Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

We might be neighbors....we are going mid December as well. We really wanted POR or FQ because of the boat to DS. My New-to-Disney Fiancee fell in love with DS and said that was one of his favorite things to do.

We are traveling with my son & DIL 12/9 - 16. She hasn't been since she was a little girl. She would have loved FQ too. But they are very happy for the savings, so CBR it is! See you there!

Good to hear the reports that the gift card will be given all year. I know, not confirmed, lol! We are going in mid December on a free dining bounceback. I called last week with the first reports of closures. CM wouldn't move me because POR & FQ weren't participating in the free dining for our dates originally. But I did get the $75 off the room rate. Now I'm wondering if we'll get the gift card too. I know, kind of greedy! :rotfl2: But I don't think they're gonna go thru all the reservations and see which few got that discount. I certainly won't fight it if they don't give it to us. Just thinking it will be a routine thing to just hand it to everyone at check in. They should have just moved us & we would still be paying them rack rate!

December, Free Dining, plus 150 dollars per day - Wow!!
That should put you in the best holiday spirit!

How did you get 75 off per nt and 75 per nt gift cards? ?? I'm going in august with a fd bounce back and never got an email I just read about it online. I've heard of others getting upgrades as well..anyone gr g upgraded to deluxe resort? I wonder what's the best senerio

Just talked to someone who was given a 1br in Saratoga for her November reservation.

My $75/night discount has already been applied to my balance owing so I know that is going to be provided. 2-3 days later I received the email with the $75 gift card per night, so yes I fully expect to receive both discounts, but will be bringing the email with me just in case

That would be great!!!! I didn't get any emails about the gift cards though...we don't go until June so maybe something later...

How did you get 75 off per nt and 75 per nt gift cards? ?? I'm going in august with a fd bounce back and never got an email I just read about it online. I've heard of others getting upgrades as well..anyone gr g upgraded to deluxe resort? I wonder what's the best senerio

We booked a free dining bounceback last September for this December. When the news broke last week about all the construction & closings, I called & requested to be moved to POR or FQ. (Others on the Dis were reporting getting moved or being offered $75 off per night at CBR). The CM refused to move us, saying we could only move to Coronado because that was the only other moderate resort that had originally offered the free dining for my dates. She did offer me the $75 off per night which I accepted. I called last Friday morning. Later that day people who called were told the offer of $75 was no longer available & they would be given a gift card on check in. The gift card was originally $25 per room per night but was increased the next day to $75.

I have not received an email saying I will get the gift card too, but my trip is still 9 months away, so I don't expect it yet. But DisneyRookie2007 has the same type situation. Looks like she will get both from the quote above. I don't expect anyone else will be given the $75 discount per night & the gift card. I think that was Disney's fault for not being prepared to deal with the construction announcement. They seem to have a solid plan now & probably won't change it again.

Checked-in online this morning for two-night April 29-May1 stay. Received email this morning explaining construction and offering $75 per day gift card. So who knows when the construction is actually starting.

Funny aside. Our stay follows our Fantasy cruise. It's cheaper to stay two nights and fly home Monday than to jet Saturday after the cruise (Saturday afternoon fares will make you sea and air sick). No parks. Just hang out. The only cost would be food. Now I guess that's free too!

(Yes, I know it's weird to stay at the CBR after doing a Caribbean cruise)
I just booked the same dates. It precedes our Dream cruise. I've never stayed at this resort. We actually haven't been to WDW in 5 years. We've been cruising all over the place. I booked this because it was the only resort available with the discount. It will be interesting to see if I get an email. If I get there and everythings closed I won't be shy about demanding the gift card.

Off topic, but wondering if anyone knows this. We are booked at Beach club after the cruise. Will my tickets be linked to both hotels so we can book fast passes. So far I was only able to book FP for our stay at CBR.

I just booked the same dates. It precedes our Dream cruise. I've never stayed at this resort. We actually haven't been to WDW in 5 years. We've been cruising all over the place. I booked this because it was the only resort available with the discount. It will be interesting to see if I get an email. If I get there and everythings closed I won't be shy about demanding the gift card.

Off topic, but wondering if anyone knows this. We are booked at Beach club after the cruise. Will my tickets be linked to both hotels so we can book fast passes. So far I was only able to book FP for our stay at CBR.

Your tickets are linked to your My Disney Experience account. You can book fastpasses 60 days from your resort check in. Your tickets will expire 14 days from first use. You should be able to book your fastpasses 60 days before your BC stay, as long as it is within 14 days from their original use.

I switched to a studio at ssr and paid to do so before further info came out..

Called up yesterday..cm was definitely stressed however pleasant enough and stated I could have ssr at the price of cbr-however when revised invoice came through its not reduced?!?!?

So I shall be listening to tunes again later & hopefully issue resolved.

I have been following this thread and the CBR thread since the construction was announced. My TA was on vacation and as each day passed my anxiety just worsened. We booked CBR last october as a free dining bounceback for June. As of tonight, we have been moved to Art of Animation in a Cars suite. I cannot even contain my excitement. My oldest son is 7 and has been Lightening McQueen's number 1 fan since he was a baby. Although the $525 GC would have been nice, I feel as though this will be a forever lasting memory for my oldest before everything becomes "boring/stupid/dumb (etc)".

I have been following this thread and the CBR thread since the construction was announced. My TA was on vacation and as each day passed my anxiety just worsened. We booked CBR last october as a free dining bounceback for June. As of tonight, we have been moved to Art of Animation in a Cars suite. I cannot even contain my excitement. My oldest son is 7 and has been Lightening McQueen's number 1 fan since he was a baby. Although the $525 GC would have been nice, I feel as though this will be a forever lasting memory for my oldest before everything becomes "boring/stupid/dumb (etc)".

I agree that with you littles boy, this is a positive move! Have a blast!

Noticed this on the Disney website.

"As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017."

This contradicts the email I received offering the gift card for our Apr 29, 30 stay. But it makes sense if construction isn't beginning until May 1.

Our reason for wanting to know is that as Canadians we have to bring US dollars and if we have $150 in gift cards it changes how much we have to bring.

Last edited:
Just checking... this $75 gift card offer is good for stays thru the end of the year?
Can we use gift cards to pay tips at TS meals?

Noticed this on the Disney website.

"As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017."

This contradicts the email I received offering the gift card for our Apr 29, 30 stay. But it makes sense if construction isn't beginning until May 1.

Never been so confused in all my life, lol. People with a 4/24-4/27 stay got the email. Going to be some anger if that's now denied at check-in. For my 4/24-5/4 stay, I have no idea if the gift certificate will received for just the days after May 1, the full duration of the stay, or none at all (obviously checking in before May 1). Ughhhhhhhhhh

Is it only rumor that the $75 gift card is through the end of the year? We're booked at PORS for Sep, but were thinking of switching to CBR if they're offering the gift card still. We're a party of 2 adults so I don't think the construction would really bother us, but the gift cards would be a nice savings.

Is it only rumor that the $75 gift card is through the end of the year? We're booked at PORS for Sep, but were thinking of switching to CBR if they're offering the gift card still. We're a party of 2 adults so I don't think the construction would really bother us, but the gift cards would be a nice savings.

No, it's not a rumor.

Am I the only one thinking of switching TO CBR during construction? Would that be crazy? It's one adult one child, and the $75/day GC would pay for bulk of our meals.

Last edited:
Am I the only one thinking of switching TO CBR during construction? Would that be crazy? It's one adult one child, and the $75/day GF would pay for bulk of our meals.

I though about it but the only availability I can find in July is $277 pirate rooms. Not a terrible deal with the $75 gc but not extremely attractive either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter