Recommendations for 2 adults on a budget

Have you got the brokers lined up with the resorts you want prior to the 11 month mark?
Yes! Do you recommend multiple brokers? I have it through DVC Rental Store, I suppose I could also pay the deposit and do David's or somewhere else additionally.

You can sometimes get a standard room at Boardwalk for around $350 using the passholder discount. You can walk to Epcot and DHS from there.
But really, if you’re staying 4 days you will be fine using bus transportation , or with the money you save staying at a mod you could use Uber or Lyft to get around.
I would love that (that's my top choice resort for DVC), but wouldn't I need to be an annual passholder for that discount?

I would love that (that's my top choice resort for DVC), but wouldn't I need to be an annual passholder for that discount?

Oh sorry, yes you would . But they have regular discounts as well - I would check when the discounts come out.

I just put in a random week for the summer discount rate ( NOT the passholder rate) . I know that’s not when you are going but just an example of what you can get.

Attachments

• E5D14A26-9FD5-4EA3-A823-DB2D71E52CBC.png
    E5D14A26-9FD5-4EA3-A823-DB2D71E52CBC.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 12
I have yacht club on the summer discount for under $350 a night. It’s doable, I would book what you would be happy with now and then look for discounts, they do exist!

Personally I have had great experiences at the POP, you can also look into the swan and dolphin

. Of course Beach Club and Boardwalk fill up fast when a stay is during food and wine but you should not have any trouble otherwise. Swan and Dolphin have the added resort fee $35 and parking fee of I think $25 a day. So make sure to budget $70 a day just in those fee's.

. Of course Beach Club and Boardwalk fill up fast when a stay is during food and wine but you should not have any trouble otherwise. Swan and Dolphin have the added resort fee $35 and parking fee of I think $25 a day. So make sure to budget $70 a day just in those fee's.
Even going through a rental store?

Even going through a rental store?
The rental stores serve as go betweens for owners with points to rent and renters seeking a reservation. They don’t have a special inventory of villas.

Does that not come to $60 a day 🤔

The rental stores serve as go betweens for owners with points to rent and renters seeking a reservation. They don’t have a special inventory of villas.
Right. That's why I'm concerned. I figure if you're an owner you have a better shot at availability, and that goes down as you have to work through the intermediary.

We love the Swan and that has become our resort of choice. It is generally quieter than the BC or YC, has almost all of the same perks (just no ME or MB charging privileges) and the same great location and a lower cost and discounts like AAA available. We especially love their alcove rooms.

Right. That's why I'm concerned. I figure if you're an owner you have a better shot at availability, and that goes down as you have to work through the intermediary.
May is not a typically busy DVC month, so I don’t think inventory will be much of a problem for you for most places. Just scratch BWV standard view and all of Riviera from your list because they are unicorns for renters.

May is not a typically busy DVC month, so I don’t think inventory will be much of a problem for you for most places. Just scratch BWV standard view and all of Riviera from your list because they are unicorns for renters.
Of course they're both on the list :rolleyes1
But there are other options. But any studio in the EPCOT area through DVC will be cheaper than the same level directly through Disney from my math. So hopefully one will come through.

As you can see from my signature, I have multiple stays at each of the values and all moderates except CSR. I'm an adult traveling solo or with another adult and really, we've been fine everywhere. IMHO Pop is the most centrally located and hence, the shortest transportation. AoA LM rooms are adorable, and they are a hike from the bus stop at the main building.
I agree that CBR seems like it would suit your needs best!

If you are booking 11 months in advance I think you have a pretty good chance of getting a Studio at BCV, BWV or Riveria. We have a friend we always rent points from. He owns at Wilderness Lodge but we like to stay at BWV. So, we can't book until the 7th month mark and we still have gotten a Studio every time (This is for March and July also, so busier times). The only thing left is Pool/Garden View which is fine with us.

Definitely look at the Swan and the Dolphin. I have yet to pay over $300 a night for a room at either place. And it is the perfect location for adults. A great pool, and easy access to Epcot, The Disney Studios, and all the fun on the Boardwalk.

Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of CBR. That would have been my last pick of moderates.

If you are booking 11 months in advance I think you have a pretty good chance of getting a Studio at BCV, BWV or Riveria. We have a friend we always rent points from. He owns at Wilderness Lodge but we like to stay at BWV. So, we can't book until the 7th month mark and we still have gotten a Studio every time (This is for March and July also, so busier times). The only thing left is Pool/Garden View which is fine with us.
Not Riviera. It won’t even open until Dec. 16 and they have been selling contracts since March. Only a small fraction of the villas have been declared into DVC inventory:
  • 9 Two-Person Tower Studio villas
  • 8 Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
  • 7 Dedicated One Bedroom villas
  • 18 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas
  • 23 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas
  • 4 Three Bedroom Grand Villas
The rest belong to Disney Vacation Development and they will turn those over to Disney CRO for cash reservations.

Although more villas will most likely be declared into DVC inventory between now and when it opens, the likelihood of a new Riviera owner putting their just-acquired points up for rent with a broker by next month are extremely slim. So, the chance that the OP will be able to rent a Riviera studio for May 2020 at the 11-month mark is pretty much zilch. That’s why I said to strike it from her list.

Not Riviera. It won’t even open until Dec. 16 and they have been selling contracts since March. Only a small fraction of the villas have been declared into DVC inventory:
  • 9 Two-Person Tower Studio villas
  • 8 Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
  • 7 Dedicated One Bedroom villas
  • 18 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas
  • 23 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas
  • 4 Three Bedroom Grand Villas
The rest belong to Disney Vacation Development and they will turn those over to Disney CRO for cash reservations.

Although more villas will most likely be declared into DVC inventory between now and when it opens, the likelihood of a new Riviera owner putting their just-acquired points up for rent with a broker by next month are extremely slim. So, the chance that the OP will be able to rent a Riviera studio for May 2020 at the 11-month mark is pretty much zilch. That’s why I said to strike it from her list.
It’s interesting because the broker actually thought Riviera would be my highest likelihood resort. I wonder why they’d say that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!