Reese's Pieces makes a wish pre-trip report

Just checking in. Sorry to hear she had to be hospitalized again, and on her birthday. I hope by now she is doing a lot better! Hugs to all of you and as always, prayers every day!

Luckily her birthday hospital stay was only overnight. We are back at CHOP this week though---it was a planned stay. Reese is now entering the third phase of chemo, which lasts 8 weeks. Every other week (so 4 times) she will get chemo inpatient in the hospital--roughly a 3-6 day stay. We have been here since Wednesday, and we MAY get to go home tonight. Or tomorrow. Our fingers are crossed. Right now she is finally napping--she was so exhausted, the lack of sleep is catching up to her. She was going to bed way too late and waking up way too early. She fell asleep watching Harry Potter :)

We are in the second round of this inpatient chemo. Hopefully within 30 minutes I will be finding out if her levels are low enough to go home. They are borderline, so if it isn't today--it would be tomorrow morning.

Reese absolutely LOVES the hospital a little too much. I did ask her if she wants to go to Disney World or CHOP (the hospital) and she said "hospital." I told her that she can't let MAW know that.

We are in the second round of this inpatient chemo. Hopefully within 30 minutes I will be finding out if her levels are low enough to go home. They are borderline, so if it isn't today--it would be tomorrow morning.

Reese absolutely LOVES the hospital a little too much. I did ask her if she wants to go to Disney World or CHOP (the hospital) and she said "hospital." I told her that she can't let MAW know that.

Kids are so funny! She will absolutely LOVE Disney!! She just doesn't have a frame of reference for it yet.

I hope she's been doing well after her last stay. :flower3:

I hope everythin is OK - you've been on my mind. (((Hugs)))

D~

3 rounds of inpatient chemo down; one left to go. The nice thing is it is every other week instead of every week, so we get a week break to have FUN:

There are tons of pictures coming (and lots of smiles)

Since the 4th, we have spent days swimming, at the beach (her least favorite place--not a fan of the sand), the boardwalk, with friends, cousins and her favorite place the Disney Store. I saw Anna's coronation dress there today and I was VERY tempted to buy it for her--but realized she didn't need it :)

She's so adorable! The CUTEST smile! I'm have been swamped and haven't had time to check in. Glad to hear she gets a break!!

Just stopping by to say hi... Did you ever get official dates from maw? I may have missed them.

D~

Love all her smiley pictures! It looks like you have one happy little girl!

I am with Reese on the beach and the sand - not a fan at all!

Love all her smiley pictures! It looks like you have one happy little girl!

I am with Reese on the beach and the sand - not a fan at all!

Problem is we live 5 minutes from the beach so that is our typical summer day activity. DH and I both LOVE the beach. Along with all of our friends that have kids.

Just stopping by to say hi... Did you ever get official dates from maw? I may have missed them.

D~

Unfortunately not yet---I had the wish grantors phone number saved into my cell phone and it broke :( I have to locate the paper to call and see if they heard anything yet.

No dates yet :(

I talked to MAW and asked when we would hear about dates--ideally, I would love it to be early December. They said we probably won't hear anything until the end of August/early September. I asked about it because I want to submit a letter to the superintendent at work stating the dates that I want to have off. I would have to be off payroll for 2 days.

If I don't hear back from them by then, she said to call back and they would make a phone call.

starearedkid said:
No dates yet :(

I talked to MAW and asked when we would hear about dates--ideally, I would love it to be early December. They said we probably won't hear anything until the end of August/early September. I asked about it because I want to submit a letter to the superintendent at work stating the dates that I want to have off. I would have to be off payroll for 2 days.

If I don't hear back from them by then, she said to call back and they would make a phone call.

I tried to talk Sophie into December and she wasn't having it. ☺ I'm sure Reece will LOVE going then! Pascal will be waiting. ;)

Well we went to Voorhees today only to find out her ANC is still a little too low to start the next round of chemo. We have ANOTHER week off! I just want to get this stage over and done with.

I just spoke to MAW this week, and we have tentative dates. They will call back to confirm but right now it looks like the second week of December! December 7th through the 13th.

Now I am trying to make reservations. I preemptively made reservations for Cinderella's Castle 6 months ago. We have Hollywood and Vine reservations.

Any other favorites? How about Universal?

I am so excited--this is finally happening.

Reese is doing well--she is off the steroids again Thank God. Over the summer she was asked to participate in a fundraising video for a local organization; Ocean of Love. They help provide support to families with children with cancer. The video got released on youtube yesterday. Please if you have a minute, view it and share it. The more views it gets the more money Ocean of Love will receive. (people have donated money based on how many views.)

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oekLvO5x1DAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oekLvO5x1DA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter