Refillable Mugs in 2000

Emily & Sarah's Mom

Mouseketeer
Did I imagine it or did the refillable mugs used to be able to be refilled at the issuing resort on future visits? I know this is not the policy now, but was it in 2000?

Thank you!

I don't think so. We get such a good value out of the cups that it wouldn't make a huge differece. It pays for itself in six drinks.

When we stayed at the Polynesian in 2000 we were told that the mugs would be good forever, for all future visits. I know this is NOT the case anymore, but we were told that when we purchased them

We were at CBR in 2000 and it was not good forever. At the Poly in 2001 and it was not good forever then either. Doesn't matter anyway. After a few drinks it more then pays for itself. I just buy new mugs each trip.

I still do not get re-fill mugs, please explain. You think it would be simple enough for me to understand, maybe my brain is just fried after a long week of work! :rotfl2:

HELP

Thank you :)

It definately was at POR in 1998. We bought five - one for each of us. We used them in 2000 but had to get a sticker on them - not sure if we paid some more to use them or not. I have been storing them for all this time. I guess now I can toss them and get new ones in Sept. :dumbo: :simba: :figment: :mickeyjum :tigger:

I don't remember the exact date, I think it was in 2001, but the mugs in the rooms at BC that you could purchase from the mini bar had a wrapper on them with a sticker on the wrapper that said "Lifetime refills at the resort purchased".

momandseandodisney said:
I still do not get re-fill mugs, please explain. You think it would be simple enough for me to understand, maybe my brain is just fried after a long week of work! :rotfl2:

HELP

Thank you :)

You buy a mug for roughly $12 at your resort. The policy now is printed on the mugs: "Free unlimited refills from our beverage islands during the stay in which the mug was purchased". This is word for word what it says on my POP mug from 2005.
BUT, the debate is if the mugs of the past were purchased under a different "free lifetime refills at resort". I did purchase mugs when we stayed @ ASSports in 1996. Nothing is written on the mugs and what sold on us the mugs to begin with was the CM telling us "free refills at ASSports for the life of the mug". So IMO...yes they did use to have a different policy regarding how long the mugs were good for. Regardless if you plan on buying alot of drinks at your resort it is definatly worth the money, and no matter how long it is good for it is still a nice souviner!

OP, there is no fast and true answer to your question and it's much debated on here =) Some say that their resort of choice changed the policy to 'this stay only' years before others say their resort of choice did. Disney has never released information outlining which resort mugs changed when and which were allowed back.

At one time, yes, the mugs were sold for people to use for a lifetime. The year that was done is anyones best guess =) If I were you, and thought that mine were sold under that policy, then I would bring them back. Most of the mugs state it now on the mug itself so there is little question but they didn't for a long time. Course, those mugs take up a lot of room in the suitcase and we never use the foodcourts so I probably wouldn't bring them anyways! =)

Disney really doesn't think this whole refillable mug issue is as big of a deal as the disboards does =)

Enjoy your trip!

Disney really doesn't think this whole refillable mug issue is as big of a deal as the disboards does =)

I agree. I'm not saying it's right, just that they don't seem to care. I see everyone filling jut about everything up at the pop stations. Mugs (new & old), pop bottles, water bottles and what not. I've never seen them do anything about it. It does seem to be a much bigger deal on the boards. Just an observation.

ADPOA Club Jester said:
If this sounds rude I appologize in advance but I think this needs to be said. The people who complain that people using old mugs are stealing need to stop complaining. If people like me want to use their old mugs it's no one elses business. Like maxsmom said I have also seen other people using different resort mugs & other type of mugs (not sold at the counter service locations) to get pop drinks. I don't say anything because if WDW does not then they obviously don't care. If I had sum these people who complain about the people using old mugs, I would have to say they are goody too shoes guests. If they see a rule posted will make sure that everyone around them follows it & if they don't then they will tell a Cast Member in managment that some guests are breaking the rules. So to these people I say enjoy your vacation at WDW & not worry about others using old mugs.

Also the term about the mugs being good for length of stay, does not say anything there that they are no longer good once your trip ends. To me it means you can use the mug you have purchased from the time you check in, til your check out day & the words once you leave they are no longer good is not stated. Basically to me this is just WDW's way of saying it in more technical terms, then having to say good for life which is what I was told when my family & I bought our mugs back in January of 2000.

Lastly I think that someone posted on here that they were under the impression that old mugs were no longer good, however we can not prove that because like I said before WDW has not come out with a statement about the mugs & there is nothing in writting at the drink machines that says old mugs are no longer good. So in my opinion this was just a rumor which someone posted & since there is no clear answer we keep having these debates.

I'm sorry, it's late so I may just be tired, but I don't follow this reasoning...can you explain? :magnify:

ADPOA Club Jester said:
I will try to explain this as best as I can. To me the term length of stay means from the day you check in, to the day you check out. Some people have said that's what is printed on the new mugs & they think that once their vacation is over those mugs are no longer good. Well to me if WDW was serious about those mugs not being good anymore then someone how they would have printed that on the mug. So in my opinon just because the mugs say length of stay, it does not mean they are no longer good because where does it say that?
"Free unlimited refills from our beverage islands during the stay in which the mug was purchased". This is word for word what it says on my POP mug I bought in 2005. But My ASSports mugs from 1996 does not say anything and were sold to me as "free refills for the life of the mug." People really do make to big of a deal of the issue, and I am not trying to debate what you said only answer you question. I would love nothing more than for Disney to come out with a new mug policy and to release a statement of the mugs of yester year...Until they do IMO, Use your old mugs if you bought them under the policy of lifetime and dont worry about what anyone says. Enjoy your mugs...the new with the old!

ADPOA Club Jester said:
If it helps this is what they have printed on Allearsnet.com about the mugs:

Most of the WDW Resorts have a "Refillable Mug" program in their food court area (aka Fast Food-Counter Service). You purchase a mug for around $11.99 and are entitled to "free" or less expensive refills for the duration of your stay. The refills are available from the beverage dispensers and usually include: coffee, sodas, ice tea, and hot chocolate. No other purchase is required to get your mug or your refills.

The mugs have the hotel logo on them and signs state that they are for use at that hotel for the duration of your visit.

For an avid coffee or soda drinker, especially with the 'free' refills,
you can't beat it.

The table below outlines the refillable mugs available at the resorts and the purchase as well as refill price. Be sure to add 6% tax to the purchase price.

In that explination where does it say that those mugs are no longer good once your vacation ends. Also it does not make reference that the old mugs with no explination on them, which people think should not be used. So there is nothing there to proof that the mugs my family & I purchased at the Contemporary in January 2000 are no longer good.

Once again your logic escapes me.

"Duration of stay" means they are not good for use once your stay ends.

If you bought your mugs under a free refills for life policy, then by all means reuse them.

Otherwise, you need to move on. You complain about other people posting about refillable mugs but you seem to post about it more than anyone and want to argue about it more than anyone else.

There is no such thing as lifetime anything. Rather, the mugs were previously sold with an indefinite period of time. As per the Florida statutes, Title XXXIX, Chapter 672.309(2), once Disney posted the "good only during your current visit" signs, old mugs were no longer valid.

ADPOA Club Jester said:
If it helps this is what they have printed on Allearsnet.com about the mugs:

Most of the WDW Resorts have a "Refillable Mug" program in their food court area (aka Fast Food-Counter Service). You purchase a mug for around $11.99 and are entitled to "free" or less expensive refills for the duration of your stay. The refills are available from the beverage dispensers and usually include: coffee, sodas, ice tea, and hot chocolate. No other purchase is required to get your mug or your refills.

The mugs have the hotel logo on them and signs state that they are for use at that hotel for the duration of your visit.

For an avid coffee or soda drinker, especially with the 'free' refills,
you can't beat it.

The table below outlines the refillable mugs available at the resorts and the purchase as well as refill price. Be sure to add 6% tax to the purchase price.

In that explination where does it say that those mugs are no longer good once your vacation ends. Also it does not make reference that the old mugs with no explination on them, which people think should not be used. So there is nothing there to proof that the mugs my family & I purchased at the Contemporary in January 2000 are no longer good.

Actually McDs has a refillable cup too. There is no sign there that says you cannot bring your cup back each time. Does that mean that I am allowed to bring my cup back each time since they are specifically not telling me I'm not allowed? There is no signage so I must have bought a lifetime of Coke for .99! At least by your way of thinking. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!