Recent park experience at Sea World?

ngl

DIS Veteran
Trying to get some feedback from anyone who has been at SeaWorld recently regarding crowds and mask compliance, etc. Just had to cancel other Tgiving plans so thinking about going for a day (live about 1 hr away) to give kids something to look forward to but wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience to report. Thanks in advance.

We were there last month. Mask compliance varied a lot day to day. One of our days, masks were being worn by most guests.....one day, it felt as if we saw more unmasked/improperly masked guests than ones who were wearing them over their mouths and noses. They do have staff walking the park with signage reminding people to wear their masks the right way at all times within the park, but much like at my local grocery store, there's always a group of people who think the rules don't apply to them.

Overall, Disney got a 9.5/10 for mask compliance in our personal "grading". Seaworld averaged about a 6.5-7/10. Busch Gardens, maybe a 3/10?

We were there last month. Mask compliance varied a lot day to day. One of our days, masks were being worn by most guests.....one day, it felt as if we saw more unmasked/improperly masked guests than ones who were wearing them over their mouths and noses. They do have staff walking the park with signage reminding people to wear their masks the right way at all times within the park, but much like at my local grocery store, there's always a group of people who think the rules don't apply to them.

Overall, Disney got a 9.5/10 for mask compliance in our personal "grading". Seaworld averaged about a 6.5-7/10. Busch Gardens, maybe a 3/10?
Thank you SO much!!!! This is very helpful.

I concur. They need to do a better job monitoring their lines as well...rides, restaurants and shows.

Busch was a train wreck, if you value your health id avoid that.

Was at Seaworld for the last 3 days, mask compliance was really really really bad o_O, especially at night.
Social distance also non-existent, had to physically block some people from getting too close in line.
Did our best to avoid the crowd, but really feel like Seaworld was the riskiest part of our 2 week vacation. (Even worse than Aquatica, where it was actually easy to distance due to the place almost being deserted)

Trying to get some feedback from anyone who has been at SeaWorld recently regarding crowds and mask compliance, etc. Just had to cancel other Tgiving plans so thinking about going for a day (live about 1 hr away) to give kids something to look forward to but wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience to report. Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure you could walk around the park mask less and no one would say anything. That's how bad it is. It's almost comical how little SeaWorld enforces there own rules.

Went to SeaWorld yesterday. Lots of exposed noses, but I was able to keep our distance. I felt like the crowding in the lines was the worst, no one too the 6' seriously and the lack of social distance markers in the Infinity Falls line was bad. The lady behind us kept getting right up next to us.

I'm pretty sure you could walk around the park mask less and no one would say anything. That's how bad it is. It's almost comical how little SeaWorld enforces there own rules.
I can tell you we try very hard, i admit some ambassadors have given up because of getting yelled at, harassed and called all sorts of things. But most of us still ask everyone to pull them over the noses, I don't understand why so many guests of SW are just so against them and couldn't care less about the pandemic

I can tell you we try very hard, i admit some ambassadors have given up because of getting yelled at, harassed and called all sorts of things. But most of us still ask everyone to pull them over the noses, I don't understand why so many guests of SW are just so against them and couldn't care less about the pandemic

Yes, to be fair I have seen my guide asking someone to wear a mask. Thank you for the hard work.
But once it gets busy (previously only weekends, now holiday season is here weekday as well), there is just simply too many people breaking the rules, regular enforcement seems hopeless and does not make a dent. (And you know the thing about rules, once enough people break it, it reaches a critical mass and no one takes it seriously any more)

The show exiting procedure is a bit inconsistent and confusing as well. The dolphin show did it the best, specifically mentioning section and row. While the other shows is just a few person waving big banners :oops:.

Yes, to be fair I have seen my guide asking someone to wear a mask. Thank you for the hard work.
But once it gets busy (previously only weekends, now holiday season is here weekday as well), there is just simply too many people breaking the rules, regular enforcement seems hopeless and does not make a dent. (And you know the thing about rules, once enough people break it, it reaches a critical mass and no one takes it seriously any more)

The show exiting procedure is a bit inconsistent and confusing as well. The dolphin show did it the best, specifically mentioning section and row. While the other shows is just a few person waving big banners :oops:.
Orca can't be done row by row cause it'll take a very long time to empty. Again people not listening, if everyone stayed put and waited for their flag it would be well organized, the morale in operations is low because of the guests not following instructions.

We saw more people at seaworld enforcing the rule than at Disney, that was a few weeks back.

Lower cost of entry, lower socioeconomic class of guests...etc. etc.

Thank you for everything you do. I know what it's like working in a theme park pre pandemic. Can't imagine what it's like now.

Lower cost of entry, lower socioeconomic class of guests...etc. etc.
This.

SeaWorld is begging people to come in which is a shame. I loved SeaWorld before Covid. The Christmas Celebration is still one of my favorite events.

I was at Sea World yesterday. Mask compliance was about 70%. One time we heard a team member tell someone to pull up their mask. Guest did for a moment then pulled it back under the nose. Mask compliance was still better there than a grocery store in Polk County where masks aren’t required.

We had a great time at Sea World! The Christmas lights were impressive. It didn’t feel crowded for me. Social distancing wasn’t too hard. Maybe for a moment or two while walking we were close to people. Up by the stadium watching the zamboni clean the ice, there was some bottlenecking. But most other pathways are much wider and no problem.

Busy yes, but compared to Disney, not bad at all (no comparison) and so festive. When we are down over Christmas, this has been our family's go to park on Christmas day.
Thank you for the info. Have been to Disney on Christmas, so I can understand your comparison.
We are going Christmas Day and was hoping it wouldn't be too bad.

We were there this past weekend. It was quiet in the morning and in the evening but midday got quite crowded (enough for us to bail). Mask compliance was pretty good. The food festival was a joke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter