Railroad layout in Epcot Germany leaving???

JMR859

Earning My Ears
We just returned from another great vacation at WDW, but I noticed that the railroad garden display had sections of track removed. I know that the track was rebuilt last year so I asked the manager of the glass store what are they doing. She said that she heard that it was going to turn into Kim Possible's meet and greet location. Does anyone know if this is true? I'd hate to see such a beautiful display removed for another character signing autographs!

I can't believe they would take that out for Kim Possible.

Besides, what does she have to do with Germany? A better place for Kim Possible would be The Studios.

It is more likely a location for the Kim Possible Scavenger Hunt than a KP meet and greet.

The railroad was first put in several years ago for F&GF and taken out after it was over.

Then the next year it was put in and remains.

I was just there a few days ago and there are some signs up about this being temporary.

If Disney was taking it out I would have expected for them to have a wall up and removing everything. More than likely they are just making some changes and it will be back, with improvements for F&GF.

If I'm not mistaken, the train layout is in front of a potential country pavilion sector, between Germany and Italy.

This is unlikely, but perhaps it would be removed for a new pavilion? However, I think the area between Germany and China, which is bigger and emptier (the area where the train in has some support buildings behind it), is likely to be used first.

I have 5 pics, but I cannot post them. The rules say I "may not post attachments"

Does anyone think that it has anything to do with LGB selling their Trains to another Company? :confused3

pfishgirl,
You or your husband must be into trains! I'm surprised and impressed by your answer!

JMR859, I believe there's a minimum number of posts before you can add pictures. Don't remember what the number is though, so I guess that's not real helpful :confused3

LGB selling out is an oversimplification, but reasonably accurate. LGB of America will be selling the trains in the US and I believe everything is still owned by a german company? Did LGB donate the equipment? It's not that expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter