Quick HH question!

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
We are making our packing list (going home next week) and wondered if grills are available at HH. If so, does a one bedroom supply tongs, equipment, or what is needed to grill? Also, do we need to bring charcoal?

Oh...one more thing......if there are grills, are they close to the units and enough so they will be available if we decide to cookout one evening?

Thanks!
Karen

I know for sure there was a grill and picnic table outside of Big Murggie's Den at Live Oak Lodge. There may be a few others around too.

If the one-bedroom is equipped like most are, you should have tongs available.

You can buy charcoal over at Piggly Wiggly's grocery store. It's on 278, not far from the Resort. Take a left as you exit Shelter Cove onto 278.

there are grills scattered about the property. Not sure about the tongs. As Margie J mentioned the grills require charcoal which is not provided. If you are in Live Oak Lodge (most of the 1 bedrooms are located there), the grill that she mentioned should great for you. We saw several folks grilling throughout the week when we were there in early May.

There were at least 2 grills and several picnic tables next to the tot lot.
Don't forget the aluminum foil if you're grilling smaller items because they
may fall thru the grates. You'll also need something to shift the charcoal
around to have the heat evenly distributed.

We were at HH the first week in May. There were several grills around, in fact there was one behind our unit. You must supply the charcoal. I did not see any tongs in the kitchen of our 2 BR. There was nowhere near the amount of kitchen ware as in a 2 BR at OKW. I guess you can always call housekeeping to get what is not there.

facebook twitter