READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time to have something to contribute after some stalking! A friend is there today so I logged in from home to help him.
He got to park at 545 and joined crowd toward MMRR.
They let that queue go forward at 7:30, so he was approaching boarding at 7:55, eek!!
Right before boarding, it was 7:59 so he and i were both on trying.
I was able to get his BG from home on home WIFI (using atomic clock on PC, opened at 7:59:55, and I had to remove his wife and add him since his wife is primary on MDE and not there!)
Got him group 18!
He was off MMRR by 8:10, did SR on Falcon (SR line was about 10 mins), and his BG was called at 8:25 with 1 hour return.
By 9:20 he had done MMRR, MFSR, and ROTR! Not too shabby!

Does anyone have any experience on how long to wait to get an afternoon boarding group? Does waiting 20-30 seconds work, or are boarding groups assigned randomly?

my advice is to try to get a boarding group and not worry about the expiration time. They will let you on the ride even if you are late. People get trapped in long standby lines all the time. :)
OT but I'm sure most are wondering, how bad did the MMRR queue look like? did they load the queue or are people waiting at some point before being able to join the queue
We walked past the standby line at 8:40 and it was huge. It filled half the plaza. It was totally gone by the time we walked past it at 9:45. There was a 2 hour standby time for MMRR by then. So the ride can hold a lot of standby people

My first time to have something to contribute after some stalking! A friend is there today so I logged in from home to help him.
He got to park at 545 and joined crowd toward MMRR.
They let that queue go forward at 7:30, so he was approaching boarding at 7:55, eek!!
Right before boarding, it was 7:59 so he and i were both on trying.
I was able to get his BG from home on home WIFI (using atomic clock on PC, opened at 7:59:55, and I had to remove his wife and add him since his wife is primary on MDE and not there!)
Got him group 18!
He was off MMRR by 8:10, did SR on Falcon (SR line was about 10 mins), and his BG was called at 8:25 with 1 hour return.
By 9:20 he had done MMRR, MFSR, and ROTR! Not too shabby!
Interesting. I am (somewhat selfishly) hoping they continue opening that queue early since my friends and I have FP+ for MMRR on Sunday. Maybe it will help us get our BG more easily.

there is a spoiler free and a spoiler thread for your first 2 questions, no discussion of the actual ride is done here
3. yes rider swap is available and everyone wanting to ride need to get a bg
remember you don't need to read through the 600 pages, as the title of the thread says read post 1 and 2 for FAQ

Sorry about that! I'll look for the other thread. Please delete if needed.

Husband and I both got "something went wrong" messages today. We did everything according to tips here, but somehow it didn't work. Got in line with others for help from the guest services team, got bg 60.
First report I can think of where you got a regular BG after waiting through that line with a problem that wasn’t combining two boarding groups or adding people who didn’t show up. They always look so long. That’s good to hear.

Our original plan was to rope drop that- but slow husband and children this morning got us out the door later that I wanted. Once we saw that line we called an audible

Sorry to be off topic from this thread, but following the wait times yesterday for MMRR it seemed to peak int he morning with rope drop crowds and then settled to about an hour or so ....

Obviosuly opening day is different that today, but just a thought that you might want to keep an eye on wait times later in the day - might actually wind up being less of a wait than if you rope dropped it

Practicing today and had the first time not all my folk
Same here. WiFi and blue tooth off. Counted to 2

eveyone around us. Got 50 or higher and cheering. We were quietly gloating inside and I know it was only bc I read these posts like nuts for the past week!!! We didn’t even bother rope dropping slinky dog. Killing time with a walk on toy story mania and alien saucers.

totally helps my plan today bc I fast passes starting at 11 at MK. We weren’t supposed to come until this morning! We changed our flight last minute and arrived last night. We are crazy.

How does turning off Bluetooth help? Is it with speed?

Sorry to be off topic from this thread, but following the wait times yesterday for MMRR it seemed to peak int he morning with rope drop crowds and then settled to about an hour or so ....

Obviosuly opening day is different that today, but just a thought that you might want to keep an eye on wait times later in the day - might actually wind up being less of a wait than if you rope dropped it
and adding to the OT, DO NOT wait until the very end of the night, the queue closed earlier than the park because it ballooned again to 2 hour plus. But yes, midday it did get better, although it did have about 3 times that it shutdown

Hey guys,
So, it's been a week since our DHS day. Last Thursday the day after the crazy glitch day and the second day of the rough 2-day stretch after a week of good days. Things seem to be trending well again, but as was stated earlier, please remember that there can remain unexpected and unexplained bad days or stretches at any time. That's EXACTLY what occurred with us. It actually did not affect our RotR experience personally, (had BG35 and was eventually able to ride about 1pm-ish, I think). But there was down time, plus times where they were open, but only for FP returners and not BG holders. Then, with down time, you can get stuck in the queue line. Again, fortunately, this did not happen to us, but what DID, was that SDD went down at least 3 times and ToT also went down twice, and was limited to only half the building working. We had no plan to RD anything, so we had some time to kill in the beginning before beginning our day. We made some audibles throughout our day as our FP times got converted, had to adjust our DAS usage, and really tried to avoid criss-crossing the park. DHS was packed. BGs slowly crept up in the low 30s, so we stayed around, but got stuck on 34 just before us. It eventually got to us at 35, and the CM was kind enough to let us know about how long the existing queue line would be. Our youngest uses DAS and most of our family are big imagineering/Disney/SW fans, so we wanted to experience the entire queue. But, we had to be flexible for our youngest's needs and bypassed that for the FP queue, missed a couple queue elements, but got on right away (about 15 to 20 minutes). What worked for us was deciding ahead of time what other, secondary experiences would be good fillers on a bad day. We ended up walking through Municiberg, One Man's Dream, and Little Mermaid. 3 things we've actually never done at DHS in our multiple trips. Many of us are compulsive WDW planners, though I will always plug a DL trip if you want to enjoy Disney without massive planning, but it may not be a bad idea to come up with a couple of different plans, even about 4 or 5 of them, based on what BG number you get, and then as the day goes along, you have some options on what to work with. If you have multiple days, it may not be a huge deal, but if you only have one day or less (we had to leave DHS no later than 5), extra planning may give you the best opportunity to maximize your day, especially with MMRR open(which wasn't open when we were there) and if/when tech/ride operations are subpar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter