READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left hotel at 6:00, arrived at 6:20. In the park about 6:30. Right at 7:00 had a major glitch. App said 1 in the group wasn’t in the park.
Had 3 trying and got a backup BG #86. Frustrating when everyone was cheering and I’m cursing silently to myself. Hopeful we get called.

Obviously doesn't help you now but in the past people in your situation have had success in joining a BG with just those recognized properly and then going to a GET team member and they can see that the person isn't recognized as in the park and can add them

So seems like best plan is to take what you can get and then go to GET vs risk not getting a primary BG

Anyone taken the bus from Saratoga Springs? What time did it arrive? Which area of the resort?

I’ll be going in 25 days and we will probably just Lyft but would like to know the bus sitch

Best to have all members trying and logged into the same acct.
Not going to HS for a while but reading here on how to have best possibility to obtain boarding group.

So, even though DH has his own MDE, best that he is using my login when trying? That's not causing any issues for anyone, being logged into same MDE account to try to get a boarding group?

Not going to HS for a while but reading here on how to have best possibility to obtain boarding group.

So, even though DH has his own MDE, best that he is using my login when trying? That's not causing any issues for anyone, being logged into same MDE account to try to get a boarding group?

No issues to log in the same. You can also each use your own as long as everyone is linked up properly in both accounts.

If that is the case it doesn't really matter if you all log in to one or use each individual one

Anyone taken the bus from Saratoga Springs? What time did it arrive? Which area of the resort?

I’ll be going in 25 days and we will probably just Lyft but would like to know the bus sitch
We are at OKW now, I’ve found the bus situation very similar to Saratoga springs. The first bus that popped up on the app for me had a scheduled pick up of 5:46

when we left OKW at 6, there was a Saratoga springs bus going by for pickup. If you want to be guaranteed in park around 6, I’d take the lyft

Obviously doesn't help you now but in the past people in your situation have had success in joining a BG with just those recognized properly and then going to a GET team member and they can see that the person isn't recognized as in the park and can add them

So seems like best plan is to take what you can get and then go to GET vs risk not getting a primary BG
Actually did that, but then wife got through with all 4 of us. Fingers crossed we get to BG86.

We planned to this morning, but ended up doing Lyft instead. Got there at 5:55, no bus. No listed times. Around 6:05, ordered a Lyft. MK bus came before HS. Lyft and bus arrived at same time (6:15 or 6:20). We are Grandstand, which means the bus still had to drive around the resort. There is a real chance we’d have been late if we’d taken the bus.

And if you’re a later stop, the bus may be full.

I did on the Saturday of Marathon Weekend. We went to the Springs stop at 5:30 AM and a bus came within less than 5 minutes. There was literally nobody else on the bus and, because the Springs is the last stop, it made me think that another bus must have already gone through. There was a bus turning the corner away from the Carriage House as we were walking to the stop but I couldn’t see through the trees to see where it was going. It might have been an internal shuttle or a bus to the Treehouses.

As a side note, we had considered walking to the Carousel stop in case there were a lot of people to get on, but I could see from near the Springs that a bus was just leaving that stop. It probably was the one we eventually got on.

Also, the bus times on the app and the sign at the stop were no help because they showed no times available.

Bottom line, if you get to the stop at 5:30 you should be fine And, if a bus comes as quickly as it did for us you will be past security before 6 AM.

Very conservative on the regular boarding group numbers as of late. I wonder why? You’d think IF it’s getting better that would increase not drop.

The moderator which has had all the right info, starting with AP previews for MFSR, believes the regular BGs are given out for a minute, give or take a few seconds. Time, not number of BGs dispensed, dictates when standby BGs begin.
Greatly reduces recovery compensation.

Very conservative on the regular boarding group numbers as of late. I wonder why? You’d think IF it’s getting better that would increase not drop.
The moderator which has had all the right info, starting with AP previews for MFSR, believes the regular BGs are given out for a minute, give or take a few seconds. Time, not number of BGs dispensed, dictates when standby BGs begin.
Greatly reduces recovery compensation.
I'm with the group that says they're cutting back on the number of comp tickets and FP's they have to give out.

I think it might be all of that - they want to reduce the number of "guaranteed" BGs (even though nothing is 100% guaranteed) but they want to minimize the number of people that are there prior to opening but wouldn't get one - so I definitely could see them saying "ok, those that "join" in the first minute are the ones prepared/ready to go so make that the guaranteed BGs and then move on"

I think long term they would prefer that there are no guaranteed BGs and there are just "BGs" that don't come with the expectation of compensation if not called - just not sure if they can get there in the near term

I think it might be all of that - they want to reduce the number of "guaranteed" BGs (even though nothing is 100% guaranteed) but they want to minimize the number of people that are there prior to opening but wouldn't get one - so I definitely could see them saying "ok, those that "join" in the first minute are the ones prepared/ready to go so make that the guaranteed BGs and then move on"

I think long term they would prefer that there are no guaranteed BGs and there are just "BGs" that don't come with the expectation of compensation if not called - just not sure if they can get there in the near term
Well, @TheMaxRebo, I hate to write (or think!) this, but it's possible they could make every BG a not-guaranteed BG tomorrow. I mean, anything is possible. Ten days ago, who could've predicted that they'd start limiting the initial BGs to the first minute (or 50 seconds, which I think it might've been today)? Also, none of us, I don't think, have any real data on how many people are in a typical BG. It's possible they've lowered that number as well or even that the number of people in any given BG has always been a flexible number.

All I know for sure is that I'm totally addicted to this thread even though I rode twice in December before the changeover to park-opening-BG madness, and I'm not going again until May, but I cannot stop reading this thread. I feel like I know all the regular posters! And love you! That means you, too, @TheMaxRebo! 💜

Maybe if expecting recovery FP people to come early they are ok to give new return time longer windows

Or maybe they know there might be issues this morning so not to stress the ride?
Or maybe it truly was a test, and the test has ended, pending a final decision.
Bottom line, if you get to the stop at 5:30 you should be fine And, if a bus comes as quickly as it did for us you will be past security before 6 AM.
Which of course would be 6:30 after they go back to 8am openings next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter