Questions for early Alaskan cruisers!

I would love to know how much the CD is and if it's discounted at the beginning of the week.

Also what time did you arrive at the terminal, and what time did you start boarding?

Thanks!:)

I was talking about the time on the 2012 dates. That is very disappointing. That certainly does not seem to be enough time to spend for going such a long and expensive trip.

Ok question from my daughter to add to the list- Can we get mickey bars from room service in Alaska? LOL

Sounds like no fireworks and pirate menu, but sounds like they will have the pirate buffet at night and I would assume the party part (i could be wrong)

Wonderful thread! Lovely blogs. Can't wait to read more.

One question to add: Since Alaska is part of the US, do you get cell and internet service through your phone?

One question to add: Since Alaska is part of the US, do you get cell and internet service through your phone?
You do in the ports. The ship is considered "outside the country", so you have all the same issues you do on other cruises. I have Verizon, and I got fabulous coverage in Alaska, even as far North as Fairbanks.

Sayhello

Can you please post another question:

Is there an Alaska scrapbook and refill kit for sale in the gift shop? Disney had one specially made for the Baltic and now that I have been bitten by the scrapbooking bug, I am hoping they have one for Alaska, too.

Thanks for this great thread and for all you early cruiser's help in helping us plan this wonderful trip. Bon Voyage!

You do in the ports. The ship is considered "outside the country", so you have all the same issues you do on other cruises. I have Verizon, and I got fabulous coverage in Alaska, even as far North as Fairbanks.

Sayhello

Thanks so much, Sayhello!

Not sure anyone can find this out, but can someone ask an officer whether all the cruises will be going outside of Vancouver Island rather than through the Inside Passage to the east of the island? Marinetraffic.com shows the Wonder going around the island on the sea side right now....

Not sure anyone can find this out, but can someone ask an officer whether all the cruises will be going outside of Vancouver Island rather than through the Inside Passage to the east of the island? Marinetraffic.com shows the Wonder going around the island on the sea side right now....

Oh boy..... There was a lot of debate and concern over this last year..... DCL's website originally reflected the route as going around the island. Everyone (including myself) cheered when DCL updated their website to reflect the itenerary going through the inside passage.... It made more since to do it that way and still does..... I sure hope they have not changed it:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter