Question on renting points

kgallag808

Earning My Ears
I am looking to rent points from June 9th to June 18th of 2006 and have a really quick question. I was originally looking to rent points and stay at OKW but my family wants me to try and rent points for the Polynesian. I am not even sure if we can do this?? Could someone please let me know if and explain how to me if I can rent points for the Polynesian. I am assuming you cannot because they do not have villas but thought I would ask just to make everyone happy....hope to hear from someone soon :hourglass
Kurt

I can be done, but it would work out to costing you more than you would pay for reservations at the Polynesian in cash.

Specifically, it would probably cost about $4,300.00 for a week in a lagoon-view room at the Polynesian, by renting DVC points, assuming there was available and there was someone willing to part with that many points.

Stays at non-DVC resorts are considered "exchanges" out of system, so they cost considerably more than staying in a DVC resort. Best value is to stay in a DVC 1-2 bedroom.

Kurt -If you want to stay at the Poly, just call CRO and make a cash reservation. Renting DVC points to stay at a non-DVC property is more expensive than simply making the reservation yourself, and paying cash. According to Bicker's numbers, it would cost you the equivalent of $615 a night to rent DVC points. I think you can get the Poly lagoon view for less than that on your own!!!

since your family wants to be near the MK - ask them about VWL - and see how they feel.

You can get pictures at allearsnet.com and several other places.

the polyn will cost you around $460 plus tax 11.5% per night per room when you go. (the polyn sleeps 5 - 2 queen beds and a day bed)

I would definitely try and talk them into a DVC resort 2-bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter