>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I've seen conflicting info and can't seem to find a clear answer. I'm going to be coming to Disney in December but staying off property. We plan on doing multiple days of resort hopping to see Christmas decorations and we would get a lot of use out of getting the refillable mugs. As non resort guests, would we be able to purchase these mugs? And if so, are they good for just the day we order, or are they good for multiple days?

I've seen conflicting info and can't seem to find a clear answer. I'm going to be coming to Disney in December but staying off property. We plan on doing multiple days of resort hopping to see Christmas decorations and we would get a lot of use out of getting the refillable mugs. As non resort guests, would we be able to purchase these mugs? And if so, are they good for just the day we order, or are they good for multiple days?

they don’t know who is buying the mugs so anyone can buy and they are activated for approx2 weeks. I say approximately because sometimes our mugs have slightly different expiration dates on them even when bought together. You buy them usually at the resort quick service restaurant via mobile order or in person.

Heading there now tomorrow. Any sign of Christmas mugs? I’m happy to have the 50th if that’s what they’re sticking with, but Christmas would be fun

They had Christmas ones on our trip back in 2019... we still have 'em, really cute... but I remember they were STILL trying to sell those babies in some shops / QS places when we went for a post-Covid trip in July 2020! Perhaps someone in marketing said "50th anniversary and general "Disney" mugs are ENOUGH... no more left-over holiday inventory!"

Available in a Pop Century mobile order (too bad I'm not there):

View attachment 609168
When I called yesterday, I was told the refillable mugs will only work at the hotel you buy it at and not any resort hotel. Can anyone confirm whether or not they have used it at multiple hotels in the last couple weeks? The Port Orleans mobile order page is different than Pop Century and doesn’t say it’s good at any resort.

Attachments

• 2B3538E0-3C7D-4E11-9215-E18D12481D65.png
    2B3538E0-3C7D-4E11-9215-E18D12481D65.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 38
When I called yesterday, I was told the refillable mugs will only work at the hotel you buy it at and not any resort hotel. Can anyone confirm whether or not they have used it at multiple hotels in the last couple weeks? The Port Orleans mobile order page is different than Pop Century and doesn’t say it’s good at any resort.

For some resorts the machines don't work well and fill any mug up. At BRV the expiry date on my mug changed every day (extended forward). I would think your mug should work at any resort for length of stay.

This is a very late reply, but refillable mugs will work at all resorts. In Nov/Dec used mine at several resorts through my trip. The machine at Contemporary was down and then seemed to mess with my chip but I just had it reset at my resort later on. They said they could clearly see when it was activated and just reset it. I didn’t have any further issues at any resort after that.

Hubby was there for the Marathon Weekend week and again used his everywhere.
It’s just the parks that it can’t be used in. But it’s good at any of the Disney Hotels.

Do all resorts - even deluxe resorts and Fort Wilderness - have refill stations for the mugs?

Does the Dis (or any other website) have a list of where these refill stations are located in each resort?

anyone have a way to carry there mugs with them all day at the parks? we like to fill up before we get back to our room and when we resort hop I want them with us but worried they will leak in the bags (the new lid is nice but they still leak)

Do all resorts - even deluxe resorts and Fort Wilderness - have refill stations for the mugs?

Does the Dis (or any other website) have a list of where these refill stations are located in each resort?
Yes all disney resorts have them and they are usally in the quick service. Some dvc villas have them in the little shops due to them not having a QS.

anyone have a way to carry there mugs with them all day at the parks? we like to fill up before we get back to our room and when we resort hop I want them with us but worried they will leak in the bags (the new lid is nice but they still leak)
Are you asking about carrying them with liquid in them or just so that you can use them for a bit then carry them elsewhere after their emptied?

You could use a large carabiner through the handles and attach to one of the straps of any bag you're carrying. A napkin inside would work to absorb any residual liquid.

Aside from just carrying them in your hand I'm not sure how you'd transport them with liquid inside though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter