Quick Service Ordering - Return to “Normal” ?

I also had no major issues with mobile ordering and quick pickup. I tended to order something 15-30 minutes before arriving at a location. Like others mentioned, my irritation was having no place to sit. I recall all the seating during the Taste of Disney and wonder where all those benches etc. went (I did not see them in DCA either) ... having somewhere to sit for a few minutes can be a day changer.

My experience a week ago was a mixed bag. Mobile ordering is mostly fine if you plan ahead & don't need to make modifications and what you want shows up as available to order in the app. Many places you needed at least 1/2 - 1 full hour lead time to place your order unless you did walk up. Also there was very little ability within the app to make appropriate modifications so this necessitated having to do walk up ordering a lot which actually made getting food when one actually wanted to eat easier in many cases. For Craftsman Grill @ GCH there was always at least an hour wait from ordering in the app until an available pick-up time yet you could walk right in to an almost empty restaurant and place an immediate order with the ability to order exactly how you wanted with more options for sides & beverages than mobile order would offer. Some places would speed up your mobile order if you arrived ahead of your pick up time and asked. Overall I found service was very slow no matter if you did walk up or mobile. Cashiers were frustrated with the slowness of actual order fulfillment and had to hold up lines at times
We are going in late April and I thought we would eat a couple of lunches at Craftsman Grill as a break from the park. In your opinion would it better to just rock up and order on the spot?

We are going in late April and I thought we would eat a couple of lunches at Craftsman Grill as a break from the park. In your opinion would it better to just rock up and order on the spot?
If you want to modify your order in anyway from what the menu lists I would definitely advise doing walk up or if you think you might want to add anything from the grab & go items since they seem to vary from what's shown on the mobile menu. If your good with how items are listed in the menu you can do mobile order and the cashiers should be able to speed up your order when you get there. If you need to order kids meals beware that they have much more substitution options than listed in mobile ordering like many more beverage choices and some of the entrees wouldn't allow fries as a side through mobile ordering.

You guys have me kind of worried. I’m traveling with a group of 80 to the parks. 66 teens, most of who wont be able to mobile order because they will be carrying cash. Are there still standby lines, or do we need to rethink things. We did recommend they get gift cards for Genie+. The students will be performing in the parade on one day, and then having clinics (*band and chior) on another day. We will be on a tight schedule. We will all be getting food vouchers for one meal each day in the parks. Waiting hours for food isn’t quite in our time budget.

You guys have me kind of worried. I’m traveling with a group of 80 to the parks. 66 teens, most of who wont be able to mobile order because they will be carrying cash. Are there still standby lines, or do we need to rethink things. We did recommend they get gift cards for Genie+. The students will be performing in the parade on one day, and then having clinics (*band and chior) on another day. We will be on a tight schedule. We will all be getting food vouchers for one meal each day in the parks. Waiting hours for food isn’t quite in our time budget.

There are still standby lines but sometimes they move very slowly. For example, all but one of the cashier counters in Flo's have been removed and when it gets busy, they put a second CM at the line. Since Mobile Order was 1/2 an hour away, we decided to wait in the line but it took nearly 40 minutes to get our food so we would have been better mobile ordering.

If you are short on time, I recommend going to the Pacific Wharf food court. Odds are, there will be some place there that has a reasonably short line. It's harder in the Disneyland side where the restaurants are all spread out. I recommend starting at Rancho del Zocalo which doesn't have mobile order. If that happens to have a long line, you could follow the Rivers of America and check what restaurants have short lines: Golden Horseshoe, French Market, Hungry Bear and possibly go into Galaxy's Edge (Ronto's or Docking Bay).

With that many people, it'll be a challenge if everybody wants to eat at one specific place. If you can split up and just go to whatever place has short lines, you'll do a lot better.

Last time I was there was June 2021, and I agree it was chaos, but not so that it ruined my day or anything. But I'm going to take just a moment to rant about one experience.....

Mobile order placed. I'm NEXT in line at Smokejumpers to pick up. I waited 20 minutes as the person next in my line while every other line moved along at a normal pace. When I finally got to the counter I asked what the holdup was, and they said the folks with the mobile order ahead of me decided to add a bunch of things to their order when they got to the counter. Don't be those people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter