Question regarding Full Hook Up Loops

kakiegirl

DIS Veteran
We have only camped at the Fort once for a week about 15 years ago. We loved it but have just always stayed at Value Resorts since then. We have a new camper and are thinking of camping again for our vacation next year in June. I have been looking at loops. I think we were in the 1400 loop last time because we were right across from a bath house and we just walked across the road to the Chip and Dale Campfire and movie. Loved that loop but it is as much as a value resort and one reason for camping is to save some money. I know we will save on food being able to cook and the daily parking fee anyway. We were looking at the Full Hook up sites and wondered how much of a walk it is from loop 1500 and 1600 to the Pool and Meadows trading post area. Also, any suggestions would be appreciated. We aren't opposed to paying a little more to be closer just wanting to save as much as possible.

Thanks!

We were in the 1600 loop last year and the walk wasn't bad at all. 1700, 1800 and 1900 we be a bit further but doable. If you end up in the new 2100 loop...that could be a problem

1500 is not a full hook up.
Depending on where you are in either 1500 or 1600 you could have a bit of a hike to get to the movie. You would have to walk through the loop, cross the street and take the path past the picnic area and pool. Its quite a bit farther than anything in 1400

Full hook ups are 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 & 2100 (cabin loop converted to full. The first four are close, you walk in the backside by the pool. The 2100 is pretty far. Here is a map, hope this helps.
color coded map.jpg

We were in the 1600 loop last year and the walk wasn't bad at all. 1700, 1800 and 1900 we be a bit further but doable. If you end up in the new 2100 loop...that could be a problem
There's a bus stop by 2100 which may alleviate the walking issue.

You can cut through the 1500-1600 loop comfort station and save a little bit of a walk, you come out right at the entrance of the 1500 loop directly across from the bridge to the Meadows Rec area.

It's not a terribly long walk but I believe we always just take the bus or bike. If you walk, I suspect the bus will pass you at some point.

Congrats on the new camper, always exciting. you don't mention what month you camped 15 yrs ago, but be prepared for wet, It rains everyday in June, sometimes twice, we did June twice, I actually loved listening to the MK fireworks during the rain, I know, odd

Although 1500 is a tent/pop up loop, I don't understand why people are saying it's a bit of a walk. Even from the very back of the loop (it's small,) it's a very short walk to the campfire. It's off the list anyway, not being full hook up, but still don't understand that can be described as bit of a walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter