Recent BLT visit problems

I wonder if this is more of an issue with DVC. I suspect DVC guests do not tip housekeeping, therefore they maybe spend a little less (or a lot less) time cleaning the rooms? Just wondering if maybe the cash paying guests get a little better care in the room cleaning.

I wonder if this is more of an issue with DVC. I suspect DVC guests do not tip housekeeping, therefore they maybe spend a little less (or a lot less) time cleaning the rooms? Just wondering if maybe the cash paying guests get a little better care in the room cleaning.

I have never tipped housekeeping anywhere? On site, off site, another country... Never have I tipped housekeeping. (Except for a cruise.)

IMO they know that the DVC owners will be back no matter how the room is cleaned but they need to keep the cash guest happy for repeat visits.

The room cleaning issues have been going on for way too long. If Disney wanted to fix the problem they would have.

DVC needs to hold the resort cleaning people accountable but apparently they don't have that power.

:earsboy: Bill

We just checked in. There are some stains on the couch and the expected dings in the furniture. We have a light out in the bathroom that I will report. I already tightened all of the loose screws with my tool kit :)

We had no A/C for a good part of the day at Jambo in our value studio yesterday and the shower curtain rod fell on me the first AM. They did get the A/C working by about 10 PM, which we were thankful for. We were still up watching the beach party show.

We just checked in. There are some stains on the couch and the expected dings in the furniture. We have a light out in the bathroom that I will report. I already tightened all of the loose screws with my tool kit :)

We had no A/C for a good part of the day at Jambo in our value studio yesterday and the shower curtain rod fell on me the first AM. They did get the A/C working by about 10 PM, which we were thankful for. We were still up watching the beach party show.

Please report your issues to DVC Member Satisfaction:

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

We stayed at BLT on June 7-9th this year in a 2 bdrm and it was lovely. :) The bedrooms were extremely clean and the kitchen was immaculate. We did call housekeeping to have a mess scrubbed out of two of the tubs. I believe it was rust coming from the handle on the back wall. Nothing major that bothered, just wanted to make sure it was noted that we didn't make the mess. :) The lady that came up to take care of it was courteous and wished us a happy stay. NO complaints there! I am so happy with BLT as our DVC choice. :thumbsup2 Cannot wait to go back!!

Bought in 2010 but havnt stayed there yet!

December 2013 is our first stay at home in a 2BR and we have guests so I am hoping there wont be any issues with the room.

I want our stay to be magical for all of us!!!:wizard:

We stayed there in June '12 and had maintenance issues as well.

There were red stains (looked like magic marker) on the carpet and the finish was almost completely ruined on the top of the TV armoire and the table. Not sure what it was but it was a dull white and you can bet that looked great on the black armoire.

Like DH said "I'd expect this out of the Ramada by the airport, but not a MK view BLT studio!"

We reported it to mousekeeping immediately and they sent up a manager. We weren't looking for any compensation but they offered to comp us our meal that evening.

Add that to the annoyance of not getting a room until 5 PM after checking in at 10 AM and it was not a successful stay.

Would we do it again? Sure. Hoping to be there pre-cruise in March!

We've stayed once a year since they opened (checked in on opening day). I haven't had any issues that made me take note, except one. On our most recent trip, the rainfall showerhead in the master bath didn't work. The regular showerhead worked fine. I didn't notify them until we were leaving because I'm weird about not wanting people in my room when I'm there. Also, we had booked standard view and got 5th floor above the tennis courts, so I was stoked.

Sadly, BLT was built with very cheap materials and the rooms are not aging well. Every trip we have issues and do report them to maintenance. Last trip we had moldy grout, holes in the walls, pieces of the Formica missing from the furniture, the kitchenette sink was stopped up, the bathroom sink was stopped up and something white (like liquid polish) spattered all over the bathroom door, walls and mirror... The building is used very heavy (i.e. almost always at capacity) and it is showing the use.... Just report it to the building managers and go on with your vacation. If they do happen to send up the Maintenance people, be nice they are a terrific bunch of guys. :thumbsup2 We love BLT so it never has any impact what so ever on our trip. :)

Sadly, BLT was built with very cheap materials and the rooms are not aging well. Every trip we have issues and do report them to maintenance. Last trip we had moldy grout, holes in the walls, pieces of the Formica missing from the furniture, the kitchenette sink was stopped up, the bathroom sink was stopped up and something white (like liquid polish) spattered all over the bathroom door, walls and mirror... The building is used very heavy (i.e. almost always at capacity) and it is showing the use.... Just report it to the building managers and go on with your vacation. If they do happen to send up the Maintenance people, be nice they are a terrific bunch of guys. :thumbsup2 We love BLT so it never has any impact what so ever on our trip. :)

Disney resorts probably knows what poor shape the rooms are in, DVCMC acts like they don't.

Every time something isn't right, DVC Member Satisfaction should be contacted.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

We stayed in a studio in February and everything was great. The lock on the door wasn't the greatest, but none of us really needed to have it locked. I did have a problem with shutting one of the dresser drawers and when I looked I found a new pull-up stuck there. Obviously it fell behind and not something mousekeeping would be looking for. I just threw it in the trash, no big deal.

This report is making me think about switching resorts, maybe to contemporary. However, we need two rooms and I do not want to make two reservations. I want to be able to walk to the MK so those are the only two resorts I am considering.

I have to do some thinking.

NO don't let this stop you. I went with my mom, dad and DD's in Feb and it was my 1st time but the rest of the family had gone up in Dec my DD's could NOT wait for me to see BLT they loved it and I did too we had a one bed room and my DD's and I had the living room with the pull out bed and the set that goes into a bed.... I do have to say that the set was BAD but they told us and ck in that the next day a new one would be in the room and guess what it was all NEW and all made out for her to go right to bed that night in lol

Years and years of DVC stays and I can say Mousekeeping has been quite good. I hope the OP's experience was an isolated case of someone not doing their job... and from the sound of things they found who did it and sent her back... so she could deliver a faceful of attitude with the re-cleaning :headache:

After THAT I would have asked for a brief meeting with the hotel manager. She needs a new job that is NOT in the customer service category.

I typically leave $5 at the end of a week's DVC stay, and if I remember which day is trash & towel I will leave something then also. When I do, I typically see extra touches like a towel animal or extra soap.

Let me start off by saying.. I love my DVC membership- one of the best decisions we have made and I hate having any complaints about my happy place.

Just got back from a 9 day at BLT. We typically go every July. This was the first time things went slightly less than perfect. Maybe I am spoiled, but I never had any problems before (lucky?).

#1) I had called MS twice with a room area request (once upon initial reservation request and a second call to double check). When we checked in, they claimed they had no record of any request. Now, I know there are no guarantees, but there was no record of it (??). I called twice.

#2) Kitchen was not clean. Microwave had food splattered on sides. Glasses were disgusting. Didn't realize the extent until Day 3. When I called 'Mousekeeping' to report it, they offered a full cleaning with Manager inspection. We came back to room before she was done with the cleaning and I got a snarky, "Well if you don't like it, you can just call the Manager again" comment. No Manager inspection happened, or at least when I was in the room. I probably should have pursued it further, but I just wanted to enjoy my vacation. P.S. Microwave still had food splattered on sides.

#3) Room was SO worn. One drawer handle was broken.. had to call to get that fixed. Bathroom grout was dirty, couch arms were stained. It made me so sad!!

Just wanted to see what you all think. Is it worth contacting someone further?

I would contact MS at the email given by previous posters. We also just got back last week from a stay at BLT. I wonder if we were there at the same time. We also had numerous issues. :( I did contact MS because we are staying there again in Sept. in a Grand Villa and I wanted to try and prevent some of the issues we had during this trip. I was happy with the resolution. I think if they are not aware of the issues, they can't work to fix them.

We just finalized our reservations for June '14 and am feeling good about our decision not to do a split stay and spend a couple of nights at BLT. It seems like fun to be able to walk to MK but this is just one of several threads with concerns about quality of furnishings and upkeep issues.

Will stay there one day....:confused3

#1) I had called MS twice with a room area request (once upon initial reservation request and a second call to double check). When we checked in, they claimed they had no record of any request. Now, I know there are no guarantees, but there was no record of it (??). I called twice.

I had a similar issue but actually called at least a 3rd time. The CM I spoke to initially did not see the request but upon further review did see it in the notes. It sounded like there could be multiple places to look for it. I have no idea if a standard request (i.e. upper floor, close to elevator etc..) is one are of the reservation and more complex requests (specific rooms etc..) are buried in the reservation. I don't mind requests not being filled but when they aren't even looked at or noted is bothersome. As I noted in another thread I would not want to be the person assigning rooms and attempting to complete the guest requests.

We stayed at BLT for four nights and had three two bedroom villas. My family all commented on what nice rooms they had and how well maintained they were.

I'm sorry the OP had such a bad experience. And I hope she does report it to Member Satisfaction because no one should have such a bad experience.

We have stayed twice in a 1BR villa at BLT. The first time was in May 2010. It was an amazing first trip to WDW, and the BLT was exceptional.

We stayed there for a 2nd time in May 2012 and noticed a big difference in the state of the room. We actually found a dead fly in the sofa bed when we opened it up to get ready for bed the first night. There were stains on the linens on the sofa bed also. We called housekeeping, and they had someone come to replace the sheets and remove the dead bug.

I do want to mention that we stayed on a cash reservation both times, we are not DVC members. The room was dusty, but I do believe that's because the room had not been used for quite some time. I do believe that if guests treat the hotel rooms with the same respect they would their own homes, then they wouldn't be in such poor shape so quickly. It doesn't really have anything to do with poor quality of materials used in furnishings, etc.

We would stay there again. The convenience and proximity to MK via monorail and walking makes it worthwhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter