READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT but I'm sure most are wondering, how bad did the MMRR queue look like? did they load the queue or are people waiting at some point before being able to join the queue
The que is loaded. And it looked long... wrapped into the courtyard and totally roped off. We want to ride it but decided this trip if we miss it we will be ok with it. We came for GE
Unless they've improved the wifi within the MMRR building I hope they're not loading people inside the building before 8am. I've found it's often very difficult to get a signal inside that building but that may have changed as they switched the ride over to MMRR.

Practiced today at home and no trouble having the Join button turn red, however when I clicked My Status, the Join button on that page NEVER activated blue. So strange how sometimes one works, the other works, or neither activates.

That's what we did last week: groups 12 and 3 on two tricky days. Have app open, but don't click on "Find Out More" until 8:00:01. Worked for us!
Same here. WiFi and blue tooth off. Counted to 2

eveyone around us. Got 50 or higher and cheering. We were quietly gloating inside and I know it was only bc I read these posts like nuts for the past week!!! We didn’t even bother rope dropping slinky dog. Killing time with a walk on toy story mania and alien saucers.

totally helps my plan today bc I fast passes starting at 11 at MK. We weren’t supposed to come until this morning! We changed our flight last minute and arrived last night. We are crazy.

That's what we did last week: groups 12 and 3 on two tricky days. Have app open, but don't click on "Find Out More" until 8:00:01. Worked for us!
Did you stay on the main page of the app, and waiting until after 8 and then clicking find out more, or do you toggle back and forth between other parts in the app and go to the main page right at 8? I've practiced some times at home and don't seem to get the same experiences people write about on here with getting that red button by waiting a few seconds after, I still have to click my status.

Did you stay on the main page of the app, and waiting until after 8 and then clicking find out more, or do you toggle back and forth between other parts in the app and go to the main page right at 8? I've practiced some times at home and don't seem to get the same experiences people write about on here with getting that red button by waiting a few seconds after, I still have to click my status.
what has been the most consistent method since opening is hard closing the app on your phone first then opening the app a minute or two before opening time, not touching anything, no toggle, no checking, nothing, and at opening time hit the find out more button

My apologies if this has been answered already. While practicing at home I've been able hit "Find Out More" and each time I see an Estimated Wait: Boarding Group. Is this the usual while practicing or should I see and actual boarding group number. Thank you!

Does this give you an idea of the line for mmrr?? Picture not great at 844am. On my walk to board for RoTR (bg17) Will add was handed free popcorn by a cast member on my way!

Attachments

• 043D4305-4D86-40F9-AD2B-2F1C2D6F02C6.jpeg
    043D4305-4D86-40F9-AD2B-2F1C2D6F02C6.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 119
My apologies if this has been answered already. While practicing at home I've been able hit "Find Out More" and each time I see an Estimated Wait: Boarding Group. Is this the usual while practicing or should I see and actual boarding group number. Thank you!
Normal. It switches to "backup group" or just "backup" once all regular groups have been distributed.

Why? If you see "boarding group", that means you got in early enough for a regular group and you're doing it right. :)
What Iowamom said is true. If you see just boarding group, hit join ASAP lol cause it means backups haven't begun. Soon as it goes to backup it will say "Backup Group" and today that was at 8:01 a.m. (possibly a few seconds earlier).

Also @kdfogliano eep regarding the line, but cool about the popcorn!

I had a rare morning to sleep in workbook no kids around. I got up at 8:50 and was surprised to be backups still available. In fact still there at 8:58- I’m liking this trend.

First and foremost, thanks for all of the incredibly helpful information in this thread! GE was being built when I last visited (Fall 2018), so all of this has really helped the Wife and I prepare for our trip this Fall. And yes, I've been practicing to get a BG for a month or two now :) .

A few questions that might (or might not) have been answered somewhere within these 600+ pages:

1. Does this ride cause motion sickness? Wife gets this on certain things like Star Tours (motion simulators), but she's able to ride other aggressive rides (EE, SM, BTM, etc). I've learned that she'll need to sit in the back for MFSR to avoid getting sick, but wanted to see if there's any tips/insight for riding RotR.

2. How rough is this ride? Wife's grandfather is coming with us (DD's first trip), and he has a bad back. As a Star Wars fan, I know he wants to ride this, but we'd obviously like to make sure that he's not going to be in pain after riding it. Also, is the cart low to the ground? It doesn't appear to be the case from pictures (we don't want to watch videos, as we're afraid that it will spoil the ride), but wanted to confirm.

3. Is rider swap available? In the ideal scenario, my Wife, her mother, grandfather, and I can all ride this. Issue is, DD will only be 18 months old so she's not going to be able to ride. Worst case, someone has to sit out (likely my MIL, since she's not a big Star Wars fan anyway), but it sounds like everyone wants to ride this so we'll either need to do two different boarding groups or use rider swap.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated!

First and foremost, thanks for all of the incredibly helpful information in this thread! GE was being built when I last visited (Fall 2018), so all of this has really helped the Wife and I prepare for our trip this Fall. And yes, I've been practicing to get a BG for a month or two now :) .

A few questions that might (or might not) have been answered somewhere within these 600+ pages:

1. Does this ride cause motion sickness? Wife gets this on certain things like Star Tours (motion simulators), but she's able to ride other aggressive rides (EE, SM, BTM, etc). I've learned that she'll need to sit in the back for MFSR to avoid getting sick, but wanted to see if there's any tips/insight for riding RotR.

2. How rough is this ride? Wife's grandfather is coming with us (DD's first trip), and he has a bad back. As a Star Wars fan, I know he wants to ride this, but we'd obviously like to make sure that he's not going to be in pain after riding it. Also, is the cart low to the ground? It doesn't appear to be the case from pictures (we don't want to watch videos, as we're afraid that it will spoil the ride), but wanted to confirm.

3. Is rider swap available? In the ideal scenario, my Wife, her mother, grandfather, and I can all ride this. Issue is, DD will only be 18 months old so she's not going to be able to ride. Worst case, someone has to sit out (likely my MIL, since she's not a big Star Wars fan anyway), but it sounds like everyone wants to ride this so we'll either need to do two different boarding groups or use rider swap.

there is a spoiler free and a spoiler thread for your first 2 questions, no discussion of the actual ride is done here
3. yes rider swap is available and everyone wanting to ride need to get a bg
remember you don't need to read through the 600 pages, as the title of the thread says read post 1 and 2 for FAQ

You should really post this on a different RotR thread, because many of these questions are difficult to answer while remaining spoiler-free. That being said, rider swap is available and, in my opinion, the ride isn't rough.

But please go to a thread full of spoilers and detailed info about the ride if you want something more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter