Rate Increase Coming Now?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
So now that we have a date, do we expect to see ticket price increases in the next few weeks/near future?

I'm super glad I purchased my AP a couple weeks ago for 2020! Now we only have to buy one hopper.

I'm already booked at Boardwalk for 2020, so I'm crazy to find out what my price will actually end up being...

Probably but this won't be a typical increase. Now that tickets are different based on the day of the week, month, and season, one day may go up $1 and another day may go up $10. You may get an average increase but there won't be a set across the board increase.

Probably but this won't be a typical increase. Now that tickets are different based on the day of the week, month, and season, one day may go up $1 and another day may go up $10. You may get an average increase but there won't be a set across the board increase.

That's right, I forgot about that!

Hopefully the first couple weeks of May (2020) will be a "smaller" increase. :)

I could see them upping annual passes with another 5-10% now that they have announced a date. I doubt they will raise regular ticket prices until after December since they just set the new seasonal prices.

Interesting... is it possible that that date could be extended in the future?

Assuming we can trust anything a customer service CM says, yes. (We know trusting what they say to be accurate is often risky). I only asked once, but got a clear message back (that I saved) that the 2030 date is a placeholder and that vouchers do not expire. This was from a query directed to MDE support.

So if a buy an AP voucher now but don't activate it until sometime next year, I won't pay any additional price increase when I go to use it?
I didn't know that. Or am I misunderstanding.

So if a buy an AP voucher now but don't activate it until sometime next year, I won't pay any additional price increase when I go to use it?
That is correct! I have several vouchers for my family that I have socked away for when my kids are the perfect age and they list a 2030 expiration date... which also may be just a placeholder and could be extended in the future.

Bought mine two weeks ago for May 2020 in anticipation of price increase! We only bought on because it made sense for us, so we will be buying one hopper. We'll be going first two weeks of May, so hopefully price will be lower than other times of year. :)

Wow, I'll be buying a few now! How did I miss this?? Is this just for WDW? or is this true for Disneyland also.
I can't find any definitive answer when I search. And thanks everyone for always being so helpful! very much appreciated -- :daisy:

Will the price increase affect only tickets or room rates too in your opinion?
Would it be worth it to book early before packages are released for a March 2020 vacation?

Will the price increase affect only tickets or room rates too in your opinion?
Would it be worth it to book early before packages are released for a March 2020 vacation?

If you book now, your price will go up when 2020 packages are released. Only real advantage to booking early is it's a placeholder. :)

We booked over phone for May 2020 because we had a specific category we wanted to book. I had to pay one night of the highest rack rate for this year as my deposit and my price will change when the new prices come out for next year.

If you book now, your price will go up when 2020 packages are released. Only real advantage to booking early is it's a placeholder. :)

We booked over phone for May 2020 because we had a specific category we wanted to book. I had to pay one night of the highest rack rate for this year as my deposit and my price will change when the new prices come out for next year.
Are you sure about this?
I asked this question to the Cm and she told me no that was the official rate!?

Are you sure about this?
I asked this question to the Cm and she told me no that was the official rate!?

Yes. The rate you book now for a 2020 trip is the highest rack rate of this year, because they don't have 2020 pricing yet. When 2020 pricing/packages come out, your rate changes to the 2020 pricing.

I believe the only park tickets you can buy now and stay locked in at that price are annual passes.

To note, you are booking room only when you call now - when packages come out and you want to switch to a package, you have to call and rebook or something like that.

We just plan to keep room only.

GOOD Chance prices will go up just beforehand 2020 packages are announced, so take looks at when that traditionally happens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!