Recommendations for 2 adults on a budget

Lb2018

Earning My Ears
We're headed to WDW for my 30th birthday celebration in May of 2020. We're attempting to get a DVC rental at the 11-month mark but aiming for studios can be really hard to get, so I'm not holding my breath.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out a backup. I booked AoA but I'm starting to second guess it. Easy access to parks is a must because we're trying to pack a lot into only 4ish days. We really need to stay ~$350/night (ideally closer to $300). Any recommendations for a resort?

We're headed to WDW for my 30th birthday celebration in May of 2020. We're attempting to get a DVC rental at the 11-month mark but aiming for studios can be really hard to get, so I'm not holding my breath.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out a backup. I booked AoA but I'm starting to second guess it. Easy access to parks is a must because we're trying to pack a lot into only 4ish days. We really need to stay ~$350/night (ideally closer to $300). Any recommendations for a resort?

Have you looked into the moderate resorts. If I'm understanding correctly, your cost per night needs to be no more than $350? Well from what I can see, the Moderates are in the low $200 area. Would those work for you?

Have you looked into the moderate resorts. If I'm understanding correctly, your cost per night needs to be no more than $350? Well from what I can see, the Moderates are in the low $200 area. Would those work for you?
It works for budget, but not ideal for location. I'm open to it if that's what people recommend, but was curious if there were others I wasn't considering that would have easy access to EPCOT and HS. It may just be that my options are Crescent Lake or any of the values on the new gondola.

But if there are specific moderates that are better than others for two adults that'd be helpful to know.

It works for budget, but not ideal for location. I'm open to it if that's what people recommend, but was curious if there were others I wasn't considering that would have easy access to EPCOT and HS. It may just be that my options are Crescent Lake or any of the values on the new gondola.

But if there are specific moderates that are better than others for two adults that'd be helpful to know.

Looks like only Pop and AoA are on the Gondola system. What parks are you looking to be the closest to?

Looks like only Pop and AoA are on the Gondola system. What parks are you looking to be the closest to?
EPCOT and HS. Guess my question really comes down to how tolerable AoA or POP will feel for two adults. Or whether we're better off giving up the location (or doing Swan/Dolphin) in order to be more comfortable.

EPCOT and HS. Guess my question really comes down to how tolerable AoA or POP will feel for two adults. Or whether we're better off giving up the location (or doing Swan/Dolphin) in order to be more comfortable.

I can only speak to ASMusic as that's where my husband and I stayed on our 10 year anniversary celebration in 2001. It was actually quite comfortable and more "quiet" than I expected. I wouldn't think 2 adults should have any problems at Pop or AoA. Why would you? Looks like you would need to choose Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Dolphin at Walt Disney World, and Swan at Walt Disney World if you want proximity to EPCOT and HS. Unfortunately, I believe those are going to hit the $300+ area.

I can only speak to ASMusic as that's where my husband and I stayed on our 10 year anniversary celebration in 2001. It was actually quite comfortable and more "quiet" than I expected. I wouldn't think 2 adults should have any problems at Pop or AoA. Why would you? Looks like you would need to choose Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Dolphin at Walt Disney World, and Swan at Walt Disney World if you want proximity to EPCOT and HS. Unfortunately, I believe those are going to hit the $300+ area.
I was searching around and seeing a lot of complaints about AoA being loud and deeply uncomfortable. It's good to hear your experiences were different.

I was searching around and seeing a lot of complaints about AoA being loud and deeply uncomfortable. It's good to hear your experiences were different.

Remember, I've never stayed at AoA. I stayed at All Star Music. We've also done Pop and All Star Sports with our son. Both those resorts worked just fine for the three of us. Plenty of room. My son and I shared a bed and we gave hubby one all to himself.

Just back from Pop and the beds were very comfortable. If only 2 people the second bed would stay up and give you plenty of room. We were in the 50’s section which is loud because of the pool, but we liked being in the center of the resort. There are plenty of outer buildings that would be much quieter. We had great luck with the busses coming frequently. The only issue was the distance of the bus stops at the parks. They were far away at the end of a long day of walking. We would definitely stay at Pop again if that’s what our budget allowed for. We were very happy there.

My husband and I are actually spending our last night at Pop Century tonight. Its our second time staying here and we think its a great value, especially with the renovations and gondolas. Theres plenty of space for two adults because you can keep the second bed up. We haven't had any issues with noise. The bus service has been great. The rooms have a modern, clean feel to them. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

You can sometimes get a standard room at Boardwalk for around $350 using the passholder discount. You can walk to Epcot and DHS from there.
But really, if you’re staying 4 days you will be fine using bus transportation , or with the money you save staying at a mod you could use Uber or Lyft to get around.

Other than resorts where you can walk to Epcot or MK I think the All Stars are actually really good for time usage because the buses come more frequently and dependably.

At Beach Club and Caribbean Beach buses were very inconsistent and frustrating for my stays. May have just been unlucky but it was what it was.

I would pick POP over AOA because at AOA the regular rooms are all pretty far out and the beds at AOA are full size. As two adults I’d much prefer a queen bed at POP. Since you said you’re planning to cram a lot into those 4 days, POP would be just fine, no need to waste money on something more expensive when it sounds like you won’t be in the room much anyway. I do like the remodeled rooms.

Caribbean Beach is a moderate and on the new gondola system - I’d take it over AoA.

Port Orleans French Quarter is a nice moderate. Small, charming, great for a couple adults. It doesn’t have super close park access but I never had issues with the buses. Also there is a boat to Disney Spring :)

You should stay at swan and dolphin. The only Disney perk you miss is transport from the airport but that is easily fixed with a mears shuttle. It is very upscale and romantic. Walk or boat to epcot and HS. Tons of restaurants and the boardwalk for nightly entertainment. Fantastic pool and pool bar. More adult feel for sure! It was our favorite resort before having a kid. Now we rent DVC studios. You can look for discounts on their website or become a Bonvou or AAA member for discounts.

You should stay at swan and dolphin. The only Disney perk you miss is transport from the airport but that is easily fixed with a mears shuttle. It is very upscale and romantic. Walk or boat to epcot and HS. Tons of restaurants and the boardwalk for nightly entertainment. Fantastic pool and pool bar. More adult feel for sure! It was our favorite resort before having a kid. Now we rent DVC studios. You can look for discounts on their website or become a Bonvou or AAA member for discounts.
Swan/Dolphin is definitely on my radar but the best prices are non-refundable, so waiting on it until I know about DVC one way or another.

Our DVC hopes are: Boardwalk (either studio type), Beach Club Studio, then Riviera. But I've heard how competitive it can be so I'm trying not to count on it.

Just switched from AoA to Carribean Beach though (only $100 different for the full stay) so thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter