READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy, you give someone at home, at the airport, anywhere, your log in information. They can log in to your MDE account, pick the people that are inside the park and have them join a bg. They will have less people's data/bandwith to compete with, maybe using wifi from home so it should be a more reliable form of joining
Ooooooooh. That makes sense. That would also require me having someone willing to wake up that early & help me, lol!

I will add that we had a friend at home logged into our MDE to help us out, but my daughter is the one who got BG 15 in the park. But it was nice knowing we had reinforcements in case there were connectivity issues in the park that morning.

Has anyone been experiencing the no-reason logout when you try to open MDE just before official opening time? Then even if you instantly recall your password, you have to mess around for a little while to get back in. I was getting this last summer at DL while trying to purchase MaxPass and it was quite annoying.

Has anyone been experiencing the no-reason logout when you try to open MDE just before official opening time? Then even if you instantly recall your password, you have to mess around for a little while to get back in. I was getting this last summer at DL while trying to purchase MaxPass and it was quite annoying.
I had something kinda similar happen on Dec 14, when they were still on the first come, first serve system. I had MDE open before I tapped in, and as soon as I was in DHS, it reverted to the log-on screen. Fortunately for me, my sister didn't have this happen and got our BG for us. I thought I knew my password, but it wouldn't work and I had to get help from a CM. I think it may have something to do with a conflict with my Disney+ password, but this was the first time DME kicked me out.

I had something kinda similar happen on Dec 14, when they were still on the first come, first serve system. I had MDE open before I tapped in, and as soon as I was in DHS, it reverted to the log-on screen. Fortunately for me, my sister didn't have this happen and got our BG for us. I thought I knew my password, but it wouldn't work and I had to get help from a CM. I think it may have something to do with a conflict with my Disney+ password, but this was the first time DME kicked me out.
I plan to be ready for this on Sunday, since the BGs will not be available for long on a holiday weekend. But if it refuses my manually typed password, it may leave me out in the cold since getting help in time from a CM seems unlikely. Tough to be a solo traveler.

I plan to be ready for this on Sunday, since the BGs will not be available for long on a holiday weekend. But if it refuses my manually typed password, it may leave me out in the cold since getting help in time from a CM seems unlikely. Tough to be a solo traveler.
Well, look on the positive side. I'm the only person I know who this happened to and I've been following not just this thread from its inception 4,807 posts ago, but also the now-defunct thread that was voluminous too. So the odds are this isn't going to happen to you. I would advise, though, don't open MDE until exactly 7 a.m. or whenever the park opening time is. Then you can breeze thru the rest of the process. You could also position yourself near a CM. I hear there are lines for the CMs before the official opening these days, but I haven't been there in a month, so I'm not totally sure.

ETA: Baby Yoda will help you!

Thanks to the person who mentioned an Oga's ressie, I always forget to actually make one haha! I can usually get in as a standby but it'll be nice to not wait.

The no reason logout was sort of the start of my issues back on 1/2. Had been at WDW for like 5 days at that point and it hadn’t logged me out once... but sure enough when I opened the the app that morning... logged out for no reason. My password is saved in my iPhone so it populates with FaceID so that wasn’t a problem... but that then turned into connection/data capacity issues getting it to actually log in, show the SW screen on that front page, and then on down the line. Caveat that my morning was one where BGs were filled in minutes. I think my issues were more demand being greater than LTE data capacity at that particular moment in time which had heavy, heavy crowds, but the random log out added to what became a few minutes of stress.

The no reason logout was sort of the start of my issues back on 1/2. Had been at WDW for like 5 days at that point and it hadn’t logged me out once... but sure enough when I opened the the app that morning... logged out for no reason. My password is saved in my iPhone so it populates with FaceID so that wasn’t a problem... but that then turned into connection/data capacity issues getting it to actually log in, show the SW screen on that front page, and then on down the line. Caveat that my morning was one where BGs were filled in minutes. I think my issues were more demand being greater than LTE data capacity at that particular moment in time which had heavy, heavy crowds, but the random log out added to what became a few minutes of stress.
I forgot that had happened to you, @GADisneyDad14. You had a helluva day that day, although it turned out okay. I had my app opened and after I tapped in it reverted to the log-in screen. To say that I panicked is an understatement, but my sister snagged the BG so it turned out okay.

Edited to fix typo

In general, what should I expect when my boarding group is called? I’ve seen photos of lines stretching back to Grand Avenue.
I had BG 14 today. After I finished a light breakfast and the ride still hadn't started boarding, I decided to ride Skyliner to Epcot and hang out there. As soon as I got off Skyliner at Epcot (I think around 9:16), they were boarding groups 9 & 10, so I got right back on and headed back to DHS. BG 14 was called at 9:26. I arrived at the ride entrance at exactly 10:00, and the queue was back just to where it goes inside. I was on the ride 20 minutes later.

They don't seem to be loading up the line as much tonight. Up to 126 but only called 31 BGs in the past 2 hours. I'm off to run a basketball practice and then play some pickup b-ball. Can somebody make sure to post the last BG in case I forget to check? I assume they'll probably get up into the 130s.

They don't seem to be loading up the line as much tonight. Up to 126 but only called 31 BGs in the past 2 hours. I'm off to run a basketball practice and then play some pickup b-ball. Can somebody make sure to post the last BG in case I forget to check? I assume they'll probably get up into the 130s.
At 5:50pm, it's up to 132 (120 - 132).

Sayhello

Our family of four is planning on getting to HS 30-45 min before park opening. Our plan is to grab a BG and rope drop SRMF. We have two little ones and will have a double stroller. Thoughts on strategy for where to park the stroller efficiently so we can get to the SRMF waiting area as quickly as possible?
We also had a double stroller and did RotR on 12/23 (pouring rain, got distracted by Star Tours) and 12/25 (RD MF:SR). My DH just pushed the stroller with the crowd. I'm sure there were people walking in front of him but it was generally an orderly crowd. I peeled off with DD#1 for a bathroom break (she'd been holding it since we entered the park and we were NOT walking all the way back toward the park entrance to go pee and miss our middling place in the crowd!). We caught up to them as the MF:SR line was constituting, they let you keep the stroller until you got close to the entrance of the ride. They offered to take the stroller and park it in the stroller parking nearest the ride, but since there were 4 of us in line by then, he stayed with the kids while I parked. Easy peasy.

tl; dr: keep the stroller as long as you can in line, and you will be able to park it in designated stroller parking near the ride exit. There is no need to dump the stroller anywhere else earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter