Rainforest cafe discounts

cyndik1111

DIS Veteran
We are trying to afford a lunch at rainforest cafe at AK for 9 people. I know this is gonna cost a lot of $$, so trying to figure out how to trim the bill.

Can I do this????

I have 3 reading rewards calendars for the 3 little ones ($.99 kids meals)
I have an Entertainment Book coupon for $5 off
I can join the Select club and get $25 back that I paid for joining.
My birthday is right around when we are going, so maybe I could use the $25 birthday bonus also

Could we use all 4 of these at once?

If I apply on line today for the club, how soon will I get the card? We are leaving the end of this month.

Thanks in advance to anyone with experience for answering.

Last month I paid $25 to join and it was also my birthday month so another $25. They combined the amounts and we had $50 off the bill. Or in other words $25 since I had to pay $25 to join. The card did take a good week to get to me but the points were online within a day or so. They give the the number right away and you can print it out to take with you if needed.

I have also been told having the card gets you in faster in case of a long line. I have no experience with that. We had reservations at an off time so pretty much walked in.

The waiter did say they do not combine discounts. I would call and see what they will take. Maybe it might not be worth getting the card if for example the kids meal deal worked out to be the same amount or more off.

Thanks
You mentioned the card can get you seated faster. Is that with or without a reservation? We have reservations for 12:30, but I thought I read somewhere that that is just "priority seating", and you still have to wait a bit.

Thanks
You mentioned the card can get you seated faster. Is that with or without a reservation? We have reservations for 12:30, but I thought I read somewhere that that is just "priority seating", and you still have to wait a bit.

Thats what I have read. You are bumped up the line somewhat if you do not have a reservation vs someone without the card.

Thanks

It doesn't matter. With the card you get pushed to the front of the line of people to be seated. Love that perk!

The card gets you priority seating but in case of Trex my ressie over rode my priority seating staus.

I went to RFC without an ADR and still had to wait 30 minutes with Landry card perk. Also, I believe you can only use 2 reading rewards per table and per adult entree.

Being "bumped" is always good.
I just called the restaurant, as a PP suggested. At first they told me the reading chart program had been discontinued, and they would not honor it. But I pressed on. I told her it didn't expire till 12/31/12. So she checked with "the manager". and came back and said they would honor it, and I could use the club credits on my card with those charts.

This is all very good news. I then checked WDWinfo.com for a cost break down for the restaurant. They have a menu with prices (I'm assuming it is somewhat accurate). And I now have sticker shock. :eek: Not sure we can afford this place even with the discounts. For 9 of us, I estimate the cost to be at least $180. We may just have to do a counter service in the park. :sad:

worm761 said:
It doesn't matter. With the card you get pushed to the front of the line of people to be seated. Love that perk!

At all the rainforest cafes I have been to....and we've been many times priority seating only works for parties of 6 or less. I joined when they had the Safari Club for $10 years ago and they upgraded me for free to the select. I actually like it and the rules may have changed but when we went to Nashville about a month ago and I asked for priority seating they made sure our party was 6 or less first.

Edit: I should have read closer to see that you already have a resssie :).

I think you can only use 1 reading log per adult though. We just used 2 logs and the $25 membership credit as well as the $25 birthday credit.

I think you can only use 1 reading log per adult though. We just used 2 logs and the $25 membership credit as well as the $25 birthday credit.

No worries- if we do go, there are 4 adults. We will be seated at 2 different tables with 2 different checks. So we should be able to use the 3 rewards calendars.

Maybe think about just going for dessert in the afternoon or late evening - You could split three volcano desserts and still enjoy the atmosphere???

Why don't y'all split meals to make it more affordable? The entrees are really big ;)

Why don't y'all split meals to make it more affordable? The entrees are really big ;)

Definitely a thought. Dessert might be the best idea....We have some really big eaters in the group (older kids/husbands) They'll consume their entire meal and come looking at the Mom's plate (and little kids) for more....LOL

One of the older kids even sits close to her little brother at meals and waits with her fork. As soon as he takes a break, she swoops in. Funniest thing to watch! No wonder he is so skinny. :lmao:

I think it is just one of those restaurants where you have to expect and ugly bill and just smile through it :confused3. We went there a few years ago in Downtown Disney and I had some coupon or other and maybe a giftcard and for 2 adults and 4 kids I still wanted to fall on the floor when our bill came :scared1:. And I probably drank water! LOL

The biggest bill killer is drinks, especially if you get souvenir cups. We did last trip and honestly the kids cup was not worth it but the adult ones are nice.

The biggest bill killer is drinks, especially if you get souvenir cups. We did last trip and honestly the kids cup was not worth it but the adult ones are nice.

Are we talking alcoholic drinks? or just plain old soda? Can we order water?

If it were just my family, we'd go and spend the money for the experience. But my sister-in-law is coming with her family. Her husband just lost his job, so money is very tight. He had lost his job after we planned the trip, and paid for airline tickets. So we still wanted to go.

My husband and I are paying for a big chunk of the trip so her kids can still experience disney. (their xmas gift from us) Plus, this will be my daughter's 1st time at Disney with children- so it will be "fresh" for her. And she will get a kick out of being tour guide.

Anyway, it is a real budget trip and I was hoping to splurge a little. But not sure I can swing that place for 9 people. We are scheduled to do a character meal and I am still recovering from that cost. Maybe doing Rainforest Cafe will just have to wait.

But thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.

cyndik1111 said:
Are we talking alcoholic drinks? or just plain old soda? Can we order water?

If it were just my family, we'd go and spend the money for the experience. But my sister-in-law is coming with her family. Her husband just lost his job, so money is very tight. He had lost his job after we planned the trip, and paid for airline tickets. So we still wanted to go.

My husband and I are paying for a big chunk of the trip so her kids can still experience disney. (their xmas gift from us) Plus, this will be my daughter's 1st time at Disney with children- so it will be "fresh" for her. And she will get a kick out of being tour guide.

Anyway, it is a real budget trip and I was hoping to splurge a little. But not sure I can swing that place for 9 people. We are scheduled to do a character meal and I am still recovering from that cost. Maybe doing Rainforest Cafe will just have to wait.

But thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.

You can order water. We always order water in all restaurants.

We have 2 reading rewards (says on them that it's limit 2 per table, even though we have 3 adults and 3 children). Then I cashed in some of my online rewards for a 25.00 gift card.....so we'll be paying for 1 child's meal and 3 adult meals. I wish there was another way to save other than signing up for the card. We only eat there once every few years, and we never travel during a birthday month (well not an adult birthday.....but one of our children's birthdays usually falls during our trips).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter