Railroad layout in Epcot Germany leaving???

JMR859

Earning My Ears
We just returned from another great vacation at WDW, but I noticed that the railroad garden display had sections of track removed. I know that the track was rebuilt last year so I asked the manager of the glass store what are they doing. She said that she heard that it was going to turn into Kim Possible's meet and greet location. Does anyone know if this is true? I'd hate to see such a beautiful display removed for another character signing autographs!

wdw4us2

<font color=blue>Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year
I can't believe they would take that out for Kim Possible.

Besides, what does she have to do with Germany? A better place for Kim Possible would be The Studios.

episode

Mouseketeer
It is more likely a location for the Kim Possible Scavenger Hunt than a KP meet and greet.

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
The railroad was first put in several years ago for F&GF and taken out after it was over.

Then the next year it was put in and remains.

I was just there a few days ago and there are some signs up about this being temporary.

If Disney was taking it out I would have expected for them to have a wall up and removing everything. More than likely they are just making some changes and it will be back, with improvements for F&GF.

doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
If I'm not mistaken, the train layout is in front of a potential country pavilion sector, between Germany and Italy.

This is unlikely, but perhaps it would be removed for a new pavilion? However, I think the area between Germany and China, which is bigger and emptier (the area where the train in has some support buildings behind it), is likely to be used first.

• JMR859

Earning My Ears
    I have 5 pics, but I cannot post them. The rules say I "may not post attachments"

pfishgirl

In Loving Memory of My Son 5/6/09
    Does anyone think that it has anything to do with LGB selling their Trains to another Company? :confused3

JMR859

Earning My Ears
    pfishgirl,
    You or your husband must be into trains! I'm surprised and impressed by your answer!

ThurlFan

Grim Ghost
    JMR859, I believe there's a minimum number of posts before you can add pictures. Don't remember what the number is though, so I guess that's not real helpful :confused3

• YoHo

If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.
    LGB selling out is an oversimplification, but reasonably accurate. LGB of America will be selling the trains in the US and I believe everything is still owned by a german company? Did LGB donate the equipment? It's not that expensive.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES