereal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter