READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So spoke with my folks (they're my ride while I'm in Florida) and expecting to get there for 6 a.m. on Monday. Given everything's that's been going on, is this still good enough? Like I'm going without a bag, just my jacket and sweatshirt (it's supposed to be in the mid 60s that day) so should be able to blow by the bag check. But should this likely give me enough time to get into the park still and also ensure the app hopefully recognizes I'm there? Just asking given it seems like past two-three days has been nothing but havoc and IT issues.

Please note, I recognize could still have issue at park open in getting a boarding group with so many doing the same, but I figure I can at least try to ensure the app works and still have time to spare.

For a 7am opening that is more than early enough

Great. Thanks @TheMaxRebo. There is a chance I'd get there 6:15 but fingers crossed all works out (and may the Force be with all those in trying to get BGs that day!)

Unless you want to be there at the front of the rope drop crowd for SDD of MFSR then I think 1/2 hour prior to park opening is fine

It seems like people are recommending to join a boarding group and then get your family/friends added in. I was thinking as more and more people catch on to this and begin to use that as a strategy, maybe they need to adjust boarding group sizes daily and allow fewer people to join initial BG’s as they know they’ll need space to add people in.
I don't think anyone had recommended doing this

I don't think anyone had recommended doing this
Well, people have recommended not worrying if someone in your party is not showing up as in the park, even if they are. The advice is to grab the BG and go to a CM and get them added in. Is it not? I do wonder if that could be a strategy for some.

Well, people have recommended not worrying if someone in your party is not showing up as in the park, even if they are. The advice is to grab the BG and go to a CM and get them added in. Is it not? I do wonder if that could be a strategy for some.
No one recommended not adding everyone in your party what people are saying is that, if they are in the park and the system doesn't recognize them to go to a GET CM. I don't think it's a frequent issue

Unless you want to be there at the front of the rope drop crowd for SDD of MFSR then I think 1/2 hour prior to park opening is fine
@TheMaxRebo Yeah I'm hoping to be fairly close for MFSR, would 6 a.m. be good in that case (or should I be even earlier cause I really don't want to ask my folks to wake up SUPER early for something I'm going to do (I offered to Uber but my parents being who they are, they won't hear of it))

@TheMaxRebo Yeah I'm hoping to be fairly close for MFSR, would 6 a.m. be good in that case (or should I be even earlier cause I really don't want to ask my folks to wake up SUPER early for something I'm going to do (I offered to Uber but my parents being who they are, they won't hear of it))

If you want to be at the very front then closer to 2 hours is better but I think one hour, knowing you are no bags and a solo person that can kinda snake through the crowd a bit should be fine

The recommendation is grab a BG first deal with the missing party members after. Better to ask a CM to add 1 person than try to find one to fix the issue while time ticks by and BG get snatched up.

Not to be confused with having people added to your group for any reason other than a technical glitch.

No one recommended not adding everyone in your party what people are saying is that, if they are in the park and the system doesn't recognize them to go to a GET CM. I don't think it's a frequent issue
I don’t know how frequent it is, but I feel like I read multiple reports of somebody not being recognized within their party every morning.

The recommendation is grab a BG first deal with the missing party members after. Better to ask a CM to add 1 person than try to find one to fix the issue while time ticks by and BG get snatched up.

Yes. This is what I’m sure more and more people are doing, because it’s the smart thing to do with BG’s filling up in minutes.

And as people catch on to this, I wonder if boarding groups may be adjusted to have fewer people because they know more and more people need to be added in.

@yulilin3 has often mentioned that riding MF:SR at the end of the night is your best strategy other than being at the front of the pack at Rope Drop (which requires a VERY EARLY and boring arrival time)...

Here we are on a very busy holiday crowd weekend and MF:SR is showing just a 50 minute wait (which you’d hope is a high estimate) vs 130+ for much of the day.

Just providing some real world numbers to back up the info that’s been shared. :D

If your group doesn't get called do you get fastpass for another day. What about back up groups
If you are backup group there is no guest recovery compensation. If you are not a backup group, yesterday they gave out a one day DHS ticket and a fp that’s as good for ROTR. In the beginning they were giving one day park hoppers and the fp.

@yulilin3 has often mentioned that riding MF:SR at the end of the night is your best strategy other than being at the front of the pack at Rope Drop (which requires a VERY EARLY and boring arrival time)...

Here we are on a very busy holiday crowd weekend and MF:SR is showing just a 50 minute wait (which you’d hope is a high estimate) vs 130+ for much of the day.

Just providing some real world numbers to back up the info that’s been shared. :D
For sure! Rode Jan 2, got in line 30 minutes before 10pm close, posted wait 90 minutes, actual wait 45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter