Recipes with meat as an ingredient, rather than as the primary

I like to save any leftover breakfast meats throughout the week ( ham, bacon, sausage) and then throw it in a quiche with any leftover salad fixins and have it for dinner once a week or so. Almost any meat or veggie works, doesn't take much, and makes a good economical meal.

Thanks!! Nice site;)

**I also make a yummy mozzarella and white bean pasta. So delicious and so easy and inexpensive...

Melt 4 TBS. of butter and I TBS. of Olive Oil. Add 1 clove of minced garlic and saute over low heat. Cook 1 lb. of pasta.
Add 1 can of rinsed and drained small white beans (they are sweet and mild) to the butter oil and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes over low/med. Before draining pasta carefully add 1 cup of the hot pasta water to the bean mixture. Drain pasta and mix with bean mixture. Add shredded mozzarella (about 8 oz.) and mix thouroughly. It will be stringy and soft.

Really economical and very tasty!

That sounds good and a bit different than the usual fare.

Quesadillas are easy and don't take much meat. I cooked 1/2 lb chicken, added onions and peppers; season to taste. Meanwhile, heat up four tortilla shells; then pile cheese on two of the shells, top with the chicken mixture, top with cheese and the other shell. Bake until lightly golden brown. So yummy, and not a lot of meat needed.

I often buy a big thing of chicken and cut it up for various meal. Then I freeze the already cut meat and use throughout the month as needed.

About two years ago I started using 1/2 pound of hamburger in recipes I'd previously used a pound in- spaghetti, chili, hamburger soup, etc. No one can even taste the difference so I started doing it with chicken as well. I load up our fajitas, alfredos, etc. with vegetables or pasta and use only two pieces of chicken for our family of four.
This is what I do. Another tip, for tacos, if I have leftover rice, I add it to the meat as a filler. Or I'll just add a cup of frozen corn as a filler. This is delicious too. The sweetness of the corn goes well with the saltiness/spiciness of the taco seasoning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter