reassure me we wont lost FP if change resort

pixiedust2u

Mouseketeer
New here as a poster, but have been a lurker to help me with our upcoming trip. A lot has changed since our last Disney getaway in 2009.

I have 6 night reservation Sunday- Saturday for Poly beginning of May. My Dad has 3 night (Saturday- Tuesday) reservation currently for POR that overlaps our stay. We are all heading to MK on Monday. Our FP+ reservations are already made for all of us riding together.

Here's my question. My dad is considering switching his Monday night reservation to the Poly, so we can all enjoy pool day together Tuesday. So he'd check out of POR Monday AM and check into Poly Monday evening after the MK. IF he does this, would we lose our fast pass reservations for Monday at MK? I called and spoke to CM who was pretty sure we would not. But I need more reassurance... reassure me please! I have perfect FP reservations for MK and get anxiety just thinking about losing them !

So far I haven't seen anyone report having their fastpasses canceled after canceling or changing a resort reservation.

So far I haven't seen anyone report having their fastpasses canceled after canceling or changing a resort reservation.

Switching resorts is no problem. With the new changes, if you cancel and don't rebook an on site resort within 48 hours you will loose your FP+ reservations.

Switching resorts is no problem. With the new changes, if you cancel and don't rebook an on site resort within 48 hours you will loose your FP+ reservations.

That's what the report said will happen, but nobody in the thread on the rumors board has heard of or experienced it actually happening.

That's what the report said will happen, but nobody in the thread on the rumors board has heard of or experienced it actually happening.

Happened to my parents. They have APs, had a room only booked from April 27th to May 4th. All FP+ reservations were made at the 60 day mark. This past Thursday they wanted to modify the room only to different dates. They couldn't find anything they liked so they ended up cancelling and were going to check again this week. Logged into MDE this morning and all their FP+ reservations were gone.

Not sure how many you have in your party, but you can add your dad to your reservation for the one night (after you check in) so that he can enjoy the pool with you all and he can keep his PoR reservation...that way you don’t risk losing anything.

Not sure how many you have in your party, but you can add your dad to your reservation for the one night (after you check in) so that he can enjoy the pool with you all and he can keep his PoR reservation...that way you don’t risk losing anything.

Thanks for the idea... if it were just him I'd consider. But it's him, my step mom and 20 yr old sister. I think that's pushing it and I don't want to do anything against the rules. Looking like they will either have to switch their resort for the night, or not join us at the pool Tuesday.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. Now just waiting to see if we can get my step mom on board with switching for the night. Fingers crossed!

Happened to my parents. They have APs, had a room only booked from April 27th to May 4th. All FP+ reservations were made at the 60 day mark. This past Thursday they wanted to modify the room only to different dates. They couldn't find anything they liked so they ended up cancelling and were going to check again this week. Logged into MDE this morning and all their FP+ reservations were gone.

Did they get an email about the pending cancellation (before the FPs were cancelled)?

Was it more than 30 days or less than 30 days from check in?
I believe this is a key

Now that they closed the other thread discussing this - anyone Inow where you can get any more data? The case described above involves cancelling outside of 30 days with no replacement reservation. There are tons of other fact patterns that we still don’t know whether or not they’re within the new policy. Some are clearly not sanctioned like a straight cancellation within 30 days. But some legitimate ones - such as cancelling and rebooking a stay with slightly changed dates - may still be fine. Basically - I want to know has anyone had a FP cancelled for a day where they still have an actually reservation. And if you get a warning to rebook - and data on whether the trip has to be exact same dates to keep any of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!