Rack rate for BWV 2 bed

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
How come I can't find a rack rate for BWV 2 bedroom villa. Mousesavers and others only show studio, 1 bed and 3 bedrooms

Apparently, Disney has not listed the 2BR, or a rack rate for it, in its available rooms on its website since at least sometime in 2020. I know it often does not give a rate for rooms that are unavailable for dates requested, but the lack of even listing the existence of the 2BR indicates Disney is not offering it, even thought it lists, and has rack rates for, studios and 1BRs, which make up all 2BRs. As to why that is happening is something I am unaware of.

My guess is that the cash rate for a studio plus the cash rate for a 1 bedroom is more than than the cash rate for a 2 bedroom. Since the BWV only has lock offs, it makes sense to offer only the smaller units, which probably rent faster than the 2 bedrooms, anyway.

Ok thanks, I was thinking only DVC members can book BWV 2 bedrooms

How come I can't find a rack rate for BWV 2 bedroom villa. Mousesavers and others only show studio, 1 bed and 3 bedrooms

If you're just estimating then you can just use pricing for a 1 Bedroom + 1 Studio. Or if you want a "discounted" price because it would be a 2BR and not a combined, you can use an estimate off the DVC points chart which gives a 12% discount when booking a 2BR over a 1BR+1Studio.

I know it's not exact, but might be helpful absent of other data.

Wow! Do people ever really pay those rack rates?

For chucks and giggles and I'm too lazy right now to do the entire chart.

Sample 1: $509/night Studio 9/1 = 9 points DVC = $56/pt
Sample 2: $680/night 1BR 1/15 = 22 points DVC = $30/pt
Sample 3: $1092/night 2BR 7/15 = 41 points DVC = $26/pt
Sample 4: $3696/night 3BR 12/25 = 133 points DVC = $27/pt

For the higher end ones, it's actually not all that far off from renting from one of the large companies that charge $20/pt right now. But it seems in all cases it's just better to rent the points than to go direct.

Edit: Just noticed fine print that taxes weren't included in the price. That just makes it even more expensive.

On that note, I'm going to start listing my guaranteed Christmas week dvc for $11,500 (206 points * $56/pt) to see if there's any takers. I'd gladly pay the non-refundable airfare cancellation and rent it to that sucker lucky renter who gets to spend New Years on the beach at PVB. I'll console myself by buying more DVC points with that cash..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter