random, no real topic, rack up your posts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? What state? :confused3 I have a personal "inform the public" mentality at McD's that you should order TWO four piece nuggets (getting eight for $2) instead of the six piece on our menu for 2.25. Did I mention that we eat at McD's A LOT????:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm in NJ. I only know because I bought lunch for my students the other day and I made them order something off the dollar menu. When I called in the order I asked to make sure they were really on there, and they were.

Welcome wardfamily!
I see a McCain in your siggy. I am worried about his education views (not fixing No Child Left Behind, no money for preschool programs) Where is Ross Perot when I need him? I am NOT political at all, not trying to ruffle feathers, I am a teacher and need some educational reforms for ALL of us.

You are not ruffling feathers. For the first time I actually don't want to vote. But I will.

anyone seen a good movie lately?
Kids just rented National Treasure 2 (from redbox, free code!) and it is good!

Welcome wardfamily!
I see a McCain in your siggy. I am worried about his education views (not fixing No Child Left Behind, no money for preschool programs) Where is Ross Perot when I need him? I am NOT political at all, not trying to ruffle feathers, I am a teacher and need some educational reforms for ALL of us.

Well I certainly don't want to turn this thread into a poltical one, I go on enough of those.;)

Here are his view on education:
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/19ce50b5-daa8-4795-b92d-92bd0d985bca.htm

Here's a quote worthy paragraph from the link:
John McCain believes our schools can and should compete to be the most innovative, flexible and student-centered - not safe havens for the uninspired and unaccountable. He believes we should let them compete for the most effective, character-building teachers, hire them, and reward them.

Living so close to Detroit, we hear about the horrible Detroit school system all the time. I'm sure there are plenty of teachers who care in Detroit, but I'm also sure there are just as many (if not more) merely going to work everyday just to get a paycheck. I know parents need to get involved, but having good solid roll model type teachers just might make the graduation rate (25% in 2007) rate increase.

Yep, I turned 40 with Mickey last year. I wore the birthday button all week, and we had a birthday celebration at every single restaurant we went to on Disney property. The best was Chef Mickey's, seconded by Crystal Palace and Donald's Breakfastosaurus. Chef Mickey's made a big deal of it, with a placemat and cupcake, and of course lots of birthday singing. Crystal Palace also did a decorated table and cupcake with singing, and at Donald's they set me in the center of the restaurant and sang REALLY LOUD, :goodvibes and then gave the kids the dinosaur squirt gun (from the McD's happy meal) to annoy each other and us all day. OF course, my three kids told every single person they met that it was my birthday, so that added to all the attention. Not that I cared, 40 is great! I feel like a teenager (except now I have one and one neary teen) so I guess I have to act like an adult most of the time!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: We are doing Universal this year and I will turn 41. I don't have to change my user name, right?:dance3:

anyone seen a good movie lately?
Kids just rented National Treasure 2 (from redbox, free code!) and it is good!

We're going to rent that tonight, I'm glad to hear it was good. Would you say it is AS good as the first one or better?

Your drawing of you and Mickey intrigues me, in your siggy. WHat is it from?

Its me...and Mickey. Its an editing program thing:

m_3405a5d361b8d65ab08c037a23cc768a.jpg

:thumbsup2

have you discovered Redbox yet? Movies from the machine for a buck? (a night) Each monday there is a code for a free one, and if you google redbox codes you can find lots more for a free rental (I know, saving a buck, but you can see a lot of free movies this way!) It is my new favorite thing.

LOVVVVVE REDBOX! :lovestruc

Well I certainly don't want to turn this thread into a poltical one, I go on enough of those.;)

Here are his view on education:
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/19ce50b5-daa8-4795-b92d-92bd0d985bca.htm

Here's a quote worthy paragraph from the link:
John McCain believes our schools can and should compete to be the most innovative, flexible and student-centered - not safe havens for the uninspired and unaccountable. He believes we should let them compete for the most effective, character-building teachers, hire them, and reward them.

Living so close to Detroit, we hear about the horrible Detroit school system all the time. I'm sure there are plenty of teachers who care in Detroit, but I'm also sure there are just as many (if not more) merely going to work everyday just to get a paycheck. I know parents need to get involved, but having good solid roll model type teachers just might make the graduation rate (25% in 2007) rate increase.

I am in a totally different environment here in rural western PA. Our schools are GREAT (that is not boasting, our scores are HIGH, our teachers are exceptional, our kids are really the focus.) The teachers I work with work really hard, and our kids work really hard, and our scores reflect that. We only graduated 127 students in the senior class last week, but that is about 99 percent of those who started (maybe one got pregnant and dropped out and another dropped out due to lack of interest). I am an elementary teacher, and I really have to say that every single elementary teacher I work with is NOT in it for the paycheck, we care and worry about every single child in our class. I had 18 students this year and each one got tons of individual attention and individual instruction. We are already the highly qualified teachers McCain is talking about, but there is no way we can get every single child to pass the state test. Some just aren't capable. THey will make progress, and should be judged on that, but we can't make every single child proficient to the standards of No Child Left Behind. And it isn't fair to those children who can't pass either. In my district, the ones who can't pass the test shouldn't even be taking it (IEP students). No Child needs lots of revision work.

Yep, I turned 40 with Mickey last year. I wore the birthday button all week, and we had a birthday celebration at every single restaurant we went to on Disney property. The best was Chef Mickey's, seconded by Crystal Palace and Donald's Breakfastosaurus. Chef Mickey's made a big deal of it, with a placemat and cupcake, and of course lots of birthday singing. Crystal Palace also did a decorated table and cupcake with singing, and at Donald's they set me in the center of the restaurant and sang REALLY LOUD, :goodvibes and then gave the kids the dinosaur squirt gun (from the McD's happy meal) to annoy each other and us all day. OF course, my three kids told every single person they met that it was my birthday, so that added to all the attention. Not that I cared, 40 is great! I feel like a teenager (except now I have one and one neary teen) so I guess I have to act like an adult most of the time!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: We are doing Universal this year and I will turn 41. I don't have to change my user name, right?:dance3:

I am 47 and have absolutely loved this time of my life. I think being 40 is a very freeing time in a womans life. I can only imagine what the next decade is going to hold. (Hopefully grandchildren!!):banana:

I am 47 and have absolutely loved this time of my life. I think being 40 is a very freeing time in a womans life. I can only imagine what the next decade is going to hold. (Hopefully grandchildren!!):banana:

Well, I am not quite ready for grandchildren, but maybe in the next decade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter