Questions about Hilton Tokyo Bay

bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
I have booked my family a trip to Japan (and Hong Kong) this summer. For our TDR portion, I've booked Hilton Tokyo Bay. My questions are, should I try to upgrade to a package or just buy tickets there? Also, will we get the early entry to the parks since we are staying at the Hilton or is that just for Disney hotels?

Thanks! I'm trying to learn as much as I can!

Early entry to the parks is only for Disney hotels. We haven't done a package before, but recently had no problem just buying tickets there. The packages from what I could tell had some benefit of fastpasses and guaranteed access to shows, those may be worth it (at least for the show piece).

I don't have any answers, but I do have questions!

If you book directly with Hilton, can you "upgrade" that booking to a Vacation Package? I didn't know about that. We're taking an older family member on our next trip and it would be nice to have guaranteed access to the shows as we've never had any luck with the lottery!

We normally just buy our tickets online and then exchange the printed A4 page tickets for the nice, credit card size tickets for a small fee at the ticket counter at Disneyland.

Really kind of basic question (sorry): How difficult is it to book a room in general at the Hilton Tokyo Bay? I've heard stories about how it is SO difficult to book things in Japan with American credit cards, but then again, it is a Hilton... Has anyone had trouble or is it really no different than booking an American hotel? We're headed there next year, and if an amazing sale pops up like one did recently, I want to be able to jump on it!

Really kind of basic question (sorry): How difficult is it to book a room in general at the Hilton Tokyo Bay? I've heard stories about how it is SO difficult to book things in Japan with American credit cards, but then again, it is a Hilton... Has anyone had trouble or is it really no different than booking an American hotel? We're headed there next year, and if an amazing sale pops up like one did recently, I want to be able to jump on it!
I'll jump in for you. I don't think HTB has too many availability issues because it is at Disney and not in Tokyo proper. Just be careful if you're going on a Japanese holiday.
Booking shouldn't be an issue as long as your bank/card company knows about the charge in advance. My bank gave me a little hassle (regular fraud protection type service), so I emailed their customer service and they held my reservation until my bank cleared the charge. They are super friendly and helpful if you have any problems.

I have booked my family a trip to Japan (and Hong Kong) this summer. For our TDR portion, I've booked Hilton Tokyo Bay. My questions are, should I try to upgrade to a package or just buy tickets there? Also, will we get the early entry to the parks since we are staying at the Hilton or is that just for Disney hotels?

Thanks! I'm trying to learn as much as I can!
You might try emailing customer service at the Hilton about upgrading. I'm not sure it's possible without going through the regular TDR package website, but customer service would know for sure. Just remember that if all else fails, you do have guaranteed entry at the Hilton so you can buy at the ticket desk at the hotel if something happens. That desk is cash only though if you decide to go that route.

I did email and it's not possible. I booked a discounted rate (really simple through the Hilton site FYI!). They did said I will be guaranteed entry and can buy tickets there in CASH ONLY. I think I'll just pop in the Disney store because we are staying in Shinjuku before moving out to TDR. Anyone know if I can use a card there? I'm getting worried about all the cash I'll need in Japan. I'm not a fan of carrying it.

Thanks all! I'm sure I will have at least 1.4 million more questions during the planning process :)

We stayed there last time without a package and had a great time. Like Agent 86, we bought tickets in advance and then exchanged them at park entrance - 2 of us stood in the entry line while DH went to the much shorter exchange line (not exactly sure of the name...).
For our next visit we are staying at the Sheraton and planning on doing a 2 day package, plus a couple of extra nights. It is not 'upgrading,' it is booking through the Disney site rather than the hotel. We are doing it to be guaranteed a decent number of fast passes on a busy weekend. By DH calculation, it is something like $25 per fast pass. We are not show people, but the show version is appealing if you are.
Have a great trip!

It’s not difficult at all. We even booked part of our stay with Hilton points because we have Hilton credit cards. The whole site is in English and you can even change the currency to usd or whatever your currency is. I will say that someone I know is going two weeks before me and she said her dates were way more expensive than mine until this sale popped up and there was limited availability. We are going June 9-15 and there was tons of availability and I thought the prices were very reasonable.

I did email and it's not possible. I booked a discounted rate (really simple through the Hilton site FYI!). They did said I will be guaranteed entry and can buy tickets there in CASH ONLY. I think I'll just pop in the Disney store because we are staying in Shinjuku before moving out to TDR. Anyone know if I can use a card there? I'm getting worried about all the cash I'll need in Japan. I'm not a fan of carrying it.

Thanks all! I'm sure I will have at least 1.4 million more questions during the planning process :)
The Disney store should absolutely take cards. I don't have any experience personally as I haven't been yet, but everyone I've asked advice from has said that anyplace that has a big name will take it. It's the mom and pop stores that you have to carry cash for. If you get in a bind, get to your nearest 7-11. They will have an ATM that will definitely work for you.

Does Hilton Tokyo Bay have twin room with only one bed? I am trying to book a room using Airmiles but the booking page shows all room types with just one bed even the magic rooms. The Hilton website shows 2 beds in twin rooms, but I want to make sure that I won’t be put in a twin room with only one bed. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

Does Hilton Tokyo Bay have twin room with only one bed? I am trying to book a room using Airmiles but the booking page shows all room types with just one bed even the magic rooms. The Hilton website shows 2 beds in twin rooms, but I want to make sure that I won’t be put in a twin room with only one bed. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!
I believe all of the twin rooms have at least two and some have even more than that

The Disney store should absolutely take cards. I don't have any experience personally as I haven't been yet, but everyone I've asked advice from has said that anyplace that has a big name will take it. It's the mom and pop stores that you have to carry cash for. If you get in a bind, get to your nearest 7-11. They will have an ATM that will definitely work for you.

Thank you!

In Japan, a "twin" room refers to the number of beds, not a twin sized bed like we use the term. So by definition, it'll have 2 beds. :) There may or may not be pull out beds that come out from under them.

In Japan, a "twin" room refers to the number of beds, not a twin sized bed like we use the term. So by definition, it'll have 2 beds. :) There may or may not be pull out beds that come out from under them.

Thanks for the clarification! This was what I thought too.
:disrocks:

There is also a TDR ticket office in Ikspiari. We went there to buy our tickets the evening before our first park day and they took credit cards. Here is the info about the ticket center: https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdr/facility/ticketcenter.html

I have emailed the Hilton to verify the number of beds in the room. They assured me that since we reserved for four people, the twin celebrio room we have will definitely come with four beds! As long as you reserve for the correct number of people in the room, that’s how many beds you can expect in the room. The four beds look like what we refer to as twin sized beds...meant for one person only (unless sharing with a child under 6). There is also a ticket desk in the lobby that sells park tickets for cash only, and Guarantees all hotel guests entry into the parks.

I have emailed the Hilton to verify the number of beds in the room. They assured me that since we reserved for four people, the twin celebrio room we have will definitely come with four beds! As long as you reserve for the correct number of people in the room, that’s how many beds you can expect in the room. The four beds look like what we refer to as twin sized beds...meant for one person only (unless sharing with a child under 6). There is also a ticket desk in the lobby that sells park tickets for cash only, and Guarantees all hotel guests entry into the parks.

:thanks:

Thank you as I will be at this hotel during my time a TDR and it is near Golden Ween and was fearful of being able to gain entrance. Will be purchasing my tickets form the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts