Rasulo says: "I think we've been doing the right thing"

"You really shouldn't focus too closely, even though we love to, and even though inside we do, on the first six weeks, six months, six years," he said. "This is a business for the long term."

Asked if improved attractions could offset the slow economy, Rasulo said Disney's best bet was to focus on the customer: "They are the things that will do you the best in an up cycle and will do you the best in a down cycle."

This was great to read!
All too often recently, it seemed that Disney was not thinking of the future with a lot of their moves. In addition to this, things were not being done for the customer's benefit, they would be done for Disney's $$$ benefit. Hopefully Mr. Rasulo can start to do things the right way, although he still has to pass things by Ei$ner first.

Pan

Although he is doing a little brown-nosing to ME, it does sound like he talks the talk...let's see if he walks the walk. :)

The quotes seem to be encouraging. He seems to be saying that things have worked well for 50 years. Changing the strategy now wouldn't make sense. Further, he seems to suggest that micromanagement of the parks isn't the way to go. Both these quotes seem to fly in the face of what Pressler was doing. I wonder if we'll see any immediate improvements. Already, in Pressler's waning days, it looks like Al Weiss seized the reigns at WDW and tried to do some steering. Let's see if Rasulo is true to his word and backs off from micromanaging, allowing Weiss to do his thing.

Mop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter