reassure me we wont lost FP if change resort

has there been any more updates on this? where was Reetz seeing that Disney was in fact cancelling these now?
I have looked some and not found anything on when the resort was canceled at less than 30 days, only at over 30 days.

Will it cancel ADR's? I am purchasing return tickets soon, but waiting on kids sports schedules for when we are leaving. My question:

If I book a room in front of my current DVC rented point room, make ADR 180+ days from the first reservation, and end up canceling that due to sports schedules inside the 180 day window of the DVC stay, will my ADR be lost?

Asking because we are either arriving the day before Presidents day or the Friday before Presidents day. I plan on being up at 3:00 am PST to get a PPO Be Our Guest reservation, ideally for Presidents Day.

Will it cancel ADR's? I am purchasing return tickets soon, but waiting on kids sports schedules for when we are leaving. My question:

If I book a room in front of my current DVC rented point room, make ADR 180+ days from the first reservation, and end up canceling that due to sports schedules inside the 180 day window of the DVC stay, will my ADR be lost?

Asking because we are either arriving the day before Presidents day or the Friday before Presidents day. I plan on being up at 3:00 am PST to get a PPO Be Our Guest reservation, ideally for Presidents Day.
ADRs remain. *ANYONE* can make ADRs at 180 days; you do NOT have to be a resort guest. The only advantage is the +length of stay, but I have never found that the +length of stay represents an advantage over what I can find over the next 6 months.

ADRs remain. *ANYONE* can make ADRs at 180 days; you do NOT have to be a resort guest. The only advantage is the +length of stay, but I have never found that the +length of stay represents an advantage over what I can find over the next 6 months.
I believe this is a similar reason FP related to a resort changed less than 30 days remain. ANYONE can book FP at less than 30 days. Well, anyone with ticket entitlements of some sort

From reading this it sounds like we were misinformed by a CM, but when we wanted to switch resorts at under 30 days in February, we were told we would lose our FP as the package would have to be cancelled and rebooked and our tickets (which the FPs are tied to) would be cancelled.

From reading this it sounds like we were misinformed by a CM, but when we wanted to switch resorts at under 30 days in February, we were told we would lose our FP as the package would have to be cancelled and rebooked and our tickets (which the FPs are tied to) would be cancelled.
Did the CM think you weren't getting more tickets or something?
Otherwise, that's just item 1000 on the list of things that CMs get wrong

Did the CM think you weren't getting more tickets or something?
Otherwise, that's just item 1000 on the list of things that CMs get wrong
We just wanted to change resorts as a more desirable resort popped up under the discount, not getting rid of tickets. I know asking five different CMs the same questions can yield five different answers!

We just wanted to change resorts as a more desirable resort popped up under the discount, not getting rid of tickets. I know asking five different CMs the same questions can yield five different answers!
If you aren't changing from package to room only, or other way around, then it doesn't even require canceling and rebooking anyway.
Heck, that's why I do my resort change bookings online, just avoid dealing with ridiculously uninformed CMs whenever possible. The stuff that can come out of their mouths is legendarily awful. We should write a book.

If you aren't changing from package to room only, or other way around, then it doesn't even require canceling and rebooking anyway.
Heck, that's why I do my resort change bookings online, just avoid dealing with ridiculously uninformed CMs whenever possible. The stuff that can come out of their mouths is legendarily awful. We should write a book.

I'm not a Disney expert by any means, but I frequently think ("I know more than you") when talking to CMs :rotfl2:.
To the OP, good luck with your arrangements!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter