Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

Is it only rumor that the $75 gift card is through the end of the year? We're booked at PORS for Sep, but were thinking of switching to CBR if they're offering the gift card still. We're a party of 2 adults so I don't think the construction would really bother us, but the gift cards would be a nice savings.

When you go to book CBR there is the construction notice at the top; if you click on that for details at the bottom of the explanations is where it says the $75 night gift card.

Am I the only one thinking of switching TO CBR during construction? Would that be crazy? It's one adult one child, and the $75/day GF would pay for bulk of our meals.

This week I was still trying to decide where to stay for a May trip with my parents (so need two rooms). When I saw the $75 gift card each night I stopped asking their opinion and just booked it. We got an AP rate for the room and then a $525 gift card each on check in that will pay for mostly everything else was too good to pass up! I stayed at CBR last May and I really was impressed with their rooms.

This week I was still trying to decide where to stay for a May trip with my parents (so need two rooms). When I saw the $75 gift card each night I stopped asking their opinion and just booked it. We got an AP rate for the room and then a $525 gift card each on check in that will pay for mostly everything else was too good to pass up! I stayed at CBR last May and I really was impressed with their rooms.

My only hesitation is room discounts haven't come out for our dates yet... hopefully any day now. I've been wanting to switch to a moderate for budgetary reasons (currently booked at BWV), but CBR is only one showing availability for our entire stay.

I wonder if free dining comes out for September will it be available at CBR with the construction/gift card issue? If it is even still an issue in September.

We are currently booked at POR and I'm thinking of trying to switch to CSR since the $75 gc has been posted. I initially booked through Chase UR portal but everything has been linked to Disney after I called them to convert the booking. Wondering if Disney would be able to help with this or if I'd have to contact Chase.

Does anyone know if the $75/a night gift card is for all reservations made for 2017? We have reservations at CBR for 10/20-10/27 and I wasn't sure how this was all going to affect our trip seeing it's still 7 months out.

Am I the only one thinking of switching TO CBR during construction? Would that be crazy? It's one adult one child, and the $75/day GC would pay for bulk of our meals.
I suspect with that kind of offer, CBR is going to be very popular. I had no plans to ever stay there and no plans for a trip until early December. But, with a $75 a night gift card and the current AP rate, it's almost too good an offer to pass up. The only thing holding me back from booking is the only thing available are pirate rooms and I don't like that location. Still, less than $125 per night after gift card for pirate, water view for mid May is hard to say no to.

Am I the only one thinking of switching TO CBR during construction? Would that be crazy? It's one adult one child, and the $75/day GC would pay for bulk of our meals.

I just booked there for our trip just after Thanksgiving. Factoring in the gift card makes it close to the same price the values! As long as the pool stays open we are okay with the construction.

Now if we can get free dining on top of that we would be in heaven :cool1:

Last edited:
I just booked there for our trip just after Thanksgiving. The gift card makes it cheaper than the values! As long as the pool stays open we are okay with the construction.

Now if we can get free dining on top of that we would be in heaven :cool1:

I called Friday and asked about this. I was told if free dining or any other promotion is available we can use it and still get the gift card. We are staying December 9-14 2017!

So typically you can use gift cards to pay your balance... does anyone know if these gift cards can just be credited to your entire bill? The note on the Disney website states "This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. "...

We are currently booked at POR and I'm thinking of trying to switch to CSR since the $75 gc has been posted. I initially booked through Chase UR portal but everything has been linked to Disney after I called them to convert the booking. Wondering if Disney would be able to help with this or if I'd have to contact Chase.
It may have been a typo, but it is Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR), not Coronado Springs Resort (CSR) that has the $75 gift card.

So typically you can use gift cards to pay your balance... does anyone know if these gift cards can just be credited to your entire bill? The note on the Disney website states "This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. "...

I guess we won't know for sure until they start giving them out, but I would assume that it will just be a regular Disney gift card you can use in whatever way you want. They have the Disney Store gift cards and then the Disney gift cards, I wouldn't think that they would come up with another type of gift card that could not be used on resort expenses. That seems too problematic!

I also think for any dates that when you get on to book and the construction notice comes up with the $75 gift card explanation at the bottom that they plan on doing the gift cards. Screenshot it when you book the fall/winter dates. If for some reasons they wouldn't give it to you I think you would have pretty good grounds to complain and Disney would make it right.

Probably depends on if you book room only or a package. A package (free dining is a package) must be paid 30 days in advance. So you could not use this gift card to pay since you wouldn't even have it yet. But if you book a room only reservation, you pay off your balance after you check in. So they might let you use the gift card for that.

For anyone that has booked ... are you just going by the construction notice assuming that the 75$ gc per night will be given at check in or did you get any written confirmation via email or on your reservation at all?
I just booked for October and aside from the construction notice under information I didn't receive a confirmation about getting the gift card in October.

For anyone that has booked ... are you just going by the construction notice assuming that the 75$ gc per night will be given at check in or did you get any written confirmation via email or on your reservation at all?
I just booked for October and aside from the construction notice under information I didn't receive a confirmation about getting the gift card in October.

That's what I'm wondering too. We booked our October 2017 trip this past October and was wondering if we will end up getting the $75.00 gift card deal as well

Has anyone staying in September received an email with the $75 a night offer? I'm in Canada and am hoping to be able to call when the waits aren't hours long to make sure I get it.
yes, we are going in September with bounceback free dining and we still get the 75 dollar gift card per night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter