Recent BLT visit problems

It'sJustPoints

Earning My Ears
Let me start off by saying.. I love my DVC membership- one of the best decisions we have made and I hate having any complaints about my happy place.

Just got back from a 9 day at BLT. We typically go every July. This was the first time things went slightly less than perfect. Maybe I am spoiled, but I never had any problems before (lucky?).

#1) I had called MS twice with a room area request (once upon initial reservation request and a second call to double check). When we checked in, they claimed they had no record of any request. Now, I know there are no guarantees, but there was no record of it (??). I called twice.

#2) Kitchen was not clean. Microwave had food splattered on sides. Glasses were disgusting. Didn't realize the extent until Day 3. When I called 'Mousekeeping' to report it, they offered a full cleaning with Manager inspection. We came back to room before she was done with the cleaning and I got a snarky, "Well if you don't like it, you can just call the Manager again" comment. No Manager inspection happened, or at least when I was in the room. I probably should have pursued it further, but I just wanted to enjoy my vacation. P.S. Microwave still had food splattered on sides.

#3) Room was SO worn. One drawer handle was broken.. had to call to get that fixed. Bathroom grout was dirty, couch arms were stained. It made me so sad!!

Just wanted to see what you all think. Is it worth contacting someone further?

Let me start off by saying.. I love my DVC membership- one of the best decisions we have made and I hate having any complaints about my happy place.

Just got back from a 9 day at BLT. We typically go every July. This was the first time things went slightly less than perfect. Maybe I am spoiled, but I never had any problems before (lucky?).

#1) I had called MS twice with a room area request (once upon initial reservation request and a second call to double check). When we checked in, they claimed they had no record of any request. Now, I know there are no guarantees, but there was no record of it (??). I called twice.

#2) Kitchen was not clean. Microwave had food splattered on sides. Glasses were disgusting. Didn't realize the extent until Day 3. When I called 'Mousekeeping' to report it, they offered a full cleaning with Manager inspection. We came back to room before she was done with the cleaning and I got a snarky, "Well if you don't like it, you can just call the Manager again" comment. No Manager inspection happened, or at least when I was in the room. I probably should have pursued it further, but I just wanted to enjoy my vacation. P.S. Microwave still had food splattered on sides.

#3) Room was SO worn. One drawer handle was broken.. had to call to get that fixed. Bathroom grout was dirty, couch arms were stained. It made me so sad!!

Just wanted to see what you all think. Is it worth contacting someone further?

I probably would just have wiped out the microwave myself and washed the glasses.

As for the worn room, we get what DVC purchased. And they didn't spend the money on the quality of the furnishings.

I'd follow up with a letter to member satisfaction letting them know of your disappointment in the furnishing, because that is the bigger problem at BLT.

And we need to get on our fellow members to make sure they notify Housekeeping or Maintenance when a problem arises to get it fixed. Stained arms on the sofa come from guests who don't clean up their messes.

But unless you want some sort of compensation, I'd mention that you don't want any sort of compensation; that you are just mentioning your concerns.

I would be disappointed to.....things need to be reported...

I stayed at BLT end of June on the 16th floor 2 bedroom lock off....no problems.....everything clean and no wear in living area. I did notice a little bit of title grout maintenance need in bath by shower in master but that was about it.

Hopefully, maintenance of BLT will be looked into and taken care of...:)

I definitely think reporting to member satisfaction that the furniture is not holding up and that it is a bit of a disappointment.

So far, our stays at BLT have been fine and we have not yet encountered a room where there were concerns, but we certainly will share with others if it happens...we will be there for 4 nights in a month..

That's too bad and you should write to MS. We stayed at BLT and we too had many issues. We actually got our request (first time after 4 stays), so I guess it does happen. We found the CMs in the lobby to be unfriendly and "snarky" and actually made us feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. However, the DVC CMs where friendly and always greeted us.

I have read about mousekeeping complaints more and more lately at most resorts and I think that Disney outsourcing housekeeping has really taken its toll. Not that it excuses issues but I think that when housekeeping were in house employees we didn't see this amount of complaints about it

I think that guest service needs to be made aware of the issues so hopefully they will either change companies or bring it back in house instead of outsourcing

I have read about mousekeeping complaints more and more lately at most resorts and I think that Disney outsourcing housekeeping has really taken its toll. Not that it excuses issues but I think that when housekeeping were in house employees we didn't see this amount of complaints about it

I think that guest service needs to be made aware of the issues so hopefully they will either change companies or bring it back in house instead of outsourcing

When was housekeeping outsourced? This is news to me.

This report is making me think about switching resorts, maybe to contemporary. However, we need two rooms and I do not want to make two reservations. I want to be able to walk to the MK so those are the only two resorts I am considering.

I have to do some thinking.

This report is making me think about switching resorts, maybe to contemporary. However, we need two rooms and I do not want to make two reservations. I want to be able to walk to the MK so those are the only two resorts I am considering.

I have to do some thinking.

Yes, please stay at the Contemporary ;)

BLT owners keep paying more in annual dues because the number of guests staying at the Contemporary has been decreasing, resulting in BLT getting stuck with a larger % of the shared mousekeeping budget.

It was on the resort boards a few years ago maybe that isn't the case any longer?

In-room housekeeping was never outsourced.

A very small number of third-shift resort custodial positions--less than 100--were outsourced about 5-7 years ago. Basically folks who polish lobby floors, shampoo hallway rugs, clean public restrooms...all work that is done during overnight hours and involves virtually no interaction with guests.

Housekeeping has always been managed internally.

We just stayed in a BLT studio in June and it was in perfect shape and very clean. I don't think one resort is kept better than any others. It is just bad luck if you get a bad room. We stayed in a BWV room shortly after the renovation and it was horribly filthy. (Out of ten plus DVC trips, the only one we have encountered.)

However, I would report it in case there is a trend beginning to emerge.

We just stayed in a BLT studio in June and it was in perfect shape and very clean. I don't think one resort is kept better than any others. It is just bad luck if you get a bad room. We stayed in a BWV room shortly after the renovation and it was horribly filthy. (Out of ten plus DVC trips, the only one we have encountered.)

However, I would report it in case there is a trend beginning to emerge.

That is reassuring! Thank you!

I hear you on this one. We stayed for the first time at BLT on our newly purchased points in December of 2011. There were so many housekeeping issues that kept cropping up. Over the course of the stay I found more and more! Dirty kitchen, someone elses laundry in the washer, a diaper behind the dresser. I could go on and on. I did not alert mousekeeping as I would find one issue at a time but overall is was really poor. From now on I am going to inspect the whole unit upon arrival. I let DVC know about the stay and did receive a call back. They indicated that they would note on my future stays that I would like a clean room! (like I don't!) It was really ridiculous. We have another upcoming stay in December so we will see how that goes!

I really don't like hearing this! We will be at BLT in Aug.

Our last trip in Dec was at WLV and that room was a terrible mess! We had so many issues. I really don't want to deal with that again! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter