Quick Service Kids Menus

inspectorgadget

Mouseketeer
I am visiting in a few weeks with 4 teenagers and 2 of them (sometimes 3) do not eat very much. We will only be eating quick service meals. How big are the kids meals? Are the portions equivalent to the Disney kids meals? I am familiar with those.

They're decent in terms of size. Like most kids' meals, they tend to be not so good in terms of variety. Some places have kids' menus listed, and some do not, but still have them. The other issue is availability - or at least visibility. When we ate at Simpson's Fast Food Blvd, there were no kids' menus listed. The TM directing the line told me there were no children's menus, and encouraged us to order something stripped down off the regular menu. I disagreed, and one of the TMs serving the food confirmed that the kids' options were chicken tenders, personal cheese pizza, and something else - fish maybe? - I forget. But anyway, you specifically have to ask in some places.

And it's not QS, but when we went to Mythos, there were no paper menus, but the QR code on the table took us to an online menu - adults only. I just googled the kids' menu, and it popped up and we ordered from it, but again, I only knew it existed because I'd done research on kids' menus before going.

I will say that if your kids order from the kids' menu and you stick with water instead of pricier soft drinks, the cost of TS is roughly equivalent to QS. You write that you are familiar with Disney, so perhaps you are thinking of the pricing of their TS meals, which is far and away more expensive than QS. I encourage you to look through the Universal TS menus because their prices might pleasantly surprise you.

Reactions: AJA
They're decent in terms of size. Like most kids' meals, they tend to be not so good in terms of variety. Some places have kids' menus listed, and some do not, but still have them. The other issue is availability - or at least visibility. When we ate at Simpson's Fast Food Blvd, there were no kids' menus listed. The TM directing the line told me there were no children's menus, and encouraged us to order something stripped down off the regular menu. I disagreed, and one of the TMs serving the food confirmed that the kids' options were chicken tenders, personal cheese pizza, and something else - fish maybe? - I forget. But anyway, you specifically have to ask in some places.

And it's not QS, but when we went to Mythos, there were no paper menus, but the QR code on the table took us to an online menu - adults only. I just googled the kids' menu, and it popped up and we ordered from it, but again, I only knew it existed because I'd done research on kids' menus before going.

I will say that if your kids order from the kids' menu and you stick with water instead of pricier soft drinks, the cost of TS is roughly equivalent to QS. You write that you are familiar with Disney, so perhaps you are thinking of the pricing of their TS meals, which is far and away more expensive than QS. I encourage you to look through the Universal TS menus because their prices might pleasantly surprise you.

Thank you for the tips, I will look into into it. At Disney, we always eat QS because eating for 6 at Disney can be $$$. It would be nice to mix it up and eat at a TS meal for once

Reactions: AJA

Another option is to splitting meals. If it's multiple people who don't eat much, perhaps you can order one, or two adult meals for them to share. Multiple times when I've been with my father we would just split one adult meal and was plenty, especially considering we're at a theme park and shouldn't over eat anyway. As someone already stated it's best to do research by looking at photos, perhaps even vlogs. Also, that way you can see what is most appealing and what are the best portions. That way you can compare the prices/sizes and decide on whether it's better order just kid's meals, or split meals.

I also would suggest looking at the splitting things. My 19 year old hardly eat anything and orders off of children's next anyway most of the time at home. I am working on planning a December trip with her and my two boys that are 11 and 9 and I'm thinking there will be some shared meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter