Questions about VB?

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at VB in June for a week. Was wondering if there was an area where you can grill? For the most part we are wanting a laid back lazy vacation, do some of the activities the resort offers. Although I'm curious if anyone can recomend other things to do. Swimmimg with manetees???? Anything? Oh is there a hot tub by the pool? How is the putt putt course, is it themed?? Are there other putt putt coureses in the area that are themed? My kids are putt putt nuts. Thanks!

There may be a grill across the highway at the picnic area; don't remember for sure. Certainly nothing close to where you will be staying.

The putt-putt course is slightly themed (peter-pan-ish), but nothing to get really excited about. 9 holes, and last time we were there, it really needed some money for renovation. Not sure about other putt-putt's in the area, but I know the front desk would know.

There is a nice hot tub by the pool.

They do have lots of activities on-site to keep the kids busy.

A few years ago there were no grills. I was told on our last trip there (3 years ago) that they had added grills in the lot just north of the property. I didn't go check them out as our first experience with grill planning at VB was stressful. On our first trip to VB,MS had told me there were grills but it turns out there weren't. 2 steak meals for 9 people is a difficult problem with no grills. I'd call the resort directly if you don't get more recent info.

Dean

DVC Vero has a nice pool area. At the beach you can rent umbrellas, beach chairs and jet ski They often have some fun things to do like nature watching ( manatees, dolphins and turtles), kayaking on the intercostals waterway( fishing and sight seeing), Mel Fisher's treasure museum looks like an interesting half day, they run excursions to Kennedy Space Center, organized "teen nights out" where they take kids bowling or Pizza and a movie. I would suggest too call a few days in advance to check on their VB activities schedule. To find out what is schedule call Eb & Flo's (the activities location there) to make your reservation.

You might want to try to rent a bicycle and ride the "jungle trail" along the nearby river. It is a very old, unpaved road, with swamps, old orange groves, and new condominiums under construction. Beautiful views and very old Florida. Eb and Flos can give you a map and tell you how to find the trail.

For you and your spouse (after sundown) you may want to try the Green Cabin Room on the upper level. We had dessert there one evening. They serve themed drinks, specialty coffees and their own micro brewed beer.

If you are looking for some place to eat try Shutters for dinner and the breakfasts are very good. Shutters has some less expensive selections than the other on site restaurant (Sonya's). Shutters serves Pizzas, Pasta entrees, seafood, steak, prime rib, meatloaf and Conch Fritters. Sonya's serves fine steaks and chops.

Around Town
One restaurant that is a favorite is The Patio. It is located in town, is reasonably priced and has fantastic fresh seafood.

The Ocean Grill right on the water in downtown Vero. It's not inexpensive but great food. Kids are certainly welcome but it may not be exactly the place for a family dinner. You might try asking for a window seat.

A recommendation for seafood would be Captain Hirams, Ocean Grill is pretty neat too. Be sure to ask for a seat near the windows to gaze upon the ocean during your meal. Both are short driving distances but Capt Hirams is a little farther (Sebastain), both restaurants are on the map they give you at check-in. Capt Hirams is a more casual restaurant and it seems a place the locals go too. Vero Resort has a big black binder near the DVC area that has all the local restaurants and menus.

Other Activities
The Mall is close by and has movie theaters. Also, you will find less expensive dinner choices around and in the Mall. You can do some window shopping at the Mall or take the tour of the Piper Aircraft factory (Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:00 a.m. and 2 p.m., Reservations Required, Dial (561) 567-4361 & press #5 or x2499)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter