READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that there are 9 "empty" BG's today, as we've been assuming those are related to how many recovery fastpasses were given out the day before. But yesterday was a good day!?

I don’t think it’s that weird, as much as we’ve speculated there doesn’t appear to have been anything definitive we can see from the outside for the starting number. Could be anything from a standard amount kept open relating to guest recovery to NPH secretly being in Disney looping through RotR every morning.

Maybe they bumped it up because of the delay so it looks like they're doing better than they really are?
Well, and remember, delays could be extra running maintenance, or VIPs riding, in combination with recovery FPs. Also, they might to push breakfast orders and early sales of blue milk 😛

I don’t think it’s that weird, as much as we’ve speculated there doesn’t appear to have been anything definitive we can see from the outside for the starting number. Could be anything from a standard amount kept open relating to guest recovery to NPH secretly being in Disney looping through RotR every morning.

Yeah, I probably should have said "I" instead of "we". There did seem to be strong evidence for the theory, but 🤷‍♀️.

Well, and remember, delays could be extra running maintenance, or VIPs riding, in combination with recovery FPs.

Knowing there would be a delayed start makes as much sense as anything! Just wish I could wrap my mind around what those empties represent to them. Maybe they are trying to build some consistency into when boarding groups will be called.

Sharing my day so far...we got to DHS at 6:55 and got through security shortly thereafter. Not sure what time we tapped in but we stayed to the right and was able to get in faster than the lines to the left. My daughter got us BG 16 using her iPhone on LTE. Our BG was called when we were in Oga’s around 9:55. We got in line around 10:05 and have been waiting every since. They came around with rations and we just got a free pic with Chewbacca. Hopefully the ride will be back up soon. Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences so far!

Now if we could only break the Fri curse before my trip, that would be great. :rotfl2:

Sort of uncomfortably fast Backup BG fill time today. Not to be alarmist, but those going this holiday weekend should be on notice.

Flying in tonight *just* to do RotR (will be in WDW for about 60ish hours). It's my DD's and I last hurrah as Passholders. Will try for a BG tomorrow and hoping the combination of Friday curse, holiday weekend and what appears to be a *really* bad start today do not conspire against us tomorrow. I mean, how much worse can this get when reg BGs are gone in 40 seconds and backup BGs are gone in 2 minutes? (I guess I should not tempt it, we could be seeing regular BGs go in 20 seconds and backups gone in 1 minute!)

Thanks to The Chart and this thread, I'm as ready and prepared as I can be. I will post updates. @MommaBerd MTFBWY tomorrow!

We will arrive at Disney Saturday night and are trying for ROTR on Sunday morning. We will not get our hopes up. I think we will give it a couple of shots during our week. If we don’t get to ride, we will be back for 2 weeks in June. I just feel for those who don’t get to ride and have planned their entire trip around it.

Go to GET and say something like "We have dining reservations tonight and I saw that I have a pretty late boarding group. Do you think I will be able to make my reservations?"

I think someone said they asked the CM at the entrance of the attraction a question like this, and they were let right into the queue then and there! Obviously don't expect anything but worth a try
We asked for assistance with this same issue, because the ride kept stopping (it was a notorious Friday in January) and we were told to cancel our ADR. They definitely didn't offer to move us up or let us ride right then. To clarify, we had regular BG, not a Backup.

I think I finally got through today at 8:02 and ended up with 116. My button didn’t show up and I needed to restart the app, and my wife only had herself show up so she couldn’t add me and the kids. Also doesn’t look like anyone is boarding yet (8:45 now), so looks like we won’t get to ride today. Annoying, since we got the kids up super early and were at the park at 6:50 this morning.
Update: spoke to GET and they basically told us “better luck tomorrow.”

I’ve read aaaaaalllllll 483 pages as research for my birthday trip next week, and I think I’m about as prepared as I can be. Luckily there will only be 2 of us trying for a BG, and our days to try will be 2/25 and 2/29, a Tuesday and a Saturday. I hope the Wednesday/Friday curse doesn’t migrate to those days, but at this point who knows? I’ll just be happy to be back in Disney after 10 years, I’ll take what I can get at this point! :laughing:

After reading today's reports, I'm changing my very low probability theory. Rise isn't going FP before MMRR opens. I held out hope, but really I think I was unrealistic.

I was selfishly hoping against hope, however minuscule, that it would go to FP by May. Today reality hit and I realize I was maybe huffing pixie dust. But this is why I'm not pinning all my hopes on May the 4th and we have a longer trip with a lot of HS opportunities.

I can really only practice on the weekends too, since at 8am during the week I'm usually on the subway with spotty data coverage.

I was selfishly hoping against hope, however minuscule, that it would go to FP by May. Today reality hit and I realize I was maybe huffing pixie dust. But this is why I'm not pinning all my hopes on May the 4th and we have a longer trip with a lot of HS opportunities.

I can really only practice on the weekends too, since at 8am during the week I'm usually on the subway with spotty data coverage.

I think the fact that they have extended the switch from AM EMH to PM EMH through the end of August is an indicator they expect to be using boarding groups through at least the end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter