Random Questions 10/6

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
Refusing to go into certain areas in college because he thought he was better than the people there

Ohhh there are a few goodies.
Number 1 and still champion of offensive things said, a person asked me why I bothered going to college for a degree if it was only CUNY. I could explain all the wrongs here, but if you understand there is no need for words and if you don't the words won't help.

I'm not a fan of the word. It's way too subjective...JMO

I imagine there will be some with much lower numbers but the $102,500 I paid back in 1995 seems like so little now.

Zillow values it at $202,000 now.

My husband bought a major fixer upper back in 1979 about a year before I met him. It was over 120 years old then and sold for $10,000. He was in his early 20’s and borrowed $7000 on it and the house payment was just under $100 a month. It has been jacked up for a basement and completely gutted. My husband has done all the work himself except for the kitchen counter. The only thing original is the frame and the older section of basement. 40+ years later and it’s still not completely finished.

My husband bought a major fixer upper back in 1979 about a year before I met him. It was over 120 years old then and sold for $10,000. He was in his early 20’s and borrowed $7000 on it and the house payment was just under $100 a month. It has been jacked up for a basement and completely gutted. My husband has done all the work himself except for the kitchen counter. The only thing original is the frame and the older section of basement. 40+ years later and it’s still not completely finished.

Haha....we bought a house in 1979 also for $20k. Our payment was $200 a month. We lived there about 4 years and moved on, but we did do a new kitchen counter, carpet, paint and tore down paneling and put up wall board.

We were newly married and hubby was 22, and we were 2000 miles from family, so we learned quickly how to manage.

But, that wasn't our first address - we rented a place earlier that year for $125 a month and then moved to the state where we bought the house.

Married in 1993 and later that year bought a lot for $5K, and built a rancher (standard 3 bedroom, 2 bath w/ garage "shoebox") ourselves. Mortgage = $55K or about $550 per month.

First HOME we rented...$2300/month

Current rental home: $3700. It just went up from $3300 which we had been paying since 2015.

If we had purchased this home instead when we moved here in 2015, our mortgage payment would be $4765. So, we've been winning, so far.

First home we bought in 1995 when we got married for 115,000. Sold it four years later for 180,000. Our current home we purchased in 2000 and it has more than doubled so both were great investments.

We’d all be introverts.

Yes! For my contribution, we'd stop with the useless small talk.

"How are you?" (I don't really care)

"I'm fine." (I'm not fine but you don't need to hear about my life drama)

"Good." (I still don't care. Why do I keep talking?)

"How are you?" (I'm barely paying attention now)

"Fine." (I actually feel like garbage today)

Also, people would be honest with everyone all the time.

First house in 1995 was $83,000 I think. About 1400 sq feet 2,storey with decent size yard.

We bought a 2 BR, 1 BA in our college town in 1982 for around $50K. We assumed a mortgage at around 14% and thought we were getting a great deal.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter