Questions leaving from Port of Miami Disney Wonder!

We're flying into FLL day before embarkation. One-way, one day rental from FLL to MIA with Alamo, with a discount code from mousesavers for less than $80. Will take Alamo shuttle from MIA to POM.

I wanted a car so I could get wine/liqour to carry on board. Plus we'll stay at a Hampton Inn in Coral Gables that is near a botanic garden that we'll visit the morning before heading to the port.

We fly out same day as debarkation, so one-day rental not so good. Taking SAS shuttle to FLL.

Got info for all this (except Hampton Inn/botanic garden) from various threads. Thanks, everyone!!

What rental car company is this most frequently with? It's not that I don't believe you, I'm genuinely interested as I live in South Florida but rent cars here almost every month and sometimes a one way would be more convenient for me.

I have used Avis, Budget, Alamo and sometimes even Thrifty.

MJ

We are flying into FLL in March for a cruise on the Wonder. We will arrive on Sat before our cruise leaves on Sunday. We will also have the whole day on Friday in Miami before our flight leaves that night. After looking at all the options, I have booked 2 one day rentals from Alamo thru our Costco membership. Picking up at FLL and returning to MIA and then the reverse after the cruise. We are a family of 5. I got a mini-van for $ 120 total for each day. I know turning it in to MIA and riding the shuttle may be a hassle, but being able to go where we want without doing taxes/other shuttles with be worth it.

We are flying into FLL in March for a cruise on the Wonder. We will arrive on Sat before our cruise leaves on Sunday. We will also have the whole day on Friday in Miami before our flight leaves that night. After looking at all the options, I have booked 2 one day rentals from Alamo thru our Costco membership. Picking up at FLL and returning to MIA and then the reverse after the cruise. We are a family of 5. I got a mini-van for $ 120 total for each day. I know turning it in to MIA and riding the shuttle may be a hassle, but being able to go where we want without doing taxes/other shuttles with be worth it.

It was extremely easy catching the Alamo shuttle from MIA to port. Just make sure you have your Alamo paperwork handy to show the shuttle driver or they won't let you on the bus.

We also booked Alamo through Costco and got great rates.

MJ

It was extremely easy catching the Alamo shuttle from MIA to port. Just make sure you have your Alamo paperwork handy to show the shuttle driver or they won't let you on the bus.

We also booked Alamo through Costco and got great rates.

MJ

Same here, doing the Alamo for my return from MIA to FLL on 1/9th. I also used Costvo and got s great deal for mini van for only $39(included the toddler seat) for 1 day rental . Can't beat that and we can do some quick site seeing before our flight at 2pm at FLL.
Someone posted on Alamo rental car shuttle... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337359

Just curious I am a Costco member so was wondering how I get a code from Alamo?

Just curious I am a Costco member so was wondering how I get a code from Alamo?

It looked to me that Costco's pricing was the same as at Alamo directly, so perhaps those who got good deals just got in when Alamo's regular prices were low. I've been checking for a pickup from FLL and return to MIA for our upcoming cruise and have seen prices vary greatly!

It looked to me that Costco's pricing was the same as at Alamo directly, so perhaps those who got good deals just got in when Alamo's regular prices were low. I've been checking for a pickup from FLL and return to MIA for our upcoming cruise and have seen prices vary greatly!

its only $2-3 cheaper. :cool1:
you can get the code from their website once you login and select rental car.
you will see some ads at the lower right corner. use ID#

its only $2-3 cheaper. :cool1:
you can get the code from their website once you login and select rental car.
you will see some ads at the lower right corner. use ID#

Thanks for the info! That helps put things into perspective in that it looks like the great prices noted by some people are really just due to Alamo's specials and not really from booking through Costco which is what it sounded like (at least to me). :goodvibes

Don't have an answer to your questions, but my family and I will be on the Jan 9th cruise on the Wonder!!! Hi!!!!:wave2::wave2:

Thanks for the info! That helps put things into perspective in that it looks like the great prices noted by some people are really just due to Alamo's specials and not really from booking through Costco which is what it sounded like (at least to me). :goodvibes

the $3 savings covers the gas. :banana:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter