Recent Stays at Comfort Inn, LBV

I know, I was going to book this hotel for March and just read on TripAdvisor a family came home with lice recently...let's hope these conditions weren't caused by the hotel directly but I am not comfortable:confused3

They recently renovated this hotel & changed out all bedding according to a previous poster, so I would think that the hotel is clean.

Deal is still on through bookit.com

I got two nights in early June for less than $100. Suits my purposes for our extra day at Sea World and Downtown Disney.

A little nervous about those negatives being posted, but if I'm not comfortable I'll just leave and am only out $100. I think it should be fine now after the renos :surfweb::confused3

A little nervous about those negatives being posted,

I don't worry much about the negative posts. I stayed there last year, before the renovations, and we were fine. The only problem we had was with the traffic noise, so when we go back this year, I'm requesting parking lot view.

There's negative reviews posted about almost any and every hotel out there, so I don't really go by that.
There's even bad reviews out there for the Grand Floridian!

Booked this hotel for $39 plus tax last night on Bookit.com. Offer is still up there.:banana:

I called the reservations to reserve a king bed and told her about the comment about the lice. she also was surprised and said they underwent the huge renovation.

There is no way to prove this person got lice from the hotel, one of her children could have already had it when they went or maybe trying on hats somewhere. I would take the comments with a grain of salt especially considering the new bedding, etc.

We stayed there over Christmas for part of our stay - we usually stay onsite, and did stay at a value our first night, and their renovated rooms blew away a value room. SO NICE. We had a great stay.

Our room even faced the freeway and the noise didn't bother us.

I got in on their anniv special last summer and paid a crazy low rate ($120 total with tax for 6 nights).

One week and a day from tonight we'll be checking in!:)
I'm looking at all the reviews and thinking (hoping) that there must be just as much good as there is disappointment.
This will be my kids first ever stay off site and the first time my husband & I have stayed off site since our engagement 17 years ago :sad2: (can't believe it's really been that long!!)
Anyway- we know we are checking into "just a hotel" and have no big expectations except for a comfortable place to lay our heads at the end of the day (with a fridge & microwave).

we are checking in the following week on the 26th. this will be a first for us also staying off property..

We stayed for 6 nights this past November and it was great! The room was new the staff was very nice and the hotel was very quiet. Out room faced the pool so I guess it was facing the traffic also and it never bothered us. We are an on the go family, at the parks from open to close so it suited our needs well. Actually we are thinking about going down again this year in November and we are thinking of staying again but not sure because we want to do Universal instead of Disney and I'm not sure how far it is from Universal.

Just returned yesterday from a 7 night stay. The rooms are renovated, the only thing original is the tv, toilet and tub. New vanities and area for the frig and microwave. We have stayed there many times before the renovations and it has always been clean but the renovations made it nicer than a Disney Value Resort. I was very impressed with the renovations and will continue to stay here especially at the $29 rate if it is available!

I just ran across these pictures from our most recent stay at Comfort Inn, LBV, and thought I'd share them.:goodvibes These are from December 2009.

DecemberinDisney2009050.jpg

DecemberinDisney2009051.jpg

DecemberinDisney2009052.jpg

DecemberinDisney2009053.jpg

These are the sliding privacy doors that separate the bedroom from the bathroom.
DecemberinDisney2009054.jpg

Coffeemaker, microwave, mini-fridge
DecemberinDisney2009055.jpg

DecemberinDisney2009056.jpg

DecemberinDisney2009057.jpg

DecemberinDisney2009060.jpg

Poor Lydon. I took these pictures at around 1am and he had absolutely no idea why I felt the need to document the interior of our room at that hour. :rotfl:
DecemberinDisney2009061.jpg

Inside of the armoire with full-length mirror
DecemberinDisney2009062.jpg

Iron with ironing board
DecemberinDisney2009063.jpg

And finally, the view from our room the next morning
DecemberinDisney2009064.jpg

Thanks so much for posting these. I feel great about our 2 night stay in early June !:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter