READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work. AoA, wireless, Galaxy S20, joined as soon as it turned 7 and no groups available. Ouch!
Agreed - I think I might have been happier coming before this new process when it seemed like you had a few minutes instead of 3 seconds. Yacht Club, on data... Immediately at 7 using atomic clock... No groups available. Will try at 2pm from inside the park, I guess. Have a second park reservation for Wednesday... Hoping for better luck.

Agreed - I think I might have been happier coming before this new process when it seemed like you had a few minutes instead of 3 seconds. Yacht Club, on data... Immediately at 7 using atomic clock... No groups available. Will try at 2pm from inside the park, I guess. Have a second park reservation for Wednesday... Hoping for better luck.
Try running a speed check for up/download speeds. When we scored group #1 (wifi in Cocoa Beach) our upload speed was 260-300, download was 60. That is relatively fast. Our Verizon server was only 110, 30.

Having scored multiple BGs early this year in January at Disneyland, I can say that speeds do make a difference. (Especially here at DWHS where everyone is going for the BG at 0700). Check your speeds today, find the location with the best speed and go there at 2pm. If not today, then I hope you get one Wednesday, the ride is worth the stress I swear. Best wishes

Try running a speed check for up/download speeds. When we scored group #1 (wifi in Cocoa Beach) our upload speed was 260-300, download was 60. That is relatively fast. Our Verizon server was only 110, 30.

Having scored multiple BGs early this year in January at Disneyland, I can say that speeds do make a difference. (Especially here at DWHS where everyone is going for the BG at 0700). Check your speeds today, find the location with the best speed and go there at 2pm. If not today, then I hope you get one Wednesday, the ride is worth the stress I swear. Best wishes
Prior to shutdown I remember someone saying that over near the entrance to Disney Jr Play and Dance line had a good wifi signal. You may wish to try there.

I was “successful” in my practices at 7 AND at 2 today! The tip to align the first join button with the second is great! Let’s just hope it’s the same on the actual trip...

Wow, ROTR is really struggling... as of 5:11 PM, groups 1-14 are being boarded... they better figure this out in the next month
Wow! This hasn't happened that I'm aware since the lightning episode in the summer. Curious, is there anything they do for those who had BGs that are not backup groups or is it just an unfortunate day for all those who are unable to ride?

As far as i know there's no set guest recovery
My husband and daughter got a fp AND a 1 day ticket to HS when their boarding group(last one of the night) had to evacuate. . Thinking that type of recovery is not in the budget....this was back in February before the parks closed down.

Last edited:
Wow! This hasn't happened that I'm aware since the lightning episode in the summer. Curious, is there anything they do for those who had BGs that are not backup groups or is it just an unfortunate day for all those who are unable to ride?
As far as i know there's no set guest recovery
When we were there in March they told us the only time there would be guest recovery was when your boarding group was called and you were evacuated from the line. And then it was only a fast-pass for when the ride was back up the same day. We were able to have them move the fast pass to the next day for us because we had a park hopper ticket and were willing to come back, but they absolutely would not have given us a ticket if we hadn't had the hopper. And, since hopping is out for the rest of this month, I'd guess if you didn't make it into line, you were out of luck for any type of recovery.

Hoping for a better day today. Meeting some friends at HS today, and one of them hasn't been on it yet.

BG 27 this morning, but they haven't starting calling groups yet 10 min after opening. Fingers crossed.

I did a practice run this AM prior to my visit next Tuesday, I got as far as adding people to my group and then I got a message that said "Not so fast, we don't see a park reservation for you" Is this new? I will be thrilled if this is the case because it will cut down on people like me practicing snagging the BG from home. I was wondering how all of you were able to get BG from home when it says you have to have a park reservation??

I did a practice run this AM prior to my visit next Tuesday, I got as far as adding people to my group and then I got a message that said "Not so fast, we don't see a park reservation for you" Is this new? I will be thrilled if this is the case because it will cut down on people like me practicing snagging the BG from home. I was wondering how all of you were able to get BG from home when it says you have to have a park reservation??
No one gets a bg from home, the message you see means that If you did have a park reservation you would have a bg number.
Only times people from home get a bg is when there's a glitch, since the ride opened a year ago this has happened 4 times

No one gets a bg from home, the message you see means that If you did have a park reservation you would have a bg number.
Only times people from home get a bg is when there's a glitch, since the ride opened a year ago this has happened 4 times

Thanks! I was wondering how people were getting the BG from home, that it explains it...they aren't. Well fingers crossed we get one next week!!

We did the same and got that message also! We will be there Tuesday also! Good luck to both of us!!!

Thanks! I was wondering how people were getting the BG from home, that it explains it...they aren't. Well fingers crossed we get one next week!!

Just to clarify - you do get a BG from home at 7:00 if you have a park reservation. Those few times in the past prior to the park reservation system when people were getting BG's while practicing were glitches in the App. You cannot get a BG from home at the 2:00 PM drop though, you must be inside of DHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter