Recent changes to each park

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
There used to be a section on this site where park changes are updated (attractions, etc.)....can anyone point me in the right direction?

thank you!

There used to be a section on this site where park changes are updated (attractions, etc.)....can anyone point me in the right direction?

thank you!

Oh, there are so many. From which point do you want to measure? I can try to help.

Been busy during the last two years and wanted to catch up on any changes.

Been busy during the last two years and wanted to catch up on any changes.

Okay, so let's just say from pre-pandemic times. This may not be a comprehensive list, but I'll try:

General:
  • Park Reservations now required
  • Park Hopping only allowed after 2 PM
  • Genie+ - $15 per day for Lightning Lane access (FastPass) and some attractions paid access
  • No more Disney's Magical Express
  • Resort Guests get 30 minutes early entry to all parks every day, Deluxe Resort guests get certain extra hours at night
In Park:
  • All Parks: "Fab 50" gold statues dotted around for the 50th
  • All Parks: "Beacons of Light" short projection shows on each park icon
  • MK: Disney Enchantment is the new fireworks show replacing Happily Ever After - it has projecions all down Main Street now
  • MK: The WDW Railroad is still down pending completion of TRON's programming
  • EP: Spaceship Earth has a new LED lighting package that is used in lieu of projections for the Beacons of Light and it is lit all night!
  • EP: HarmonioUS is the new nighttime spectacular replacing Illuminations and Epcot Forever
  • EP: Construction walls are starting to come down on the central spine
    • Creations Shop & Connections Cafe both now open
    • Furture World now referred to as neighborhoods: World Celebration (center), World Discovery (Future World East), World Nature (Future World West)
  • EP: NEW RIDE: Remy's Ratatouille Adventure in the France Pavilion!
  • EP: NEW RIDE: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind in World Discovery!
  • EP: The Epcot Experience in The Odyssey Pavilion now closed
  • HS: NEW RIDE: Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway in the Chinese Theater
  • HS: Shows now back in operation - Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Bauty and the Beast
  • HS: Fantasmic! remains closed
  • HS: NEW RIDE: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance in Galaxy's Edge - this opened just before your timeframe, but it's close so I'm listing it
  • AK: Primeval Whirl has been completely removed
  • AK: Festival of the Lion King has returned to the full show at the Harmabe Village Theater
  • AK: Revamped Finding Nemo show, "The Big Blue and Beyond" has opened at the Theater in the Wild
  • AK: Disney Kite Tails is performed on the lagoon as a small show many times per day
I think that covers a lot of it, the major stuff anyway, and there's been a lot. Some of the rules changes have not been met with a positive response, but they are also changing a lot too. If you have any specific questions about anything feel free to ask. If anyone knows of anything that I missed, please post it.

Last edited:
I would love that! It's been a while for me and while I want to go back I feel like I could use a tutorial, when I look at the boards on travel it all feels like shorthand but details are needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter